VOTE: Best Looking 2010s F1 Car Semi-Final #2

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Liquid, Apr 24, 2019.

?

Which of these two Formula One cars is better looking?

Poll closed May 1, 2019.
  1. 2012 HRT F112

46.4%
  2. 2010 Virgin VR-01

53.6%
  1. Liquid

Liquid Premium

2012 HRT F112 vs 2010 Virgin VR-01

2012 HRT F112

Engine: 2.4L Cosworth V8
    Drivers: Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2010 Virgin VR-01

Engine: 2.4L Cosworth V8
    Drivers: Timo Glock, Lucas di Grassi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

HRT managed to make the stepped nose not look awful, and paired it with a seriously underrated livery. The white with maroon and gold is beautiful, and the KH-7 eyesore fits somehow, making it even better!

jake2013guy likes this.
  3. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

Virgin managed to make an striking, narrow, pointy nose in a year when most noses were quite bulbous. I also like the color combination. The step nose, as with almost all the 2012 cars, kills the look of the HRT for me.

4. baldgye

baldgye Premium

I'm very disappointed these two cars made it, I can't stand either :lol:

mustafur and LumpiestFish like this.
  5. Liquid

Liquid Premium

The VR-01 is exceptionally clean and well swept. I love the slightly concave nose, it's a really nice touch. The livery is laid out in a nice way in that it is more like traditional blocks of colour rather than a slapdash of paint or incohesive stripes.

The F112 isn't monstrously ugly but it does nothing for me. No car from that year does. Something very innocuous lets it down; the TV cameras attached right to the front of the nose cone make it look really ugly. If they were further back like on the VR-01, it mightn't be so bad but stepped nose is stepped nose. This was also the start of the time period where the rear ends became increasingly tucked in, giving the cars muffin top appearances to me, like a big, bulbous vase.

However, it is great to see two uncompetitive cars in the running for best-looking. It didn't quite pan out that way in the previous decades with the exception of the Jaguar R1.

6. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

That was something else that wasn't eye pleasing about the HRT I forgot to mention.

7. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Apologies for the delay; a combination of Easter, illness and then internet failure.

The Virgin VR-01 just takes it to advance to the final. :tup: