VOTE: Best Looking 2010s F1 Car Semi-Final #2

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 6 comments

Which of these two Formula One cars is better looking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
2012 HRT F112 vs 2010 Virgin VR-01

2012 HRT F112

Engine: 2.4L Cosworth V8
Drivers: Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan

gp_canada_d1.jpg

HRT_through_the_Esses.jpg

2010 Virgin VR-01

Engine: 2.4L Cosworth V8
Drivers: Timo Glock, Lucas di Grassi

70384b35162a9a7879d12cbe6e5ff24e-jpg.813889

1200px-Virgin_Bahrain_2010_%28cropped%29.jpg

HRT managed to make the stepped nose not look awful, and paired it with a seriously underrated livery. The white with maroon and gold is beautiful, and the KH-7 eyesore fits somehow, making it even better!

Virgin managed to make an striking, narrow, pointy nose in a year when most noses were quite bulbous. I also like the color combination. The step nose, as with almost all the 2012 cars, kills the look of the HRT for me.

The VR-01 is exceptionally clean and well swept. I love the slightly concave nose, it's a really nice touch. The livery is laid out in a nice way in that it is more like traditional blocks of colour rather than a slapdash of paint or incohesive stripes.

The F112 isn't monstrously ugly but it does nothing for me. No car from that year does. Something very innocuous lets it down; the TV cameras attached right to the front of the nose cone make it look really ugly. If they were further back like on the VR-01, it mightn't be so bad but stepped nose is stepped nose. This was also the start of the time period where the rear ends became increasingly tucked in, giving the cars muffin top appearances to me, like a big, bulbous vase.

However, it is great to see two uncompetitive cars in the running for best-looking. It didn't quite pan out that way in the previous decades with the exception of the Jaguar R1.

Apologies for the delay; a combination of Easter, illness and then internet failure.

The Virgin VR-01 just takes it to advance to the final. 👍

Back