VOTE: Who wants to keep the option of photomode filter effects

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 17 comments
  • 1,409 views

Do you want to have the option to use the filter effects in gameplay?


  • Total voters
    53
Messages
1,210
Australia
Sydney
So hopefully most of you guys know you can, just by sheer luck glitch the photomode filters so they work not just on stationary photos, But on moving video like replays and even gameplay. Yes while you are RACING! :dopey:

Whats even better is I have not noticed any performance hit even in the slightest or margins 👍

You can read about it in this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235960


This should never have been a glitch and should be changed to what it rightfully should have been from launch, a feature.

I am pretty confident, PD in their infinite wisdom will see this as a disgrace and take it out in the next patch.

However the real scenario is it's this sort of of attitude that makes GT5 feel cold and clinical, which turns so many people off (the strange thing is gt 1-4 always felt fun).

PD suddenly now feel like real coc...funblockers when it comes to these sorts of fun and only positive things. Its like the kid you knew growing up that always used to tell the teacher or parents when anything fun happened.


PD are so damn nerdy and have turned from cool devs into boring stiff grandparents.The proof of this is that nothing but sheer randomness out-cooled them in how to implement features into their game.

If a boulder falls and makes a better house than you can you are pretty lame house builder.


Suddenly when people see gt5 now with the effects, they now say "That looks awesome!" instead of, "yea its ok"

Driving in miniature is actually more calming and focused and improves your driving experience whilst at the same time make the game look epicly cool whilst at the same time being like a gift from god in that no work has to be done to achieve this glitch as a feature You CANNOT get any better than this and removing this would be the definition of "dumbest-est".

I can set a top gear like effect, or Gotham city mood. Such a SIMPLE thing has added so much to the game and literally requires no effort on PDs part to keep around.

PD hopefully do not go just halfway and allow the filters just in photomode. We want them while DRIVING as well. That is 99% the coolness of it. In replay mode we will get over it, I am already over it honsetly. But I will never get over it whilst driving.

Its already done anyway and EVERYONE likes it so no reason to pretend otherwise.

I think the way this issue pans out will really speak highly about whether PD listen to the hand that feeds them.

So lets have a vote and people who can conact Kaz point him to this thread


No sane person wants NOT to have the option to use these filters. I expect if you vote no you are insane.


Here are some pics from the other thread, courtesy of gtp user Vspectra

dsc_0371xgw9b.jpg




dsc_0370he6n6.jpg
 
Last edited:
This is a vote I'll say yes to as loud as I can. I got "stuck" in cool mode for 2 full laps at Grand Valley Speedway. At first, it's like what? But then you start drooling as the different lighting effects enhance everything. It promptly went away, I tried for 30 minutes taking pictures in cool to get it back.
 
I cant even drive in standard mode that much anymore amd I am actually scared of the coming update that will probably remove it. Its like suddey living in a palace fir a few months knowing you have to go back to a basement soon
 
I couldn't care less if they remove it. It would probably be nice to have as an option though.
 
How does this clitch happen. I have yet to experience it
 
Absolutely they should expand on it. It hurts no-one and actually looks great.
 
Any videos of gameplay with the filters?
 
Can you get the one where only the car is coloured? That would be sweet :)
 
It would need a lot of testing before the next update is released so i think it will disappear soon even if it were to be added as an optional feature at some point in the future.
 
Any videos of gameplay with the filters?

Yes you can usen ALL the filer effects you have available in photo mode durung replaysvand gameplay.

However since the only way you can is through a glitch its not always easy.
To try get the effect during gameplay, puck a mode where you have access to photo mode I.e durung a replay, pause it, then in photo mode apply the filter you want to see, select it a few times, I.ussually also set aspect ratio to 16:9, then just back out of photo mide with the filter as you left it and start somw gameplay as soon as yoy can. You may now have the effect remain.

If not experiment a few times everyone should be able to get this quite easily
 
I think your piano has been drinking. ;)

But I'll go along with this. I don't feel all devastated like you do when it goes away, but it would be a nice option.
 
I would love to have a sepia-type of effect in races with just cars from 1970 and earlier :)
 
i voted no unless they fix the glitches
-different angles have different filters
-filter re appears and disappears through a replay
-cannot disable it once you have 2 filters glitched
-filters transfer over from photo mode and to other races and events * this gets annoying*
 
i voted no unless they fix the glitches
-different angles have different filters
-filter re appears and disappears through a replay
-cannot disable it once you have 2 filters glitched
-filters transfer over from photo mode and to other races and events * this gets annoying*

Man some people have to be spoon fed everything. No one was implying they should leave the filters some glitched. The vote is whether to have them remain in the form of features. The vote is not about leaving them glitched.
Serenity now.....
 
I'd love to be able to drive permanently in the "partial colour" filter, for that authentic Sin City style experience, now where's my big cigar and even bigger gun? >:0)
 
I noticed the new nsx trailer used a lot of pbotomode type filters and and it looks great. Then I bet we actually play it on our ps3s and it looks bland and boring
 
I've been doing a couple races with the bloom filter on, and it is pretty awesome. Sensation of speed is a bit better, and everything really pops. Especially since you can force it on/off at your leisure when using cockpit mode and see how it looks in comparison.
 
Back