VP-Gaming Special Event. 1,5 H Bathurst

• Thread starter Cobra75
  • 55 comments
Schedule conflicts are looking to prevent me from racing. Can I be in reserve until then, @Cobra75? Will try to work things out to make it but I don't wanna commit to a race slot when I'm not 100% sure.

@Whitetail it's good to see that your ability to set a blistering pace at Bathurst is still very much in check. I had no answer, even if I was just lolling around on RM in the same car.

Granted, a lot might be due to being awake for 22hrs before my entry into the lobby, but by the time I left 2 hrs later I was barely able to string together one clean sector a lap.

Pace-wise; eh. Hoping the difference in compounds is close to a second here, will at least mean I can be something close to fighing for top 5 once I'm at 100% and nailing down a solid tune in whatever car I choose, which is looking like the Mercedes at this point.

Sorry to double post but why is race finish delay only 70 seconds?

Not saying it should be changed, just noticed it wasn't closer to 120 seconds... which would be enough to finish their lap for most people.

Sorry to double post but why is race finish delay only 70 seconds?

Not saying it should be changed, just noticed it wasn't closer to 120 seconds... which would be enough to finish their lap for most people.
It is like that because I forgot to change it mate, on race day it will be minimum 120 sec

66FA0DE4-B266-425D-8B8D-F5EB403E6B86.jpeg

Gentlemen keep calm and start your engines, it is race day..

See you on the black stuff

Sorry to @Antares26, @jonnyb1990 and anyone else was involved in the pace lap incident. The thing is that I'm actually used to pace laps that I don't have to brake out of the blue, so I had no idea when we caught up to the leaders (and no, don't tell me about the map because I RARELY use it).

Race ruined before the start, had a somewhat decent clash with jonnyb afterwards but I binned it on the chicane after the back straight (somehow managed to lose control, no idea how, don't ask me).

I didn't want to cause / be involved in another incident so I parked my car into the pits like I did in the Nürburgring race.

Sorry to @Antares26, @jonnyb1990 and anyone else was involved in the pace lap incident. The thing is that I'm actually used to pace laps that I don't have to brake out of the blue, so I had no idea when we caught up to the leaders (and no, don't tell me about the map because I RARELY use it).
Forget the map, how about putting some decent distance between you and the next car in case they do have to brake?

I really want to say is that in situations where the host switches procedure for safety; utilise the room functions. Grid Set By Host is there for a reason.

Also, just in case of such issues, don't just randomly hit start race when people may or may not be finished on their last lap.

Not only do you allow someone their last gasp chance to snag a late well-earned better lap, but you can screenshot the result once people finish their lap and for some reason the room crashes or the race is disrupted on the start.

As for my race; could have gone better. One lap the car did something weird and the back end decided to have no grip at all despite no change to my approach into it... pretty much cascaded into the latter half of being less desirable. Damage on pit entry of 2nd stint pitstop also cost me valuable time.

Only saving grace was pulling a 1:59.8 although it really ought to have been better considering my full lap pace in practice was 2:00.9s with a 59.9 half fuel before finding 7 tenths on my full fuel FL practicing with @Whitetail.

Congrats to the podium guys, and great win for @Whitetail! Sorry I couldn't pull another GEA member onto the top 3.

Sorry to @Antares26 for not notifying you I was typing a message in the pace lap.

@Glenalz81 good challenge for 3rd early on, you made it tough but hopefully you found it fair.

how about putting some decent distance between you and the next car in case they do have to brake?
I don't even remember how much space I left but, compared to the others I don't think it was too small.

I really don't feel like arguing about anything on this game so I'll leave it by saying it won't happen again.

(Adding the pace lap rule in the OP instead of notifying us just before the race would be nice as I want to practise the pace lap procedure)

Any thoughts and things you would like made better please PM me so that we can have a look at it. The restart was a mess I know, that won’t be happening again.

Congratulation to the podium.
Sry for leaving the race like that but i was so disappointed after my crash with the latecomer (the german player, i think...) and sry for him to...
Anyway, im still interested for next event, if im welcome of course.

Back