VR Improvements

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Im a huge fan of all VR experiences and Gran Turismo Sport is the best VR racer i've tried so far. but its not without its faults like every game. My two favourite cars in VR are the 1962 Volkswagen Sambabus and the 1967 Shelby Cobra (Omg that sound).

Possible Improvements

'VR Tour'
1 - When in 'VR Tour' mode you are in a dark room, is it possible to add an outdoor or brighter environment to view these cars as they sort of get lost in the darkness, these are some fantastic models i feel as if they are being wasted in the dark room.

2 - Also when in 'VR Tour' mode if you could adjust the viewing height as we are locked at mid car level, so we can admire more of these models.

'VR Race'
1 - Possibility of increasing the number of laps to the 'VR race' mode.

2 - Increasing the number of competitors in 'VR race' mode or the difficulty of your competitor.

3 - Best cars for 'VR race' are convertibles (I know it's only early days with vehicular updates but is there a way to put the roof down on some convertible models the natural sunlight really makes the interiors look fantastic with the VR headset)

Tilt Issue
When on banked corners is there a way to tilt the camera as the car banks, the character stays vertical and it feels weird and looks funny through the VR.
Car Banked Corner VR Camera View.png Car Banked Corner VR Camera View Correct.png

Chevrolet Corvette C3_Front - Shrunk.jpg

Last edited:
I'd just like them to give us more VR period. Like why can DriveClub dial the graphics down to give us VR but PCars 2 And GTS cant?

First let me do the sport race qualifying in VR. No reason that can't work.
Then import ps2 car models so I can race in VR. I don't need to overtake millions of polygons, a crude model is fine.

And fix the viewpoint. You're not actually sitting in the car which is very obvious during rally and banked turns, or when the car takes off on the flug platz. You're just a camera floating perfectly level in the head position.

Can someone explain how I'm actually sitting or lying down in the Chapparel 2x? The mirror displays are so close they appear to be inside my helmet? I have no clue and feel like a floating head in that car :)

I know that it’s kinda unrealistic with the ps4's power but how about using VR in daily races. Because I have a sim rig and I use cockpit view but I can’t really see the side mirrors of my car which makes racing more dangerous. :)

I searched but can’t really find an answer anywhere, have they mentioned anything at all about maybe in future updates adding more VR features? If not, I’m happy we at least got something, but nothing wrong with wishing. :)

Also when in 'VR Tour' mode if you could adjust the viewing height as we are locked at mid car level, so we can admire more of these models.
Uhh... id recomend standing up. :lol:

Seriously, you can move your head where ever you want, thats the point. You can also lie on the floor and peer underneath your car too. Its really cool.

As for the last point, that particular problem is actually a motion sickness preventative measure. Its the same in wipout VR; only there they have the option to turn it off. Maybe would be nice to have that option in GTS aswell, but it is there for a reason. :)

As for the last point, that particular problem is actually a motion sickness preventative measure. Its the same in wipout VR; only there they have the option to turn it off. Maybe would be nice to have that option in GTS aswell, but it is there for a reason. :)

In Wipeout and Dirt Rally you have the "Lock camera to cockpit" option, this means that if you do not move your head IRL then your head stay at the exact same position in the car. Unfortunately this is not the case in GT Sport, you can clearly see that your head is moving inside the car, forward (when breaking), backward (when accelerating), tilting (on banked turn) etc... And this is really disturbing and can cause motion sickness specially when you use a wheel because you can feel with your hands that it is not moving but in the game it is moving...

Please PD, use "Lock camera to cockpit" for the PSVR (or make it an option "Lock camera to" "cockpit or driver") this could really make the game more enjoyable

I know that it’s kinda unrealistic with the ps4's power but how about using VR in daily races. Because I have a sim rig and I use cockpit view but I can’t really see the side mirrors of my car which makes racing more dangerous. :)
unrealistic?? lol please go end play Wipeout VR and come back

Latest Posts

Back