VR Lap Times

• Thread starter Nicko82
  • 5 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey all, fairly new to GT Sport and gaming in general but my 7 year old and I are now hooked! Had a question on lap times, what counts as a lap time on the lap record ranking board? Has it got to be in an official race or do they still count in time trial mode? Do VR time trials count? I’ve been working on Sardegna road track A in Gr3 cars and did a 1.39.179 in VR time trial mode and lap record for Gr3 is sitting at 1.39.894? I’m definitely nowhere near good enough to have beaten a lap time let alone by that much, so what’s the catch? What formats do you have to be driving for it to count as official records?

VR is limited to a certain offline game mode. It's been some time since I researched this but I remember deciding against getting VR for this reason. I'm pretty sure there is no multiplayer component where you can use it, not even time trials.

VR is limited to a certain offline game mode. It's been some time since I researched this but I remember deciding against getting VR for this reason. I'm pretty sure there is no multiplayer component where you can use it, not even time trials.

Yeah you can do either a VR drive or time trial but you can’t race online or even against the computer. It’s frustrating because I drive wayyyy better in VR because I get good depth perception and a better more natural feel. Just got a Logitech G29 I’m about to set up so look forward to trying with that.
If you’re just in arcade mode doing time trials on a circuit do those lap times register for anything or do official lap times have to be from online races?

If you’re just in arcade mode doing time trials on a circuit do those lap times register for anything or do official lap times have to be from online races?

They only get posted to your personal list of laptimes for each track and have no significance for online leaderboards. Apart from the time trials in Sport Mode there's also online rankings for Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experiences, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

edit: And for the Lewis Hamilton time trials, obviously.

The lap record you're comparing your time with is probably with BoP applied, usually the stock car is faster without BoP. May I ask what car you are using?
You can usually set your car to bop in the car settings.
I havent tried VR mode though so I cant tell you whether there are any differences. @Sven Jurgens ?

The lap record you're comparing your time with is probably with BoP applied, usually the stock car is faster without BoP. May I ask what car you are using?
I havent tried VR mode though so I cant tell you whether there are any differences. @Sven Jurgens ?

i was using the Ford LM spec II test car

oh and yeah I’m pretty sure the bop was off

Last edited by a moderator:
Back