VS Racing Super Series - Italian Rivalry - Cancelled

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 5 comments

Jawehawk

Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Yohansen_92
General info about the Racing Series: This Racing Series will feature a variety of championships, with individual races lasting between 10-60 minutes. Races will usually be hosted on friday/saturday evenings in GMT time. All times posted by me are in the 24 hour format, and using GMT. During Summer time, everyone needs to add 1 additional hour to the posted GMT time.

Should you wish to participate in the event, you have to sign up in this thread, or by PM to me. Furthermore you have to attend at least one practice session, in order to prove yourself capable of driving clean and fair. As I've had problems before with people not showing up, the championship format allows for drivers to only sign up to specific races, rather than the entire championship. So, for an example. If you want to attend race 3, 5 and 8, you inform me, and then you'll only be required to attend those races. It goes without saying that if you want a chance to win the overall championship, you'll need to attend most, if not all of the races.

If you sign up, I expect you to be commited. Should something prevent you from joining, you need to PM me as soon as possible. Furthermore, I expect participants to stay up to date on rules, and to not ragequit the race under any circumstances. If you can't follow these simple rules, then please don't sign up. I've had it with people who sign up, only to forget about it the next day. To aid participants in keeping up to date on rule changes, ect. I've created a "conversation" here on GTP, that all participants will be invited to. That way, you won't miss out on important info.

Unique to Driveclub, any time trial in any championship will be forwarded to the participants via the in-game challenge system. Once the challenge expires, participants will then be given points according to their position on the leaderboard.

Participants will aquire points based on the position they finish in, in the different races.

1st receives 15 points.
2nd receives 13 points.
3rd receives 11 points.
4th receives 9 points.
5th receives 7 points.
6th and 7th receives 5 points.
8th, 9th and 10th receives 3 points.
11th and 12th receives 1 point.

* For this championship, participants will be fighting for 3 different trophies.
* For the last two trophies, the classes are of course scored seperately.

• Overall championship champion
  • Gallardo Trophy
  • Italia Trophy

Points will be allocated after each race, and will be inserted into Google Drive documents for all to see.

Rules and Racing Etiquette:

You will of course do your best to drive clean and fair. You are not allowed to brake test or cut people off. Should you crash into someone, or cause them to spin out, you are required to slow down, and let them pass you. However, if the fault lies with the other driver, you may continue. I realise that this can be very difficult to judge in the heat of the moment, so replays will be used post race do settle any disputes. If you see or experience someone driving dirty, you notify me by PM, and I'll take action. Please inform me of the specific race, lap and turn when informing me of a bad driver. It can also be a good idea to save the replay, just in case I don't have it.

General info about the current championship:
Italian Rivalry Banner.png

For this championship, we'll be travelling around the world, racing on 6 different race tracks in 6 different countries, and settling a long standing rivalry. Participants will have to choose between the Ferrari F458 Speciale, and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Squadra Corse. We'll start of with 5 sprint races, and slowly make our way to an epic finale in a endurance race in Japan. What will you choose? The Bull, or the Stallion?

The cars will be allocated in such a way that we achieve a 50/50 ratio, or close to it. Furthermore, each participant is required to use a unique Racing Number on their car.

Race 1 - 8 Laps of Maplewood Canada 01 - Date/time November 29th at 13.00GMT

Our first race takes place in Canada on the fairly straight forward track of Maplewood. Conditions are dry and sunny, and the drivers are eager for their first race.

Participants 0/12

Race 2 - 8 laps of Autodromo Frontera 02 - Date/time November 29th following 1st race

Straight after racing in Canada, we head for Chile. Offering a slightly more technical layout, the conditions remain dry and sunny.

Participants 0/12

Race 3 - 8 laps of Tamil Nadu 01 - Date/time November 29th following 2nd race

We end the day with a race on the track in India. The sun is setting, as we approach the half way mark of the championship.

Participants 3/12

Race 4 - 8 laps of SKNØ 03 - Date/time December 5th at 13.00GMT

After nearly a weeks rest, we resume the championship on the race track in Norway. The race will be set during the night, with dry conditions.

Participants 0/12

Race 5 - 8 laps of Black Hills Race Circuit - Date/time December 5th following 4th race

From one European country to another, we end the day in Scotland. Light rain has covered the track as drivers strive to make their last marks before the big one.

Participants 0/12

Race 6 - 25 laps of AHR 02 - Date/time December 6th at 13.00GMT.

The conclusion to the championship is a full on endurance race, with dynamic weather and double points awarded to those who finish. If the lap restriction of 12 does not change before this race, we'll have to settle for the 12 laps.

Participants 0/12

Last edited:
Hall of Fame

Italian Rivalry Championship

1st. -
2nd. -
3rd. -

Participants:

GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick: