• 16 comments

GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
I am not a weeb...

This is just for talking about your favorite creators and having a good time.

I've been watching a lot of IronMouse from VShojo and Gura from Hololive, they're more entertaining in my opinion.

I'm convinced VTubers for myself mark the turning point to me becoming an old man, at which point I stop understanding current trends, the modern internet, and fall into disillusionment with what is currently popular in the world.

I never bought in to the appeal of watching someone else play a video game (let's players). It makes even less sense to me why anyone would want to watch the same thing but with a fictional character instead.

I've tried to understand the culture and some of the memes, but I don't find any of the voices they do or jokes they make funny or engaging at all.

Also the idea of virtual personas ties into the emerging concept of the Metaverse, and the Metaverse makes me sick and I hate it, so there's also that aspect.

I'm in my 20s but I think I am rapidly becoming boomer. I find myself rejecting modern media and pop culture more and more every year, and not wanting to take part in it.

Last edited:
I'm convinced VTubers for myself mark the turning point to me becoming an old man, at which point I stop understanding current trends, the modern internet, and fall into disillusionment with what is currently popular in the world.

I never bought in to the appeal of watching someone else play a video game (let's players). It makes even less sense to me why anyone would want to watch the same thing but with a fictional character instead.

I've tried to understand the culture and some of the memes, but I don't find any of the voices they do or jokes they make funny or engaging at all.

Also the idea of virtual personas ties into the emerging concept of the Metaverse, and the Metaverse makes me sick and I hate it, so there's also that aspect.

I'm in my 20s but I think I am rapidly becoming boomer. I find myself rejecting modern media and pop culture more and more every year, and not wanting to take part in it.
I think most of the virtual persona thing is just people trying to hide their identity for one reason or another. I get it to a point, if you have a lot of followers it's easier to go out in public without anyone bothering you or someone showing up at your door step. (it has happened)

With that said, as I've gotten older I appreciate let's plays a bit more because I don't have as much time to play the game myself. Or if it's a new game I'm not sure I want to purchase I will watch someone else play it to see if it's something I really want. Other times it's stuff like GTA RP which is completely random and often hilarious.

I've kinda recently gotten into watching some vtubers and I mostly watch the Hololive EN group. I'd say my favorite currently is Mumei but I do enjoy all of them.

I just recently got interested in Haruka from VShojo, we both went through similar issues growing up. Saying that sounds like I know her personally but I don't.

Believe me, I hate the metaverse too but I still like VTubers as a concept, even though I don't put much effort to keep in touch with modern pop culture either. As far as the usage of personas go, I've heard the whole thing described as exactly the same as professional wrestling, in particular for the usage of kayfabe. I guess if you're not a fan of let's plays to begin with the appeal is limited.

The metaverse is just an alpha test of the Playstation Home Beta! :lol:

As for vtubers, I only recently noticed the trend with Nyanners. Her parody of Doja Cat's Say So was quite funny. Not that interested myself, but can see the visual appeal of the anime manga character styling.

I'm in my 20s but I think I am rapidly becoming boomer.
Ok Boomer!

;)

Last edited:
VTubers, eh? Had no idea what they were until very recently. It's not my thing, although I can see why the concept has taken off.

Having said that, it feels like the idea of VTubers have been popular in Japan since aeons ago and only now the West is catching up on it.

...it feels like the idea of VTubers have been popular in Japan since aeons ago and only now the West is catching up on it.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Here's a brief history and critique of vtubers, the first part explains what they are then delves into their origins...

🤬 NSFW! Language and Content Warning! 🤬

Last edited:
Like with any creator, if I I like the content then I will watch. I found a VTuber that played Gran Turismo PSP recently.

Last edited:
A little late for this, but Mousey hit 1 Million Subs on Twitch!

LANGUAGE AND CONTENT WARNING

Last edited:
They made a life size Gura statue for Holofes and they're going to be auctioning it off for charity.

Last edited:
Nyan and Aethel are now a couple, good for them. They always have good chemistry together.

Ah man Sana from HoloEN Gen2/Council is graduating. :(

It seems to be because of her health issues and it was her decision to do so.

Last edited:
Back