Vulcan GT7 Livery Gallery

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
VulcanSpirit
Vulcan GT7 Livery Gallery

This is a continuation of the Vulcan Livery Gallery thread from the GT Sport forums, where I present a selection of my custom liveries created in the Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor. All liveries showcased use a mix of in-game and user-created decals, including those created by myself and other GTP users. Decals sourced from Discover belong to their respective creators.

Expect to see plenty of brand-new designs here, along with imported classics subject to in-game restrictions.

Previous designs posted in the original Vulcan Livery Gallery thread can be found here and here.

Last edited:
GT Sport Imports - Volume 1:

Pirtek Clio Cup 1.1

The first design to be successfully imported, in fact shortly after unlocking GT Auto. The original became my first-ever shared livery in GT7, but not without issues on the top and bottom elements, which I only noticed while preparing Scapes for it earlier this afternoon. The 1.1 version rectifies these issues while maintaining the B6 Chrome base and touring car-inspired colour palette.

Link.

P-Orca

Technically, this has never been posted on GTP before, but since I unlocked the Taycan fairly early into the single-player campaign I thought I might as well import and use it in GT7 at the earliest opportunity. A novelty black and silver scheme inspired by killer whales, which came about after buying and driving a Taycan for the first time in GT Sport. My general consensus at the time was that while blisteringly quick down the straights, the electric Porsche could've done with a substantially lower base weight and tyres which can harness its sheer power. Hence, why not decorate it like one of the biggest, heaviest and most recognisable sea mammals out there?

Uses the classic Porsche Rhodium Silver base, though for some reason that paint was listed under 'Jaguar' the last time I checked in the Livery Editor.

Link.

Mistral Motorsport X2019

Made entirely possible by the fact that I was able to complete all Licence Tests before the 1.06 update. Didn't need to have any decals re-imported or replaced for this one, and the P8 Fluorescent base is sure to stand out once again from the Red Bull packs.

Link.

Mononoke Motorsports 86 Gr.B

The first of the three Princess Mononoke designs to make the transition, once again making use of @Maninashed's San decals. From the start, I had been experiencing issues with car liveries using self-imported decals, and had hoped that they would've been carried over and be made available once the 1.06 update came around. That, unfortunately, did not turn out to be the case, so the San decals had to be re-imported to replace the blank spaces they left behind. The 'Denso' logos were also missing upon import, so were replaced with similar ones found in Showcase.

A key change from the original is the removal of driver names from the A/B-pillar, both for a cleaner look and to better reflect the general WRC style I was going for. In GT Sport, I had set the livery to run Enkei Sport RC-T4 rims on 'Road' tyres and the default rims on 'Dirt/Snow' tracks. I had assumed that the ability to automatically change rims depending on tyres would carry over into GT7, but that was not to be the case. While testing the livery on the 'World Rally Challenge' race at Sardegna, the Enkei rims were still fitted, so for now they remain the set wheel design for all compounds.

Both the Yaris and Gr.3 Alfa counterparts will be imported in due course, with further enhancements/updates planned to take advantage of the Livery Editor's newest features.

Link.

Vulcan Venator GT3 R2 Edition

Rounding off this initial batch is the most-recent version of the 'Venator GT3' scheme, which now takes pride of place as my in-game avatar and profile banner vehicle. Like the 86, I had to reimport every 'Vulcan' decal needed for this one, as well as replace a 'Mahle' decal from a player which did not transfer. The process for this was fairly straightforward, though I did run into a number of glitches on both liveries which forced me to start again from the original imported designs.

On closer inspection, there was also a jagged edge on the 'split wing' outlines (light green) which needed fixing, so this has been rectified on the GT7 version as well. Otherwise, the 'R2 Edition' remains almost identical to that which was shared and raced on GT Sport last month, right down to the polished W1 Liquid Metallic rims.

Link.

Last edited:
"Buttercup"

Technically my first made-for-GT7 livery, a test design based on the ferocious and shockingly capable Focus RS. Also the first to be shared with aero parts, a re-imported '92' decal first trialled on an interim GR Yaris design, and the first to enable editing by other players.

Primarily made so that my fully-tuned Focus could stand out in single-player and Deep Forest Daily B races, and to practice making different stripe patterns in the updated Livery Editor. Base paint is one of the authentic Ford factory colours, 'Grabber Lime'.

Link.

Last edited:
Hotel Bellevue G70 GR4

Here we have my first "proper" GT7 design, which takes the Hotel Bellevue fantasy brand and uses it as a base for a two-tone purple and silver scheme. For the silver, I bought and applied W2 Liquid Metallic as the main body base, with the same paint also being used for the wing mirrors and wheels. I've used the Hotel Bellevue 'brand' before in GT Sport for a couple of WTCC-inspired BMW designs (which you can see in the spoiler tag below), but felt it would equally suit the classy and sophisticated ethos of the Genesis brand well.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190327162256.pngGran Turismo™SPORT_20190327162333.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190207165813.png

The first area I focused on was around the front, where the idea was to use the metallic base to draw attention to the split headlights and crest grille in a subtle and dynamic way. Everything else after that was a case of trial-and-error, with several patterns being experimented with for the sides, roof and bonnet. In the end, I felt that a simple, clean two-tone pattern would work nicely enough, with the only colour intersections happening at the otherwise plain-looking rear end.

During this process, I somehow figured out how to get the top elements parallel to the G70's crease lines, and this made for a nice sheen effect that essentially helped pick out those creases under certain lighting conditions. The same thing was also trialled on and adopted for the lower sills when I wasn't able to fill that entire area cleanly.

There were other elements which also got replaced or discarded at various stages during the design process, such as a W1 Liquid Metallic base (which I eventually thought was too bright) and OZ centre-lock wheels which were later swapped out for BBS ones to match the original G70 GR4 sponsor. The reason why I used center-locks rather than the five-nuts found on other Gr.4 liveries is that the G70 looks and performs like a close equivalent to the NGTC-spec vehicles currently used in the British Touring Car Championship. The NGTC spec also uses centre-lock rims (albeit at a smaller diameter and of a different spoke design), hence I felt that the performance I've been getting out of the car in the GT Cup Brands GP race was similar enough to warrant this design detail.

Previously, I've expressed interest in signing up for Genesis for the forthcoming Manufacturers Series, so I do have plans to make a second Hotel Bellevue livery for them once I acquire the Motor X GR3 car. On the whole, I'm impressed with the Gr.4 G70 so far and it has become one of my favourite new additions to the GT7 vehicle line-up. The only real downsides are the high base weight and the fact that you cannot apply too much power to compensate under certain PP restrictions, but the trade-off is that the car feels incredibly stable and anchored through corners just like what you'd expect from a 4WD/AWD machine. It is certainly good enough to dominate the Brands GT Cup race in single-player modes, and feels very much like a bigger and more stately WRX or Atenza in character.

Links:
Hotel Bellevue G70 GR4 (GT7).
Hotel Bellevue Team BMW (GT Sport).
Hotel Bellevuew Team BMW 2.0 (GT Sport).

Last edited:
Hotel Bellevue Genesis X

It's official... I've signed with Genesis for the 2022 Manufacturers Cup test season, and so have prepared a second two-tone 'Hotel Bellevue' livery for the X GR3. This maintains the two-tone idea adopted for the G70 but with an inverted palette for the main body (purple lower half, W2 Liquid Metallic upper half) and a few different sponsor logo placements and applications. One of the ideas I had in my head was for an all-over purple, but ultimately I wanted to keep the two-tone theme going as that worked well on the G70.

Though fairly compact, the X stands out as one of the more imposing Gr.3 cars around with its notchback silhouette, mix of sharp and flowing lines and the narrow horizontal light strips. The main rule I set myself was to not let the purple go over the top front three-quarter lights in order to present a good balance between the metallic and non-metallic layers. It also has the effect of drawing attention directly to the front light strips which are as outlandish as you can get on a pseudo-GT3-spec machine. At first, I was going to leave the "bonnet" (I will explain shortly why I've put that in quotation marks) all-silver, but eventually made some custom elements extending into the top-front ducts to make that area less plain. These remind me somewhat of headlights from something like an old Aston Martin or Ferrari, which kind of complements the Mercedes/Bentley vibes I've been getting from the X's overall shape and detailing.

As I've mentioned in the main GT7 livery thread, the Genesis X has a few design features which makes decal applications on it quite unusual compared to most other Gr.3 vehicles. One of these is the "bonnet", which according to the Livery Editor does not form the "bonnet" section, but instead is part of the main body. Additionally, the mesh/grille in the centre acts as a unique intake and thus cannot have stripes of a certain size applied directly over it. So, what I did fairly early on was to apply a black stripe of similar width over the roof and "bootlid" panels, in effect giving the illusion of a continuous Aston-type stripe extending from the front Genesis badge. Regular purple shapes and twin stripes were applied for contrast.

For the record, the actual in-game "bonnet" (Body 2) only comprises of the front and side dive planes, which I again left in silver for contrast and to draw attention to the metallic shade. Most of the lower body/aero (adjustable in "Other") was eventually made black as I felt it looked bolder than the default unpainted carbon finish.

During the process, several ideas were trialled for the rear-end treatment. This was initially to be centred around the oval-shaped panel, which I covered with purple shapes and interpreted as a 'gemstone' motif. The intention was to keep most of the main body in that area silver, with the purple sections being continuously adjusted to the point that they would curve downwards to line up with the top edge of the diffuser. The larger purple elements on the front and sides would have continued up to the rear wheels, but part of me thought that this would make the Genesis X look a little top-heavy and cumbersome from some front three-quarter angles. Thus, that part of the design was changed to have the purple curve upwards and over the rear wheel arches, thus lining up closely with the shoulder creases. The rear was also made entirely purple, which lead to plenty of changes for the decals already assigned to take up that area.

On a future revision, I feel I could do with making the kink element start around the area beneath the B-pillars, but I'm equally happy with how it looks from the rear three-quarters.

The other main difference over the G70 GR4 variant is the type and placement of the 'Hotel Bellevue' logos in use. After spending some time playing around with the purple/grey types, I thought I might as well try a slightly different aesthetic with the plain white logos on the purple elements. On the doors and bodysides, this involved placing the 'Big B' logos in such a way that the text was completely hidden; the stacked 'Hotel Bellevue' texts are another default logo design with the smaller 'B' from these disguised by purple shapes. This technique I also used to show both the logo and text on the rear panel, as well as to perform similar tricks on the bonnet, roof and bootlid of the G70.

Overall, this was a trickier and more complex design to complete than the other 'Hotel Bellevue' scheme I recently made, but I feel that the inverted colour palette - along with the centre intake and matching black stripe - makes the Genesis X GR3 variant even more striking. It certainly looks the part in Scapes which show off the shiny W2 Liquid Metallic finish, and I very much think it emphasises the concept's elegance and dynamism which is somewhat masked by the intersecting lines of the default bronze-based scheme. With this, the G70 and a matching suit all finished and shared, I can go into the test season with a touch of class and plenty of optimism about what to expect from Genesis in the coming year...

Links:
Hotel Bellevue Genesis X (Gr.3 Car).
Hotel Bellevue (suit).

Last edited:
GT Sport Imports - Volume 2:

Vulcan Morrisons BTCC 2020 2.1

Updated with new in-game 'Prodrive' decals replacing the ones previously sourced from Discover. The opportunity was also taken to resize and reposition the 'Vulcan' logos on the roof as I felt that the ones on 2.0 were comically oversized. Currently my most popular car livery out of the ones shared on GT7, which I think could be a result of the Atenza being the Gr.4 car to go to right now.

Livery Editor screenshots:

Also available is the matching Vulcan Morrisons BTCC suit, designed for the Alpinestars No.2 suit (unlocked at Collector Level 18):

419fd31e1b6bf40f3cc2286c499cd9a7_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Link (Car Style).
Link (Suit).

Team Apollo

No changes required for this Robot Wars-inspired replica. Already have plans to import the Eruption, Carbide and X-Terminator schemes as well along with making a brand-new replica based on one of the show's earlier competitors. Watch this space.

Link.

Nausicaä Team Toyota GR 1.7

At first glance, this version looks almost identical to 1.5 other than a few replacement/resized 'Denso' decals. However, more noticeable changes have been made to the right-hand side pod after I discovered that the shapes forming part of the gunship window frame didn't look right in the Livery Editor. When viewed close-up, said shapes looked more jagged and pixelated than I remember them being in GT Sport, so this area needed remedial work in order to make the transition look a little more presentable. The shading on the 'frame' - initially meant to create a different shadow effect - has also been adjusted to better match that on the corresponding character decal.

Link.

GT Sport Imports - Volume 3:

Team Carbide 2021

Imported largely as-is from GT Sport aside from a minor alignment adjustment to the bonnet logo decal.

Link.

Team Eruption

First import with custom decals already preloaded thanks to Polyphony transferring them over during my short break away. Pleased to say that no changes were required on this one.

Link.

These uploads coincided with me enjoying a massive robot combat fix over the past month, fuelled mainly by the UK airings of BattleBots 2018 and the arrival of Mech+. If you don't know what Mech+ is, it's a brand-new streaming service offering every single episode of the original UK Robot Wars to stream, for free, all digitally restored in HD. There are other things on there too such as the spin-off show Techno Games, but at the minute most of their focus is on adding new bits of Robot Wars content, including a behind-the-scenes series which has largely been considered lost media until now. If you're a Robot Wars fan and want to relive the classic series all again in glorious HD, Mech+ has got you covered.

Won't say much about what's coming next, other than this...

Don't panic. ;)

Panic Attack 2J

If you're familiar with the original run of Robot Wars, Panic Attack is one of those competitors which needs no introduction. Armed with a set of electric lifting forks, the Welsh machine immediately made a name for itself by winning the overall UK Championship on its debut in Series 2. One of the series' longest-competing All-Stars, Panic Attack would go on to reach the Semi-Finals of Series 3, 4 and 5, picking up a total of 28 combat wins through to its final appearance in Series 7. Much of that was down to the robot's reliability and the driving skills of its builder Kim Davies, who over time would develop a signature tactic where Panic Attack would often use its forks to lift, carry and drop opponents into the pit.

Out of the suggestions I received for additional Robot Wars-themed liveries, a design for Panic Attack was among them - and with good reason. The first problem was that someone else had already created a similarly-themed design in GT Sport, so at the time I didn't want to work on a livery that looked too similar to that. The second problem was finding a suitable vehicle which was compact, low and angular enough to match Panic Attack's wedged box shape. At first, my main rule was to limit my selection to '90s JDM cars in keeping with the theme set with the reboot-based liveries. Then, I got the chance to drive - and win - the Chaparral 2J in Mission Challenge. Everything clicked after that.

Even though GT Auto doesn't let you add the forks, the 2J's shape was still an almost perfect match for Panic Attack. Better still, it turned out that the area covering the aluminium mid-section is editable alongside the body and mirrors, so getting all areas in the same yellow base wouldn't be a problem. So, this was the end result when I eventually started work on it a few days ago.

Aside from the Welsh flags and SVG logos (themselves made by myself in Photoshop), everything you see here has been replicated purely using in-game shapes. The hazard stripes, the eyes, the cartoon spider mascot of the Series 3-5 and Extreme versions. All of those are here and present, with some differences to account for the 2J's shape. The overall detailing is largely based on Panic Attack's appearance in Extreme 2 (see photo above), though at one point I had intended to make the front 'chevron' blockier as a homage to the patterns used by Series 5/Extreme 1 version.

Behind the front intake, additional black panels and stripes were also placed to represent the linear actuator mechanism for the robot's forks. The first screenshot below better shows off the 'eyes' which comprise of a variety of smaller shapes. The second shows one of the custom SVGs used for the 'Panic Attack' logo. These were made using a font ('Joost') similar to that applied to the real robot, with the text converted to shapes in Photoshop and the proportions adjusted accordingly. At some point, I had the idea to place a thin light grey stripe above the side hazard stripes, replicating the hinges for the side skirts found on the Series 4-7 versions.

The only major issue I experienced was discovered shortly after preparing and sharing the original version. The top-rear chevron on the auxiliary engine cover (in actuality made from overlapping black and yellow triangle shapes) was found to be wonky, so that layer was redone using another copy of that shape. Version '1.1' was released containing that fix, which can be made clear by comparing this Scape below with the later version featured at the top of this post.

Rounding off this post with extra side and top-down views from the Livery Editor. Honestly, I couldn't believe how amazing this livery looked in the GT Auto menus as it began to take shape.

Out of all the Robot Wars liveries I've done so far, this is probably the closest to looking like an actual Robot Wars competitor within the limits of what's possible in GT7. There are plenty of other combat robots out there with a similar wedged box shape - Storm 2, Tornado and BattleBots legend BioHazard - so those could also lend themselves well to a 2J-based scheme should anyone attempt these. Haven't decided on what new-for-GT7 livery I'll create next, so I'll probably refocus on importing more GT Sport designs in the coming weeks.

Link:
Panic Attack 2J 1.1.

GT Sport Imports - Volume 2:

Vulcan Morrisons BTCC 2020 2.1

Updated with new in-game 'Prodrive' decals replacing the ones previously sourced from Discover. The opportunity was also taken to resize and reposition the 'Vulcan' logos on the roof as I felt that the ones on 2.0 were comically oversized. Currently my most popular car livery out of the ones shared on GT7, which I think could be a result of the Atenza being the Gr.4 car to go to right now.

Also available is the matching Vulcan Morrisons BTCC suit, designed for the Alpinestars No.2 suit (unlocked at Collector Level 18):

Link (Car Style).
Link (Suit).

Team Apollo

No changes required for this Robot Wars-inspired replica. Already have plans to import the Eruption, Carbide and X-Terminator schemes as well along with making a brand-new replica based on one of the show's earlier competitors. Watch this space.

Link.

Nausicaä Team Toyota GR 1.7

At first glance, this version looks almost identical to 1.5 other than a few replacement/resized 'Denso' decals. However, more noticeable changes have been made to the right-hand side pod after I discovered that the shapes forming part of the gunship window frame didn't look right in the Livery Editor. When viewed close-up, said shapes looked more jagged and pixelated than I remember them being in GT Sport, so this area needed remedial work in order to make the transition look a little more presentable. The shading on the 'frame' - initially meant to create a different shadow effect - has also been adjusted to better match that on the corresponding character decal.

Link.
Nice to see another Morrisons Atenza Gr.4! I thought I was being original, haha! Very nicely done though, yours is quality!

Back