VW Golf V GTi '05 stock tranny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leonidae
  • 9 comments
  • 936 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidae

(Banned)
Messages
6,881
Messages
GTP_Leonidae_MFT
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but '05 GTi's stock gearbox has a glitch: 4th and 5th gear are equal.. I tried the search function but didn't find anything about it. annoying thing, luckily it can be fixed with fully customizable gearbox. PD and Kazunori Yamauchi, Get.. A.. Grip. :irked: :mad:
 
You're going to get this locked quite soon, it has been discussed so many times...
 
I'd be interested in the words you used to search. I did a search with "golf gearbox" and came up with the desired result immediately. Took me less than a minute!
 
merf.. thanks.. now, another problem involving original Golf GTi from '76.. for some reason, I can not do free runs on any track with it. any ideas why is that?
 
Leonidae
merf.. thanks.. now, another problem involving original Golf GTi from '76.. for some reason, I can not do free runs on any track with it. any ideas why is that?
:odd: What happens when you try? I'm doing it all the time...
 
well, it looks like it would be running on b-spec mode, but when the start comes, the throttle goes off and then the car stalls. happened on many tracks. then I tried to put B-spec on first and then try normal run and it worked well after that.. but i wonder why didn't it let it run first normally and then on b-spec?
 
I went to the effort of tracking down the correct factory gear box ratios for the '05 Golf GTi, you can find them in this thread in the settings forum :)
 
or this one.

Golf GTI gearing

The issue is not one of GT4, but rather that the gear ratios for 4th and 5th are quite close in the real car, and at the speeds we would be talking about the difference in gearing between 4th and 5th will feel minimal.


Regards

Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back