VW Jetta's?!?

• Thread starter JeTTaJaY
  • 15 comments
does any1 know if there is any VW Jetta's in the game? I love VW's. I own a 92' VW jetta and its great so if anyone can tell me if there are any jetta's???

No Jettas. As you know, there's the Beetle, Golf (turbo!), and Lupo. That's it.

My last car was a '91 Jetta Carat, 5MT. Loved it, it had the close ratio trans with long 2nd gear, a very nice transmission. How do you like yours?

Get an Audi A4/S4....there's your Jetta with 4 nifty rings on the front!

The A4 is much closer to the Passat, especially since it has 4WD. The Passat is the only VW with 4WD for the moment. There are some other euro and Japanese cars that are close to the Jetta, but I know some of us still want it. I was really excited to buy a used VW as my first car when GT2 first came out, and you can imagine how dissapointed I was!

:( :( :(
Ah yes, the sorrow of no Jettas in GT2. I know I love my Jetta, & it looks like I've got some company in being totally bummed that it wasn't included....

Actually, because of the dynamics of the notchback vs the hatchback, the Jetta actually has slightly superior handling. The notchback design gives it higher body straength, resisting flex and torsion a bit more than the hatchback.

Originally posted by B Campbell
Actually, because of the dynamics of the notchback vs the hatchback, the Jetta actually has slightly superior handling. The notchback design gives it higher body straength, resisting flex and torsion a bit more than the hatchback.
hmm ..this is something that i always wondered .....the handling between the jetta and golf .......i guess a jetta Wolfsburg edition would be pretty nice

actually, the Corrado is a bit heavy for it's underpinnings, similar to the MkIII Golfs/Jettas. It wasn't until the latest model that the underworkings of the car really made the weight worth it.

The best handling VW is very likely the Scirocco. It's light and extremely agile. Sciroccos have had lots of success in autocrossing. The new Golf/Jetta/Beetle platform is very ncie too, and time will tell how successful. The NB easily won it's class in SCCA off-road rally in 1999, even though it only entered three events. With the new 180hp Turbo, the euro-spec VR6, and the possibility of the 225hp 1.8t from the TT, we might see some pretty respectable VW's soon, even though they're very different than they were 10 years ago.

Originally posted by B Campbell
actually, the Corrado is a bit heavy for it's underpinnings, similar to the MkIII Golfs/Jettas. It wasn't until the latest model that the underworkings of the car really made the weight worth it.

The best handling VW is very likely the Scirocco. It's light and extremely agile. Sciroccos have had lots of success in autocrossing. The new Golf/Jetta/Beetle platform is very ncie too, and time will tell how successful. The NB easily won it's class in SCCA off-road rally in 1999, even though it only entered three events. With the new 180hp Turbo, the euro-spec VR6, and the possibility of the 225hp 1.8t from the TT, we might see some pretty respectable VW's soon, even though they're very different than they were 10 years ago.
hmm...you're probably right about the scirocco except i don't care for it's looks ....the corrado was the replacement and looks much more appealing to me .......i figured the corrado had better suspension than the scirocco though .......do you know which year the corrado's underpinnings were improved? ...production ended in 95

The Corrado is basically the Jetta/Golf III platform. This means it does have some improvments over the Scirroco, but the S's lighter weight more than makes up for it in the hanlding department. The Corrado is overall more robust because of the engine choices; the G60 or VR6, two engines which essentially 'debuted' on that car (the Passat also had the VR6 for 1990). The Corrado was largely unchanged for it's run, with the exception of the G60 engine becoming more reliable, though electrical problems are common. If you find someone who owns one and hasn't had any problems with the rear spoiler, that's rare.

Even though the MkIII VW's had the Vr6 advantage, they were so heavy that autocrossers still preferred the MkII models, especially the GTi and the Scirocco. Light weight means alot in that kind of racing.

Back