W.M.A. WRC Eiger Nordwand Rallye review

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Welcome to the thread! In this thread, I will gather all reviews of Season 1 of the W.M.A. World Rally Championship. The reviews are sorted in order:

WMAEigerS1_zps0b601ab6.png

The Eiger Nordwand Rallye was the first round of the W.M.A. World Rally Championship. Months of preparations was to finally show what each team was capable of, in the rally to the skies.

But the problems began before the rally, as a job-strike by PD Air caused major problems getting the teams on location. This resulted in the Subaru cars being left at their base, and half the Suzuki team still stuck in Japan.
Although the strike hit France too, Citroën and Peugeot was creative enough to both send only one car and share a truck.

Eventually the rally could start, and it did so on the short Eiger Tarmac stage.

First car on the track was the Mitsubishi by championship favorite Metalgear696. And even though he got off to a good start, he was to face enormous trouble.

Following in his slipstream in the fight for the favorite role is the Peugeot driven by rallymorten. It seemed like he had everything under control and was not too much slower.

The surprise of the day however was the two Toyota Celicas, and they really were the unknown variables. It quickly turned out they were among the fastest of the field, and they both put down very respectable times.

Following a short 5 minute service break, Stage 2 and 3 were on!

Stage 2 was the first time on gravel, on the Eiger G Trial. A stage that is overlooked normally, despite the great challenge this stage is.

Peugeot driver rallymorten was first to find out. The Peugeot team had applied the wrong setup to the car, which almost caused a spin on the downhill section. With lightning reflexes, he managed to save the car and finish the stage.

Stage 3 was the short W Trial, and it would prove difficult for many drivers. Most of all for Ford and Toyota.

The stage was delayed for 30 seconds when Ford driver Spazmaticality had a crash in the final section. He could continue with the SupeRally rules.

Also the latest-founded Toyota team would face problems, but of a completely different kind. Shortly after starting the stage, driver TheYaShoe found Metalgear696's Mitsubishi parked in front of him, which cost him a few second he would later have deducted by the stewards, and the debating about a penalty for Metalgear696 would continue during the rally.

After another 5 minutes of service, it was time for the mighty K Trial, famed and feared for it's dangerous mountain roads.

After the surprise on SS3, Toyota had ordered their drivers to go as fast as possible to try and make up more time. And their driving style speaks for itself.

Peugeot was still suffering problems with their gravel setup, and rallymorten was forced to focus on finishing.

Further down the orders Katiegan was driving a safe rally for Suzuki. She was ordered to finish the rally to gain valueable experience, and as she has done before, she showed consistency like no-one else.

The final 2 stages was reverse runs of the Tarmac and K Trial stages.

Stage 5 seemed to fit the Peugeot. Rallymorten was blisteringly fast on this stage, even though he did complain a bit about understeering.

That allowed the Citroën of HenryT to get closer to the Peugeot, and the battle for 5th was to be decided on the final stage.

On the final stage, Toyota could take home the first victory. Both drivers finished the stage that would also count as Thunder Stage in 1st and 2nd, thus gaining 3 and 2 more points to the team.

But all eyes were on the fight for 5th. The Peugeot had to set a time faster than the Citroën to take it, but, as had it been through all weekend, Peugeot was suffering dearly on gravel, and the 5th place was taken by sister company Citroën.

So the results looked this way:

TheYaShoe (13:47,7)
You gusta (13:48,0)
Metalgear696 (13:55,4)
MrMelancholy15 (14:02,9)
HenryT (14:22,4)
Rallymorten (14:23,7)
Katiegan (14:33,2)
TDZdave (15:11,8)
Spazmaticality (17:19,5)

But the rally had a few surprises to those who thought it was over. It had been known that Metalgear696 would get a penalty for blocking the road, and this was accounted to 30 seconds. But this was not the only decision from the green table: the 2 Toyotas were found using an illegal turbo device. Although the stewards let them off with a warning, the Toyota team was warned that if it happens again, they will be disqualified.

These changes meant the end results changed to:

TheYaShoe (13:47,7)
You gusta (13:48,0)
MrMelancholy15 (14:02,9)
HenryT (14:22,4)
Rallymorten (14:23,7)
Metalgear696 (14:25,4)
Katiegan (14:33,2)
TDZdave (15:11,8)
Spazmaticality (17:19,5)

After a rally with exitement to the final stage, the championship standings are as follows:

Standings drivers:

TheYaShoe: 28
You gusta: 20
MrMelancholy15: 15
HenryT: 12
Rallymorten: 10
Metalgear696: 9
Katiegan: 6
TDZdave: 4
Spazmaticality: 2

Standings constructors:

Toyota: 48
Mitsubishi: 24
Citroën: 12
Peugeot: 10
Suzuki: 6
Ford: 6

Not intentionally at least, I'm just using my best english to try and make a review inspired by the old WRC Magazine tv show (y they no longer transmit WRC (and WRC Magazine) on Eurosport?!?!?!?!)

It was really well written. I guess it is some kind of Canadian slang.

You're a madman, arin'tcha?

Not intentionally at least, I'm just using my best english to try and make a review inspired by the old WRC Magazine tv show (y they no longer transmit WRC (and WRC Magazine) on Eurosport?!?!?!?!)

Disappointing, there.

Still, I like the Trophäe at the top of the page. Schön schweizischer Trophäe. :)

And back to normal stuff; the Celicas were using illegal turbos? I still have a chance? :sly: :lol:

Back