Waffle's Paints (LDP Successor)

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Hey everyone. Welcome to the first post of Waffle's Paints, the successor to my old Livery Dump Plaza. I wanted to make a new thread with a focus on unique visual presentation and an emphasis on improved livery quality. This is what I would consider the third evolution of my livery-making technique. This thread is something I want to use to experiment before GT7, and once that's released expand it into the next generation.

In each post, I'll have several preview images of my new liveries, each with a pop-art style of presentation using bold colour and some facts or slogans about each particular vehicle. The post's title will now contain the link. Without further ado, let's get started.

Audi R8 LMS - FactoryFade

Named after the fading technique used to blend the distinct tri-colour of Audi's classic livery, the FactoryFade livery is a modernization of past elements with inspiration taken from IMSA. However, the IMSA-style decals have been fictionalized for GT Sport's Gr.3 class.

FACTORYFADE_1.png

FACTORYFADE_2.png

FACTORYFADE_3.png

FACTORYFADE_4.png

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R Gr.4 - GT-RTR

Here's the second livery I made to coincide with this thread launch. It's the Ready-To-Race Nissan GT-R Gr.4. This livery is defined by ultra-simplistic yet effective decals. This would be a great base for a cup car or the sort.

The graphics on the preview images are just a sort of WIP thing. I'm trying to get better at making them, but it would be good to know if those are distracting or you're enjoying them. Let me know what you think if you have an opinion either way. They're kind of loud and obnoxious, but that's kind of what I'm going for.

GT-RTR_1.png

GT-RTR_2.png

GT-RTR_3.png

Last edited:

In the leadup to this thread's posting, this was probably my favourite livery that I've made. I took inspiration from a slightly-older DHL livery I made and upped the pop-art factor by quite a bit. This is probably the best design I've come up with so far to feature a logo with multiple colour variations used in conjunction with one another.

One thing you might have noticed is there's no red on this livery anywhere. That might seem odd because of DHL's association with red and yellow, but I decided to do away with red as a matter of personal taste. Plus, the other two liveries that I've posted here already both used red, so I decided this would be a fresh look if it just had yellow.

DHL_x3_1.png

DHL_x3_2.png

DHL_x3_4.png

DHL_x3_3.png

Back