Waiting for any DLC/Updates news like for the final game!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kazuyam
  • 24 comments
  • 2,148 views
Messages
302
Messages
kazuyam
Really, I'm awaiting any upcoming updates or DLCs for this game, as if it would be like a whole game release. Feeling hyped as well.
Currently the game disc has been removed from the PS3 for the first time since launch in favour of older games I played months ago. In other words, I'm bored with GT5 and its imperfection and inconsistancy in almost every aspect.

GT5 feels in to many ways like the once announced and then canceled GT HD.

That's why there is so much hope in DLC, even though that Kaz hasn't been clear on this point in the past.

So, still waiting for the real GT experience. I have my doubts about it, but hope never dies.
 
Exact same feelings.When GT5 came out I think "At last - wait is over".And now I waiting for patch like I wait for the game or big news...
 
Same here, I'm sick to death of grinding endurance events over and over in both A-Spec and B-Spec to reach the next level and live in hope that an update or even paid for DLC will arrive with more events or even special events. I don't understand why PD don't just tell everyone if they have things in the pipeline or if any future updates will be minor only.
 
I feel the same way but after 1.05 I decided to just move on and the updates so far have definitely improved a lot.
 
Please, I am tired of hearing people complain about the game. No one is forcing you to play it. If you are in a position where you think you are stuck at a particular level and your only salvation is to grind, you are clearly not utilizing the game to it's full potential.

I am level 27 and I have not done a shred of grinding and I have plenty of events to keep me occupied. All of you people that complain that you have play the game like it's work need to go back to NFS.
 
Please, I am tired of hearing people complain about the game. No one is forcing you to play it. If you are in a position where you think you are stuck at a particular level and your only salvation is to grind, you are clearly not utilizing the game to it's full potential.

I am level 27 and I have not done a shred of grinding and I have plenty of events to keep me occupied. All of you people that complain that you have play the game like it's work need to go back to NFS.

If you're tired of hearing complaints about the game, don't read the threads. Simples. :)
 
Please, I am tired of hearing people complain about the game. No one is forcing you to play it. If you are in a position where you think you are stuck at a particular level and your only salvation is to grind, you are clearly not utilizing the game to it's full potential.

I am level 27 and I have not done a shred of grinding and I have plenty of events to keep me occupied. All of you people that complain that you have play the game like it's work need to go back to NFS.

Well I'm level 30 (almost 31) A-Spec and 29 B-Spec and I've done plenty of grinding. All I have left at this level is the Seb Vettel challenge which is proving to be a nightmare using a DS3, every other event has been done and done again, over and over and over.....
 
I haven't quit playing yet. At lvl 25a and 21b, but I do hope we get a ton more stuff to do with DLC or updates or whatever. I'm not at the end, but I can see it from here.
 
I am level 27 and I have not done a shred of grinding and I have plenty of events to keep me occupied.
But you do not need to grind at level 27, the grinding awaits you.
 
How did you get to lvl 27 without grinding? I am lvl 25 and have been at the grind since probably lvl 19
 
If you're tired of hearing complaints about the game, don't read the threads. Simples. :)

Nothing the OP has said is actually new, there's plenty of threads about DLC and complaining about the game, a new thread shouldn't have been created.

You have to read the thread to see if the OP has come up with anything new - 99% of the time that isn't the case, but you don't know this until you have actually read the thread / post.

But you do not need to grind at level 27, the grinding awaits you.

Yes, wait until you get to level 30+ where it takes 2,000,000 points to move up a level. Also, as mentioned in the many grinding threads that exist, different people grind for different reasons.
 
How did you get to lvl 27 without grinding? I am lvl 25 and have been at the grind since probably lvl 19

If you're grinding since then you're doing something wrong. Have you won the Special Events? Are you winning races or simply podiuming? Played any of the seasonal events?
 
How did you get to lvl 27 without grinding? I am lvl 25 and have been at the grind since probably lvl 19
Aspec or Bspec ? You can get to about level 35 Aspec without grinding if you can gold Vettel, otherwise level 30+. Bspec grinding starts much earlier though it does not get bad until after level 30.
 
Oh, if NFS would offer 1000+ street cars with some decent realistic physics, being a little more down to earth, I would buy it and .
GT3 was fun for me because I was new to the series, but GT4 and GT5 doesn't offer anything breath taking innovative, at all. Maybe the physics.

Oh ho, 'grinding levels fun, fun'. Sure, right. Grinding levels doesn't change horrible PS2 quality track textures!!!
 
Is DLC only for payments or could it be for free?
 
I'm back to playing NHL2011 :/ Doing some online race everyday tho but nothing excited me much in the game apart form the fun online races. Trying tune from tuning forum and racing online is the only stuff I do atm on GT5.
 
Same here.

Honestly, its just the same few tracks with the same few cars (and unfortunately the Midget can't be used in any enduro races...) I actually haven't played GT5 in about 2 weeks.. been watching movies on Netflix instead. At least its more entertaining!
 
I made it to level 27 A-Spec with a minimal amount of grinding. I had to do some grinding to get enough credits for the FGT and that's about it. I have done some events over again, but mainly for the fun of using a different car, not just to grind.

I am about done playing the game at this point, however. Hopefully some more fun events will be released from either an update or seasonal events. Right now I am waiting for my Fanatec GT2 to show up so I can play Forza 3 with a decent wheel for the first time. That will keep me busy for a while - I am only ~30% done with F3.
 
Please, I am tired of hearing people complain about the game. No one is forcing you to play it. If you are in a position where you think you are stuck at a particular level and your only salvation is to grind, you are clearly not utilizing the game to it's full potential.

I am level 27 and I have not done a shred of grinding and I have plenty of events to keep me occupied. All of you people that complain that you have play the game like it's work need to go back to NFS.

So what is the purpose of this forum? I don't recall ever logging onto the forum where I was advised that I could only post positive things about GT5. You enjoy it, good for you and I am glad you have utilized it "to its full potential". Others don't see it that way. So essentially until you make your own site and forum, you will have to deal with other GT5 users venting about aspects they don't like about the game (it is far from perfection - if it was perfect, then Kaz would not be making updates for the game). Or, using your own words, "no one is forcing you" to read these posts.
 
Funny how such threads about the many flaws of GT5, mine included, here always ends up with someone saying 'stop whining' and the others 'stop complaining about others whining'.

This game has not reached its expectation by far and thus is a failure, full stop.
 
Certainly agree with the comments on here and I shall use my friends as an example.

All of my friends purchased a PS3 only for GT5 and yet only one of my friends is currently playing GT5 and the others are now playing other games. The fact is they are bored. All of them can't find the motivation to do the endurance events and its the same with B Spec.

Here is my list of why GT5 is such a cock up.

1. Not enough A Spec events.
2. As we're unable to save during endurance races many are reluctant to keep their PS3s on for days.
3. B Spec is boring.
4. No A Spec leaderboards. If you had leaderboards for A Spec events you would have greater motivation to re-run events. A friends leaderboard would of been great too.
5 No online matchmaking like GT5P.
6. No time trial leaderboards except seasonal events but their is only 4!
7 Removing standand/pro physics. This is a problem for my friends who don't own wheels because they can't be competitive on the time trials. This wasn't the case on GT5P because of the standard leaderboards.

There is alot more but the above are my main gripes.

Have to be honest if GT5P had recieved updates i.e tracks, cars you would of had a better game in my opinion. Everything that made GT5P great has been removed from GT5. Really cannot understand what PD have been doing these past 5yrs. I do wonder whether Kaz always away from the office due to this racing antics has harmed the development of GT5.

I forgot to add that the amount of credits you recieve is imbalanced. Im currently at level 35 and have golded everything including the Vettel challenge. I discovered to get to level 40 will require me to run the 24hr endurance events 12 times!
 
At least we have an idea of what the first DLCs will be:

1. BMW Series 1
2. 2010 Pebble Beach GT Award Winner
3. 2010 SEMA GT Award winner
4. Eiger Long/Full/whatever
5. Pike's Peak Hill Climb
6. Spa
7. Several Standard cars being turned into Premiums.

And those are just the things we've heard about.
 
Last edited:
I still cannot for the life of me figure out why there aren't leaderboards for all the tracks like there was in GT5P. It makes NO SENSE whatsoever to downgrade the game like that. For myself, and I suspect many others, having a full suite of leaderboards would give this game MUCH more longevity.

In my mind, any game designer who makes a decision like that for a game like this has no clue what he's doing. No clue whatsoever.
 
The PS3 is not the 360 and GT5 is not Forza. It's probably not as easy to design and implement a leader board for every track. The main probably would be to look at sorting things. Also, some people have tuned cars and some are stock. There's got to be a way to sort those, as well. And there are 1042 cars in the game. I think when they implement the PP system again, that would be a good time to put up a more thorough leaderboard system. But then it would probably only in Arcade mode.
 
Back