Wales Rally: Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by PJTierney, Jul 16, 2019.

1. PJTierney

PJTierney

Full story: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/07/wales-rally-available-now-in-dirt-rally-2-0/

Wales Rally is available as part of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition, the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack and as standalone DLC on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam via the links below. Deluxe Content owners also have access to every other car and location released in Seasons 1 and 2, as well as regular in-game Credit bonuses, exclusive liveries and special Events.

DR2_Wales (1).jpg

DR2_Wales (2).jpg

DR2_Wales (3).jpg

DR2_Wales (4).jpg

DR2_Wales (5).jpg

DR2_Wales (6).jpg

DR2_Wales (7).jpg

DR2_Wales (8).jpg

DR2_Wales (9).jpg

2. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Can't wait to give this a go later, looks great. I think I'll first try it in my Group A Impreza.

MidnightRush, kembro and Canucks_9419 like this.
  3. Nielsen

Nielsen

Strange how there are certain replay angles in Wales where car audio disappears.

Anyway, good to have these stages back.

manofsteel likes this.
  4. MidnightRush

MidnightRush

Good to see Wales come back. It looks better than ever, and very challenging. To me It's like Monaro, but with faster and similar unforgiving off-camber turns but fun to run.

5. andrew84555

andrew84555

These stages are great, good fun with the new DR2 physics model. Any chance of Greece and Finland too?

Nielsen likes this.
  6. manofsteel

manofsteel

Yes, thanks for mentioning that - I noticed it as well while I was recording and editing a video for my YouTube channel last night. I thought it was a problem at my end, and went into the audio settings changing stuff. Glad it isn't just me. Only in replay mode though.

Nielsen likes this.
  7. Markano97

Markano97

The stages are great fun!! I've also noticed another bug. Sometimes on some sections the car leaves no dirt smoke behind. Is it just me?

MidnightRush and Nielsen like this.
  8. beyond72

beyond72

kembro and Dairyworker like this.
  9. Nielsen

Nielsen

I’ve noticed that issue too at times.

10. Billybops

Billybops

Loving Wales. Hopefully Greece and Finland to follow but not holding my breath.

kembro and beyond72 like this.
  11. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Is Wales the same stages as Dirt Rally 1?

12. Nielsen

Nielsen

Exactly the same stages but now there are enhanced graphics and surface degradation.

Billybops likes this.
  13. kembro

kembro

I reckon they've done an awesome job with Wales. Yes Sweet Lamb is still Sweet Lamb, the stage/road hasn't changed, but the quality of the simulation has. The 911sc in the rain was a great introduction. All about survival over speed.

14. Groundfish

Groundfish

Man I just ran the weekly last night for h3 rwd.
    Wales is fantastic!
    Surface degradation makes such a huge difference. Clean and smoother is much much easier to push.
    I was high 1400 leaderboard after stage 1, and at finish I picked up over 800 spots.
    The camber here, the rain, the gates, the ledges, the trees, really engrossing!
    I like that it captures that rally requires survival.
    Staying on course does pay.
    I’m glad I’ve been training my staff also now they can do minor repairs more quickly.
    That Lancia will really teach you to keep inputs at a minimum.
    I think this is my favorite so far.
    I haven’t tried Germany yet, but it’s going to have a tough time rivaling Spain.
    This
    game
    Is
    fantastic

kembro, Dairyworker and GTMajarcus like this.
  15. PJTierney

PJTierney

kembro and Canucks_9419 like this.
  16. Groundfish

Groundfish

Man that’s a badass run!

One spot there got me in the weekly (just plodding along sole goal staying on course)
    It’s at around the 5:20 mark in your run.
    There’s five right into four right so easy to run wide there...

The sounds...fantastic!

17. Nielsen

Nielsen

I’d also like to stress that Wales in DR2 can finally be driven the way it always deserved to be driven. I have frustrating memories of trying to tame the tight forest sections of Wales in DR1, as the physics felt somewhat insufficient for taking full advantage of rally car handling. Not a problem anymore with DR2 physics, fortunately.

Overall it’s great - only thing missing with these returning locations is a completely new stage on top of the old ones.

kembro likes this.
  18. Roots57

Roots57

I also noticed the audio bugs, hopefully a patch will fix this. The other audio issue I came across was extremely muted car sounds during a few stage starts. I drive in cockpit or hood view and had to reload the stage to fix this. Otherwise, these are the most enjoyable stages in the game so far imo. Had some great fun with the '95 Group A Impreza. That car is perfect for prancing thru the jumpy bits!