Wales Rally: Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 17 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney

Full story: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/07/wales-rally-available-now-in-dirt-rally-2-0/

Wales Rally is available as part of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition, the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack and as standalone DLC on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam via the links below. Deluxe Content owners also have access to every other car and location released in Seasons 1 and 2, as well as regular in-game Credit bonuses, exclusive liveries and special Events.

DR2_Wales (1).jpg

DR2_Wales (2).jpg

DR2_Wales (3).jpg

DR2_Wales (4).jpg

DR2_Wales (5).jpg

DR2_Wales (6).jpg

DR2_Wales (7).jpg

DR2_Wales (8).jpg

DR2_Wales (9).jpg

Good to see Wales come back. It looks better than ever, and very challenging. To me It's like Monaro, but with faster and similar unforgiving off-camber turns but fun to run.

Strange how there are certain replay angles in Wales where car audio disappears.

Anyway, good to have these stages back.

Yes, thanks for mentioning that - I noticed it as well while I was recording and editing a video for my YouTube channel last night. I thought it was a problem at my end, and went into the audio settings changing stuff. Glad it isn't just me. Only in replay mode though.

Man I just ran the weekly last night for h3 rwd.
Wales is fantastic!
Surface degradation makes such a huge difference. Clean and smoother is much much easier to push.
I was high 1400 leaderboard after stage 1, and at finish I picked up over 800 spots.
The camber here, the rain, the gates, the ledges, the trees, really engrossing!
I like that it captures that rally requires survival.
Staying on course does pay.
I’m glad I’ve been training my staff also now they can do minor repairs more quickly.
That Lancia will really teach you to keep inputs at a minimum.
I think this is my favorite so far.
I haven’t tried Germany yet, but it’s going to have a tough time rivaling Spain.
This
game
Is
fantastic

Man that’s a badass run!

One spot there got me in the weekly (just plodding along sole goal staying on course)
It’s at around the 5:20 mark in your run.
There’s five right into four right so easy to run wide there...

The sounds...fantastic!

I’d also like to stress that Wales in DR2 can finally be driven the way it always deserved to be driven. I have frustrating memories of trying to tame the tight forest sections of Wales in DR1, as the physics felt somewhat insufficient for taking full advantage of rally car handling. Not a problem anymore with DR2 physics, fortunately.

Overall it’s great - only thing missing with these returning locations is a completely new stage on top of the old ones.

I also noticed the audio bugs, hopefully a patch will fix this. The other audio issue I came across was extremely muted car sounds during a few stage starts. I drive in cockpit or hood view and had to reload the stage to fix this. Otherwise, these are the most enjoyable stages in the game so far imo. Had some great fun with the '95 Group A Impreza. That car is perfect for prancing thru the jumpy bits!

Back