Wall/Barrier contact penalties, wth??

• Thread starter Robetr
  • 3 comments
Hungary
Hungary
I never quite understood this penalty even existing(maybe its against wallriding?), cause i find it ridiculous that the game punishes you with making a most likely already costly mistake.

Like, i am doing the Spa 1H race, and i go too fast onto pouhon one lap, i understeered onto that weird auto spin green kerb and then slid into the barrier. Ok, big time loss but my P1 is safe, then i get hit with a 5 sec penalty.

Or when someone sends it into the wall at the Chicane of Death and they get slammed with a pen agter their race was ruined.

When I did my first daily races in GT7, I got constantly shoved in turn 2 in Deep Forest (after the uphill), resulting me in spinning and hitting the wall on the right side after the corner.

Yes, these penalties are ridiculous. If they insist on keeping them, they should still only penalize you if you gain an advantage, something you're likely not to gain ever.

In real life if you hit a wall you lose a lot more than 5 seconds. Maybe some day this will encourage people to drive a little more reasonably.

Back