Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit... banned?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 20 comments
  • 1,698 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,463
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Kind of.

Posters for the film have been banned from displaying the word "rabbit" in Portland, Dorset (UK) - instead saying "Something bunny is going on".

The area was quarried by hand in antiquity and the presence of rabbits would cause the quarrymen to flee until the area had been certified as safe. Their burrowing destabilised the land and many quarrymen were killed by landslides resulting from rabbit burrows.

As a result, the word "rabbit" is never used in Portland - the locals preferring to say "Underground Mutton", or "Furry things".

Be astonished.
 
I'm having rabbit stew for dinner tonight. No joke!
 
DQuaN
I'm having rabbit stew for dinner tonight. No joke!
Waiter, there's a hare in my stew... :sick:
 
Can anyone find me a tumbleweed gif? I'm gonna start using it after Chris' posts from now on :lol:
 
tumbleweed.gif
 
Thank you so much! :lol:
 
Touring Mars
Waiter, there's a hare in my stew... :sick:

:lol: 👎

I wonder if the Portland Rabbit's name is......VOLDEMORT!
 
Touring Mars
Waiter, there's a hare in my stew... :sick:

That's the second one today. Come on, man.
 
The rabbit stew wasn't that nice.
 
DQuaN
The rabbit stew wasn't that nice.
So you weren't exactly lapin it up then?
 
Touring Mars
So you weren't exactly lapin it up then?
:indiff: Use italics for French words, next time.
 
Touring Mars
So you weren't exactly lapin it up then?


The pun is the lowest form of humor.

Which, of course, makes it perfect for this place...
 
Touring Mars
Waiter, there's a hare in my stew... :sick:
Oh come on! Two in one day … :lol:

And Zardoz, isn’t that sarcasm?

Blake
 
I thought this was kind of funny. On the Sponsors bar at the bottom of the page, it said "Turbocharge your Rabbit". I know it's talking about the car of the same name, but it was weird seing that there. :)
 
TM's one liners kick more ass than an angry farmer !
 
Zardoz
The pun is the lowest form of humor.
I thought bathroom humor was the lowest...
  • Automotive-Racing-Based-video-game-forums-talking-about-rabbits humor.
  • Puns and play on words humor
  • Political humor
  • Sexual humor
  • Physical humor
  • Bathroom humor

Yup, still lowest. Good Humor is still the tastiest kind of humor, though.
 
Back