Want Thrustmaster TX SettingsXBOne 

• Thread starter IceMan PJN
  • 4 comments
United States
Ohio
IceManPJN
IceMan PJN
Does anybody playing on One have a Thrustmaster TX (the proper wheel, not the crappy one with no force feedback) that likes their wheel settings and can you post them?

I played a bit here and there when CARS came out but did so on a One controller and just wasn't happy so I bought a TX wheel. I tried it last night by running free practice on a very familiar circuit, Road America, and tried it in the Audi road car to feel out the wheel. When I started the game I did complete all the calibration for full 900 degrees of rotation plus the pedals.

When the car left the pits and I took control, along the straight I started moving the wheel back and forth a bit to get a feel for how much steering input I'd be looking for. It seemed like the car never even started to twitch by so much as a frog's hair until I turned the wheel maybe thirty degrees, and when I got to turn one, not at full speed but at a pretty decent pace, I basically had to go hand-over-hand through full wheel rotation to make the turn, which seemed way wrong.

I have years of real-world driving experience and as an experiment took note of my steering input on my wife's Altima. The amount of steering I needed for turn one at Road America was equivalent to our Altima's maximum steering rotation, which was tight enough to make a continuous complete turn-around at the dead end of our narrow street. That's one steady, non-stop turn, without any reversing for a multi-point turn-around. In CARS, it barely navigated turn one at Road America.

Thusly, I'm afraid my settings are messed up. It might be a result of settings suggested for the One controller. If it stayed with my One controller settings after going to the wheel, I suspect I need to change my dead zones and sensitivity.

I have used a Thrustmaster TX since Pcars was released. I have it calibrated at 900 degrees also. I have not had issues like you have at all. You might be right and need to reset as default on your settings. When the game was first released my wheel would have NO FFB from time to time. But if I unplugged my wheel and plugged it back up it would fix it. I have not had to do this in a very long time. Like most people I have been using Jack of Spades tuning setups for my cars (bump plus for me because I like the heavy wheel). Maybe try to reset your setting and then recalibrate

Like most people I have been using Jack of Spades tuning setups for my cars (bump plus for me because I like the heavy wheel). Maybe try to reset your setting and then recalibrate

I'll have to remember to check into those setups. I've been out of the CARS scene lately while waiting on my wheel and haven't been up to speed on tuning setups.

Regarding resetting the settings, I wanted to do that but must have missed the option.

I think resetting the default is actually in the area you calibrate your wheel. Here is a link from this website that has a android app for the Jack of Spades settings...I just put it on my Droid Tablet. Very easy

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gs-an-android-app.329605/page-2#post-10773851

Also did you plug your TX in a PC to make sure you have the most up to date Firmware?? If you just got it then it should since it has been a while since new Firmware has been released

Also I forgot to mention I have not changed ANY deadzones on my wheel...everything is default

I think resetting the default is actually in the area you calibrate your wheel. Here is a link from this website that has a android app for the Jack of Spades settings...I just put it on my Droid Tablet. Very easy

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gs-an-android-app.329605/page-2#post-10773851

Also did you plug your TX in a PC to make sure you have the most up to date Firmware?? If you just got it then it should since it has been a while since new Firmware has been released

Also I forgot to mention I have not changed ANY deadzones on my wheel...everything is default

I haven't updated the firmware. Not looking forward to unhooking my hardware and setting it back up again but I guess I'm gonna have to. Wish there was a way of updating it through the One without needing to go through my PC to do it.

I did get to reset my settings but had the same trouble. The game depicted my avatar's hands and wheel turning far less than what I was doing in real life. The only way I got them to match was following a suggestion to reduce my steering rotation to 360 degrees. I want it back to 900 but need what I do to match what the game has me doing.

I'll check out that app.

Back