Wanted features?

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finland
Finland
Hello everyone!

I got this idea purely from the details of the latest update, 1.38. Instead of making yet another wishlist for content, I figured it would be worth inquiring for wanted features. Shortly after launch, people were wanting various things, such as car selling. While this was a feature that PD stated would be coming either way, it was nevertheless a welcome addition.

I am not entirely up to speed about various lacking options/features in the game (such as VR, as I'm not an owner of PSVR2) so I would like to hear what you have noticed? I need to hear from you guys as there's no way I'd be able to discover everything on my own.

(Question marks indicate a possible suggestion, rather than a demand for said feature)

• Access to a tuning shop while in event
  • Ability to perform a widebody mod to a car
  • Car selling
  • Ability to buy engines/ultimate tuning parts
  • Quick access to the weather radar in race 1.38 ✔️
  • Ability to restart the single player menu book campaign (multiple game saves)
  • Ability to toggle the UI/HUD layout on fly while racing (without needing to pause)
  • Ability to invert the existing sorting options in garage (e.g. descending PP > ascending PP)
  • Ability to create custom categories in your carage (for sorting cars with full freedom)
  • Ability to save the camera settings for each individual car
  • Greater adjustability for the camera in cockpit view (non-VR, obviously)
  • Bigger leaderboard for single player time trial (currently top 30 displayed)
  • Having a used car with the odometer reading 0 (suggestion by others)
  • Lap counter in VR (also suggested by others)
  • Better sorting for decals in the livery editor
  • Daily goals within the Daily marathon (e.g. "Drive 1,000km to earn 100,000 cr.")
  • Ability to customize the interior of the car (of any degree)
  • Buying parts from the tuning/settings page of a car
  • Skip various animations (Roulette ticket, gift car, collector points)
  • Higher degree of engine swap compatibility
  • Adjusting car tuning despite BoP enforcement
  • Ability to choose mixed compounds during a pitstop
  • Car repaint service (for changing the color of the car without needing to create a livery)
  • Have it so the AI in custom races have different liveries without owning a car per livery
  • Ability to restrict tire compounds in custom races
  • Split times displayed in the HUD
  • Ability to toggle the gear suggestion indicator

Last edited:
Buying parts from the tuning page of a car
Skipping roulette animation
Skipping gift car animation

Higher degree of engine swap compatibility
General freedom of changing setups while taking part on a BoP event to fix a cars handling characteristics
Allowing different tyres for front and rear during a pit stop

Change OEM colours of a car without having to go in and buy a new car of the same colour - or, in a similar vain, change the colour of a car without having to create and save a whole style specifically for the one colour.

Allow Custom Grid AI in Custom Races to use various liveries so you don't have to own 20 of the same car for a spec series etc.
Do this either by allowing us to save and load multiple styles to one car, or by adding a "Load Style from Showroom" feature in the grid selection.

The ability to enforce tyre type in custom races (and for single player races to have a requirement too, not just in race cars).

By obvious extension (technically a known issue rather than a feature request) cars need to maintain the tyres chosen in the settings sheet.

In GT Sport we had the option to show your own personal best split times in the HUD. Bring that back.

Oh, and ban the "Can Can" and "Entertainer" background music forever.

change the colour of a car without having to create and save a whole style specifically for the one colour.
Completely missed this when creating the post, thanks :lol: hasn't really been a huge issue for me, as I'd rather create actual liveries anyway.

• B spec/"management" mode
  • tunes sharing (maybe as a market place where you could buy the tunes for credits, couldalso help pd/sony with the mtx :P)
  • "open world" driving; eg japanese highways, german autobahn, route 66, the outback way etc. (something like the races in nfs porsche where you drive the cars through beautiful environments & from A to B)
  • public (=documented) api for telemetry data
  • "race engineer" who helps you to tune a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back