Warcraft II BNE

• Thread starter Juiposa
  • 4 comments

Juiposa

Premium
Canada
SW Ontario
starboob
This has been frustrating me for some while. I have Vista on my current computer which does not use DOS in any way so, as expected, I cannot use any game that has DOS as an Engine. This only usually applies to games from about 1998 or '97 and back. One game that this happens to be is Warcraft II. I ahve the game, but cannot play it as a result of this problem.

What I need is somewhere I can download the BattleNet Edition which does not run on DOS but the same Engine as Starcraft. I can run Starcraft so I'm assuming I'd be able to run the BNE.

If any of you have any idea of where I can find something like this, have seen one in the past or would be willing to file the share the files of a copy you have that would be awesome.

I have been looking but can't find anything reliable. I can't even find it for purchase to download :S

A game like Warcraft II would not work on a 64-bit machine. Download DOSBox and run it through that. The program emulates the DOS environment and lets you play your old games.

I have the DOSbox and it does work but I cannot maximise it. So I'm stuck playing it on the small command prompt window, which sucks.

Just open the Dosbox.conf file in a text editor such as notepad and change "fullscreen = false" to "fullscreen = true". Save the file and then open DOSBox again. I found this information from here.

Back