I finally got around to upgrading my PS3's HD. Did a full system backup (using the utility in the OS) to an external drive, installed the new drive. Restored from the external, everything appeared to transfer over (including save files). Go to load up GT5...it hangs during the opening splash screens, never getting to the one where you have to it "Ok" when it says "Accessing Game Data."
Figuring that something might've gotten corrupted in the transfer process, I backup my save file to the external drive just in case. I then delete the game's install data. Go to load up the game, and it prompts me for the install. Run through it, and everything appears to be working just fine...my cars and progress were intact. Playing around a bit more, I notice some things didn't quite make the transfer...
-Half my cars lost their thumbnails completely, some weren't accurately showing repaints/wheels. Easily repaired by manually creating thumbnails, just time consuming.
-All of my photos, replays, and created tracks...GONE. Guess these are stored in the install data instead of the save file.'
-My preorder/collectors cars needed to be redownloaded from PSN.
-Also, just noticed that any lap times set in practice mode are also gone.
Just a heads up to anyone who's considering doing a HD upgrade...you may encounter these same issues.
Figuring that something might've gotten corrupted in the transfer process, I backup my save file to the external drive just in case. I then delete the game's install data. Go to load up the game, and it prompts me for the install. Run through it, and everything appears to be working just fine...my cars and progress were intact. Playing around a bit more, I notice some things didn't quite make the transfer...
-Half my cars lost their thumbnails completely, some weren't accurately showing repaints/wheels. Easily repaired by manually creating thumbnails, just time consuming.
-All of my photos, replays, and created tracks...GONE. Guess these are stored in the install data instead of the save file.'
-My preorder/collectors cars needed to be redownloaded from PSN.
-Also, just noticed that any lap times set in practice mode are also gone.
Just a heads up to anyone who's considering doing a HD upgrade...you may encounter these same issues.
Last edited by a moderator: