[WARNING!] Back-Up Your Games

• Thread starter Dark Motor
  • 18 comments
United States
Florida
Dark_Motor
With online services winding down... the likelihood of problems with your game save increases. If something happens to your game, there isn't enough time left for forum members to replace it all. If you don't have a USB Thumb Drive to back up all the hard work, you might want to get one soon. I have 2 just in case one of them fails.

The PS3 backs it up for you everytime you launch the game.
If I simply remove my save game, when I launch the game, It will say "no save game file found, load from backup?" Click yes and you have only lost what you did the last session.
However, if the hard drive crashes you have a problem, but that rarely happens.

I suggest creat new account in the ps3 system . and every time you play and finish make copy to the new account .
becouse some guys dont have money to get usb flash ..

They're like £8 (13.5 USD) now, thats nothing :P

Last edited:
agree . its nothing for us becouse we have work and we get money in the end of day :P
but there is some player need the 13$ for another stuff :)

true, just hoping not to see any more messages like "game data lost, please help," when there's no time left.

agree . its nothing for us becouse we have work and we get money in the end of day :P
but there is some player need the 13$ for another stuff :)
But once you buy it it will lust as long as your PS3.

I use 6 usb drives for my saves as well backed up on computer too. My usb drives are 64gb (£20), 16g (10p) yes 10 pence from email thing, 8gb (7.99), 8gb (£4.99), 2gb (£2.00) and 100mb for free.

My 8gb (£4.99) was bought of ebay and they do even bigger ones for extra £ or so and worth it as got email say about deals when purchased Iphone 4s sim unlocker ;):)

Last edited:
what sized drive do you need and how do you do it?

Any size you want really. The save file is only a few MB.

To save it to your flash drive:
1. Go to the XMB>Game
2. Find Save Data Utility and click on it.
3. Scroll until you find your GT5 save.
4. Press Triangle so the side menu pops up.
5. Copy>USB flash drive.

Done. Easy.

That's right any size will do and it all depends on how many saves you want to put on one your USB.

Those picking up cheap flash memory might want to think twice, data can and does get corrupted on cheap flash drives, stick to trusted brands!

And also be aware that not all brands work ps3 so best to buy well know like kingston or tdk, and you can only do one save for gt5 otherwise will overwrite your files if try do for 2 accounts ;):)

Back