mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Heads up:

MaXKiLLz;886432
I just lost my entire profile when attempting to watch one of my replays from the "Driver Network Profile Highlights". The game crashed when loading the replay with the "Unhandled exception trapped" error many of us are getting. When I restarted the game, my profile was gone. Do not, under any circumstances, watch a replay without first backing up your profile. Mine was located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\16232743\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

Until they fix this bug riddled game, please back up your default.sav file as often as possible.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22318-WARNING-Backup-your-Profiles-immediately!

Better be safe then sorry ;)

Does anyone know where to go in the files on PC to save all your setups and settings? Not hard to find on AC, but so far I haven't found it for PCars.

The complete player profile is stored here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your steam user id>>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

It's all stored in your profile for now. As for setup sharing and multiple setups we're lobbying for that over at WMD.

BTW, pCARS also stores some stuff in your Documents folder.

FFB tweakers go here:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Project CARS\FFB\

The graphics config is here:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml

Last edited:
Can confirm this happened to me as well when cancelling out of an online lobby just as I joined. game froze had to ctrl+alt+del and end task. Just assumed it was because it was my first time playing and it was being written to disk on exit (pc version)

Just going to bump this so our friends over the ocean don't miss out on this warning, as it's tea time over there now whilst i'm off to bed soon :)

Yes, they have to follow both, and yes it's not a small task to sweep up all the bug reports from several forums.

I think it would be good if bug reports could be posted here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?121-PC-Technical-Help-amp-Support

Of course we can report and discuss here on GTP, but if the reports are also posted over there, and perhaps mentioning here that it has been done, that is something which will increase the chances of them reaching the developers.

Bumping this as a reminder for people, turn off shared memory in the GFX options or there is a good chance you lose your progress due a save corruption when trying to watch saved replays.

For gods sake Johnny, you replied in this thread on the 11th of May :D
Didn't you take precautions?
Getting old:ouch: I forgot about it, just wanted to check a replay to see if I could get a better action picture from it. The second the warning flashed with that ominous bell sound I remembered...too late. Wasn't diligent enough with my backups either...will do them every day now...:boggled: Same thing happened on GT6 as well...though with far more progress:irked:

Back