Warning: Failed to join room.

• Thread starter XEPHYR
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
EDIT: I believe I have been able to fix the problem by going into the Network options and clearing the system cache.

For about the past 2 weeks, or so, I've been unable to join any lobby. I have been able to create lobbies, however. Whenever I try to join a lobby, it says "Joining room..." as the loading bar slowly creeps towards about 1/6 of the way through before giving me the warning message that simply says, "Failed to join room." Seasonal events and other online features work without any problem, except for open lobbies. This seems to only happen on my account, as I've tried my brother's account and was able to join with no problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have had the same problem in the opposite way. I contacted PSN, they asked me to reload the game (took several hours because you have to stop the updates once 6 have been downloaded and installed, turn off internet connection, install in game, then go back and do it again) I rebuilt the database, and I am still having the same problem. Every time I try to create a room, it gives me the "!" Failed to Create Room message after 2 mins. I can join rooms, I can take over rooms I join, but I can't make my own room.

Very few people race like I do- clean with no rules more than pp which is usually set 600 or 700. Now I have to deal with all these "rule" people. Street cars, but only the street cars we say are ok. Race cars, but only the race cars we say are ok. Yay rules.

I personally think this is a port problem in the server, perhaps it asks for the wrong port that the game is looking for an answer on. Then the game times it out.

I want to add, this procedure did not work for me. What did happen was that I lost all my saved race videos which I expected, and I also lost all of the car avatars in the garage which I did not expect. I have multiples of my favorite cars tuned for different tracks, and the color of the car was one of the indicators I had to tell cars apart. I've found that if I want to get my avatars back, I have to paint the cars again. I did try washing first, but that didn't work.

The problem is definitely with PSN servers, but just in case it is with my router- I'm going to try setting port forwarding with all the PSN ports TCP/UDP instead of some TCP and some UDP. I also read that PSN was hacked around the same time, although it was a "friendly" hack, it's possible that the reset or changes suggested by the hacking group caused the issue we're experiencing since it started around the same time.

I also lost all of the car avatars in the garage which I did not expect. I have multiples of my favorite cars tuned for different tracks, and the color of the car was one of the indicators I had to tell cars apart. I've found that if I want to get my avatars back, I have to paint the cars again. I did try washing first, but that didn't work.
In the garage car list, select all, then press Update Car Image.

EDIT: I believe I have been able to fix the problem by going into the Network options and clearing the system cache.

For about the past 2 weeks, or so, I've been unable to join any lobby. I have been able to create lobbies, however. Whenever I try to join a lobby, it says "Joining room..." as the loading bar slowly creeps towards about 1/6 of the way through before giving me the warning message that simply says, "Failed to join room." Seasonal events and other online features work without any problem, except for open lobbies. This seems to only happen on my account, as I've tried my brother's account and was able to join with no problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

This exact thing happened to me about the same time. It has affected both accounts I have on my PS3. I rebuilt the database and file system, redid the internet connection and rebooted the router, cleared the cache, and tried 3 different discs I have. None of these things worked. Have you guys figured out what is wrong and how to fix it?

This exact thing happened to me about the same time. It has affected both accounts I have on my PS3. I rebuilt the database and file system, redid the internet connection and rebooted the router, cleared the cache, and tried 3 different discs I have. None of these things worked. Have you guys figured out what is wrong and how to fix it?
Same here and it started 2 weeks ago and still won't let me create a room. I can join someone else's room, but not create one. I've been creating rooms weekly for years prior to that. In case it matters, I have AT&T internet. Help!

Just signed up for this thread. I have a solution!

I was always using my profile comment section exactly like this: ". . .". Because it shows my account offline when i actualy online, I could play fifa, pes, cod, battlefield without my friends knowledge like this.

But it seems, Gran Turismo 6 and Dark Souls doesnt work that way. So i cleared my comment section(or just write anything other than ". . .") and it worked for me!

After all that trouble, i found GT 6 online to be very difficult. Everyone drives like F1 pilots! No mistakes etc. So, back to sunday cup i guess:)

note: i have nat 2 wired connection, very high bandwith. Before this solution, dmz, upnp, portforwarding didnt work for me.

Back