• Thread starter gslooney
  • 14 comments
Scotland
Scotland
gslooney
gslooney
Haven't checked this myself yet!

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8574#comments

also from another user snowowl on the xbox forums..

"
After lengthy conversations I had on Thursday (June 14) with Xbox Support, it is apparent the "current" System Update Version 2.0.15572.0 is what is messing up the behavior of the wheels, whether the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, the Fanatec products (version does not matter) or even the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel. Not all regions have received the update, and it may being withheld now pending investigation of the issues.
Even the Support personnel I spoke with indicated IF you are running Update Version 2.0.15572.0, you can attempt to clear the cache (described here: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache) to remove that build so you can play Forza Motorsport (or any other racing game on the console for which you use a steering wheel) in an offline mode without receiving the Version 2.0.15572.0 Xbox update. If you are in a region where the new Update Version has already been delivered, it may be offered again. Refusal of that update will not allow online usage.
NOTE: In attempting this in various testing, some people were able to successfully remove the update, while others were not - even after numerous attempts and numerous restarts of the console after performing the Cache Maintenance. Reverting to the previous Dashboard 2.0.14719.0 build, or having it currently properly installed, apparently does continue the proper usage of the wheels, including correct Force Feedback avoids the anomalies presented with the new Xbox update.
The attempt to blame third-party providers is very poor, since the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, Fanatec products (all versions), and even the Microsot Wireless Speed Wheel just doesn't go south on its own when Update Version 2.0.15572.0 is installed. Those of us who are running Version 2.0.14719.0 DO NOT HAVE THE ISSUES. Those of us in testing, have the problem when Version 2.0.15572.0 is installed, but NOT with the previous build. Get it? Nothing changed for the wheels, only the System Update in those regions were it was distributed."

Thanks for the heads up...I think somebody already posted about this somewhere in the Sim Racing section. Hopefully they resolve it quickly.

Yea I had the error happen to me, the wheel has literally no force feedback, after a few minutes of fumbling around in hot laps it kicks back on and stays on though.

I saw somebody say if you power up with the wheel connected it appears to work.. anyone tried that?

Some of yall know that after the Microsoft update the Force Feedback on some of the Fanatec wheels dont work when you turn it on. Until a fix is done, you can turn your wheel on a few minutes before you use it and it will eventually come on. If anyone has a known pernament solution please let us know:cheers:

EDIT======After about an hour of playing with my FF working fine, it quit.....and picked back up again in about 10 minutes of playing.....weird

I noticed that the FFB will kick off if you change the wheels sensitivity, or change the presets while paused in the game. It will come back on after a few minutes though.

There was a HUGE update for Xbox this morning....I wonder if this helped out the issue...I didnt have time to check it out but if someone does report back..........

That was mainly a maintenance update, just a few additions like your excerise record and preparation for Xbox Music and IE.

Some wheel users at FM.net states they still have force feedback problems even with the fix installed. Anybody around here experiencing these?

I will be waiting just a bit longer to reconnect to XBOX Live and make these upgrades but since it seems to be limited to a minority I am not that concerned about it.

Ok it seems the Force Feedback has came to my wheel since the update BUT now its doing something completely different. About 10 minutes it started moving on itself. It would turn all the way one way then back to the other way. If I tried to move it it would do it all over again. Is this new or is this the "full wheel glitch" I have heard of. BTW no mic running when it did it

Some wheel users at FM.net states they still have force feedback problems even with the fix installed. Anybody around here experiencing these?

I will be waiting just a bit longer to reconnect to XBOX Live and make these upgrades but since it seems to be limited to a minority I am not that concerned about it.
I read that too. I haven't played in a few days but I should be able to check it out today.
Ok it seems the Force Feedback has came to my wheel since the update BUT now its doing something completely different. About 10 minutes it started moving on itself. It would turn all the way one way then back to the other way. If I tried to move it it would do it all over again. Is this new or is this the "full wheel glitch" I have heard of. BTW no mic running when it did it

That's not the full lock glitch.....sounds like a new problem. When you get the full lock glitch your wheel makes a strong turn all the way to one side (while you're racing) and won't respond until you restart the wheel.

While driving it would get very tough to steer (FF very strong) and when the race was over I let go of the wheel and it turned all the way to the right by itself. When I grabbed it and tryed to turn it left it did it by itself. I turned the wheel off and on and it seemed it fixed itself but I got frustrated with it and put it up...

Back