Warrenty replaced PS3 gamesave HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmeGT5
  • 5 comments
  • 614 views
Messages
96
United Kingdom
Essex, UK
Messages
jmepamplin
Im sorry for asking guys, i've had a search but no idea what for.

I had my PS3 replaced on warrenty, which came back today. I copied my GT5 gamesave to USB before it went expecting to just copy it onto the new console and go. However when I put the disc in and the game starts, it states that the save is someone elses and wants to just delete it to continue.

The console is currently offline as it says the server is down for maintenance, if im signed in will it resolve my trouble?


Help me please :( Had such a terrible time with Sony Support, I cant loose nearly 2 years of game progress, i've already vowed to never buy anything Sony again, I just hope this doesn't become another reason.
 
The console is currently offline as it says the server is down for maintenance, if im signed in will it resolve my trouble?

Yes.
 
Hopefully you are correct, thanks for the answer.
 
Yup, you're not connected to an account until you first sign in, that's why you're having problems. 👍
 
Thanks for the reply, still no ability to login.
 
Just another reason why putting any kind of limitation on game saves is utterly stupid.

Note that while you can only load the save on the original PS3/PSN account, you can use alternate PS3 accounts to "hold" the save. If you make a second PS3 account (no need to sign up for PSN) you can copy your save to that location and then copy it from the second user to your real account. This way, you don't need to keep putting the USB in when you want to restore.
 
Back