Was it Kaz's idea all along to include more Road Cars in Sport after launch, or was there an outcry?

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 2 comments
I noticed that a lot of race cars were featured in the launch of GTS, but then as time went on, many of the updates included road cars. Was this the plan all along, or were there complaints that there weren't enough road cars?

I only ask because I missed the GTS hype. Fully onboard the train to GT7 though and I notice that Road Cars seem to be more of a focus here.

Last edited:
I don't think there was an outcry as such but I think when they launched the game originally it wasn't designed to feature road cars.

After all we only had arcade racing and online plus some mission challenges and driver training.

I guess they focussed the road cars at the time just for what was needed but due to the outcry about no single player content that probably caused the change to add more road cars for the more 'traditional' race events.

Since GT7 is more single player focus more road cars was a guarantee I guess!

This is Polyphony Digital we're talking about, they're GLACIALLY slow when it comes to changing direction. I'm confident adding road cars as DLC was the plan all along. Expecting PD to have instantly started churning out 5-10 cars per month as a response to the outcry at launch is giving them far too much credit.

Back