Watch A Corvette C7R Lap Fuji in Project CARS 2

To answer the question in the article, Twin Ring Montegi is my favourite Japanese track ever since I came into contact with it via the Gran Turismo series.

Project Cars will also feature the Sugo track and although the Fuji addition is great, I'm more interested in Sugo since I never played it in a game before.

I hope we will see Suzuka Circuit or at least Fuji Speedway will be replacing Sakitto, i didn't like Sakitto :embarrassed:.

Last edited:
To answer the question in the article, Twin Ring Montegi is my favourite Japanese track ever since I came into contact with it via the Gran Turismo series.

Project Cars will also feature the Sugo track and although the Fuji addition is great, I'm more interested in Sugo since I never played it in a game before.
Motegi is the correct name of the circuit.

TwinRingMotegi-entrance.jpg

I see there's a graphical bug during the video where trees in the background are disappearing as the driver gets closer to them. Is this something that's been fixed since this video was taken? Or something the devs are looking into? I remember a very similar bug was affecting some people in Pcars1, so it'd be a shame to see Pcars1 bugs make a return in the sequel.

I see there's a graphical bug during the video where trees in the background are disappearing as the driver gets closer to them. Is this something that's been fixed since this video was taken? Or something the devs are looking into? I remember a very similar bug was affecting some people in Pcars1, so it'd be a shame to see Pcars1 bugs make a return in the sequel.

Its not a shame. What you see is in alpha and beta state. Thats work in progress. Some of the level of details of many objects are not finished yet. Artists are hard working on that. Thats why SMS is releasing so few material, as many people do not understand what WIP means. The little difference on that is, it will not be fixed, it will be ready before release.

Its not a shame. What you see is in alpha and beta state. Thats work in progress. Some of the level of details of many objects are not finished yet. Artists are hard working on that. Thats why SMS is releasing so few material, as many people do not understand what WIP means. The little difference on that is, it will not be fixed, it will be ready before release.

I understand fully what WIP means mate, and I didn't say it's a shame that bug is in this build, I said it would be a shame if Pcars 2 contained bugs that were present in Pcars 1...

It's not a bug. It is called WIP. :)

thats the little difference. If you see an unfinished house w/o a roof, its WIP.
If you see a house w/o a roof where people live inside, its a bug or there were bad weather conditions last week.:lol:

thats the little difference. If you see an unfinished house w/o a roof, its WIP.
If you see a house w/o a roof where people live inside, its a bug or there were bad weather conditions last week.:lol:
No, that's a glitch in The Matrix. "They" have changed something. :P

Guys, I was talking about a bug that was in Pcars 1, that is identical to the disappearing trees in this video. It's still a bug, because it's not working properly. WIP just means they're still working on it, it doesn't mean every single problem will be resolved. See Pcars 1 for proof of that. I merely pointed out that one of Pcars 1's bugs is still there, and I was hopeful it would be fixed. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking...

Ah yes you're right..
But.. to be fair they reworked trees entirely for the season system(full 3d trees). So it's a different problem :)

It's like a classic version that allowed higher speeds and the chicane and hairpin were installed later to slow the cars like how Imola changed

The hairpin wasn't added, it was always there. The chicane was introduced in '83, made tighter in '91, and then a new more open chicane was installed a bit before the tight one in 2003. Now the tighter chicane is only used in the motorcycle layout.

Other changes to the circuit include the Spoon curve being brought back and made much tighter in '84, and the first corner being tightened and brought back a bit in '85, both to make room for more run-off. the road was then made wider from the apex to the exit of the hairpin, to make overtaking there easier, and Degner being changed from one big open corner to the two fast kinks it is now, to create room for run-off, both in '87. then in 2001 Dunlop was squeezed back and made slightly tighter, and the snake was also re-profiled slightly, again, both to make room for run-off. Then in 2002 130R was squeezed back and made tighter, guess why. Lastly, 2004 saw the introduction of the small chicane at 200R for the motorcycle layout.

The hairpin, through all of these changes, was always there, and the only change it saw was the widening of the road to create room for more passing. All of the other changes to the circuit were in the name of safety.

I said "it's like". Thanks for being the race track nerd though and pooping out some interesting info.

Apologies, I mis-read the "a" as "the", which makes the sentence sound like you're referring to the original layout of the real circuit.

The hairpin wasn't added, it was always there. The chicane was introduced in '83, made tighter in '91, and then a new more open chicane was installed a bit before the tight one in 2003. Now the tighter chicane is only used in the motorcycle layout.

Other changes to the circuit include the Spoon curve being brought back and made much tighter in '84, and the first corner being tightened and brought back a bit in '85, both to make room for more run-off. the road was then made wider from the apex to the exit of the hairpin, to make overtaking there easier, and Degner being changed from one big open corner to the two fast kinks it is now, to create room for run-off, both in '87. then in 2001 Dunlop was squeezed back and made slightly tighter, and the snake was also re-profiled slightly, again, both to make room for run-off. Then in 2002 130R was squeezed back and made tighter, guess why. Lastly, 2004 saw the introduction of the small chicane at 200R for the motorcycle layout.

The hairpin, through all of these changes, was always there, and the only change it saw was the widening of the road to create room for more passing. All of the other changes to the circuit were in the name of safety.
A visual representation of all the things Mike hits on can be seen here:
http://www.racingcircuits.info/asia/japan/suzuka.html#.WNWbCvkrKUk

Back