[Watch] Columbia CL7401

• Thread starter sLg
  • 1 comments

sLg

(Banned)
6901-702882-p.jpg

What it is:A very nice-looking Columbia water-resistant analog watch, with a large, easy-to-read face and brown leather strap.
What it costs: I paid $30 at Fossil
How long have you owned/used it: ~1 month
Pros:
-Nice look
-Real leather
-Not absurdly expensive like some similar-looking watches
-Very easy to read
-Small box with a number that tells the current date
-60 markings around the outside ring for seconds/minutes
-Glow-in-the-dark hands
-Nice white face
-Hasn't scratched at all yet.. either this watch has superpowers, or I'm being more careful.
Cons:
-Glow-in-the-dark-green on the metal hands, in my opinion, is horrible-looking. It would look much better with black or silver metal hands.
-Leather makes your hand smell weird if you wear it too long, but that can't be avoided.. :indiff:
-Some may find analog harder to read than digital; it doesn't bother me too much.
-$30 is out of my usual range of $10-$20 cheap, bootleg watches.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Conclusion:
I am a teenager. I love rap music, and shiny things. Would I ever have giant chrome wheels or spinners on a pimped-out Escalade? No, but my choice of a custom grille, tinted windows, smoked lights, larger, shinier wheels, and lower suspension does appall some of the more traditional folks. Therefore, my taste in watches is more Rolex or Ecko, with a metal band, shiny large face, etc. I would never get a diamond-encrusted watch, but secretly, I want one. Needless to say, those particular brands are out of my price range, so I must buy cheaper watches. Now, I had recently bought a rather unique and cheap watch for about $15 US in Taiwan during spring break, which was nice and shiny, and generated much conversation, but since it was actually a total piece of crap, I eventually lost it when I failed to notice the wristband come off for the nth time. Therefore, I needed a new one, and I just happened to be in an outlet mall in Pennsylvania. After being informed that there were no Ecko watches for less than $30, I was sent to Fossil, where they had a selection of nice watches... however, the ones I liked were all $80+. In the end, my mother relegated me to the under $30 and refurbished sections, giving me a choice between 3 watches I liked: 2 that were all metal, and this. This was the nicest looking and most expensive, I bought it, the end. Yes, that was a pointless story. But, ladies and gentlemen, this is a man's watch. I would feel no shame wearing this to work with a suit and tie.

:(

I've gotten two (thankfully, minor) scratches on it... I'm gonna try and fix them next time we buy bananas. Some of the leather has started to show wear, but for the most part this is still a great watch 👍

Really, I'm surprised that I've only gotten 2 scratches, since I wear it just about everywhere.

Back