water cup

Can someone explain to me wat the water cup is for in initial D and how he can keep it from spilling. Is it for that he can drive very smoothly or very nice drift control on hairpins bcause ive been confuse over the years and my bro wont tell me crap.plz i need to know now!!

oh yea 1 more question how the hell did bunta drift without his hands controllin it.It was in 1st stage when he drift and took a smoke.. i think thats crazy in real life and keiichi tsuchiya cant even do that technique

You're sort of in the wrong forum, although there's slightly less of a chance you'll get ridiculed by asking those questions in this forum, I'll give you that.

To answer your first 2 questions, Initial D is a cartoon (as in 'not real') so you're best off not believing anything in it.
And yes there will be some nice tracks to drift in in GT4, most of us are getting a little bored of the GT3 tracks as well.

Try to use the 'edit' button too if and when you remember something you wanted to say in a previous post.

Welcome to GTP.

PnoY_Drifter112
Can someone explain to me wat the water cup is for in initial D and how he can keep it from spilling. Is it for that he can drive very smoothly or very nice drift control on hairpins bcause ive been confuse over the years and my bro wont tell me crap.plz i need to know now!!

oh yea 1 more question how the hell did bunta drift without his hands controllin it.It was in 1st stage when he drift and took a smoke.. i think thats crazy in real life and keiichi tsuchiya cant even do that technique

Yes, probably. A standard urban legend is of the driving test examiner holding the cup of coffee, and you failed if you made him spill any.

And in answer to the second question... It's a cartoon! How does Ash make electric mice in Pokemon? It's a cartoon!.

PnoY_Drifter112

ahah , your are a idiot man, Its a cartoon. Do you really think someone can drift without any hands? maybe for like .3 secs but thats about it man. Keiichi can't even do the techinque... ahah omg your a idiot, I'm not trying to be mean but you've been brainwashed so bad from ID. Most of the stuff is obvious man.

Ryen49
ahah , your are a idiot man, Its a cartoon. Do you really think someone can drift without any hands? maybe for like .3 secs but thats about it man. Keiichi can't even do the techinque... ahah omg your a idiot, I'm not trying to be mean but you've been brainwashed so bad from ID. Most of the stuff is obvious man.
Easy, there, bud. He's asking questions because he wants to learn more. There is a big difference between ignorance (lack of education) and stupidity (lack of intelligence).

Jackie Stewart used to illustrate his driving school lectures with the idea of a tennis ball in a bowl on the hood of the car. The more smoothly you could drive, the faster you could turn without making the ball fly out of the bowl. Undoubtedly this is where Initial D got the idea.

For what it's worth, I've also seen real in-plane video where Bob Hoover sets a glass of water on the dashboard of his Rockwell Shrike, and then does a loop without spilling any.

neon_duke
For what it's worth, I've also seen real in-plane video where Bob Hoover sets a glass of water on the dashboard of his Rockwell Shrike, and then does a loop without spilling any.

First person to say that's due to centrifugal force gets an e-smack.

manilas_finest
its possible that Bunta is holding the wheel position with his knees, since he's highly skilled and all. ever thought of that

OK, I thought that was pretty slick too. Actually more funny cause the gas station manager was about to loose it.

Anyway, it's not real. Seriously, I'm not putting you down. But it's a cartoon. While some of the techniques are very possible there are others that are just out of this world. Now, there may be someone out there that can drift with no hands, but nobody's ever heard of him.

So don't take what you see on Inital D at face value. Because, like Ryen49 said(and rather harshly I might add), It's a cartoon. You can do whatever you want in a cartoon. :sly:

If you'd like to know what it's like to do that, then just try it. but I suggest you put a lid of somekind on the cup.

You have to go really slow or have great skills and suspension to keep the water in the cup. It's not the same as a bottle or can. give it a shot, you'll see what I mean.

PnoY_Drifter112

why don't u ask that in the anime thread

PnoY_Drifter112
ahh i know that its cartoon but wat i meant is wat if its done in real life
Well we're getting ID ver 3 where I work this month, so I'll try both drifting with a drink in my hand and with just me knees and I'll let you know how it goes. :crazy: :lol:

Ryen49

Dude... our nice moderator Duke is right, go a little easier. You may not be trying to sound mean, but you do. As for a no handed drift? It's rather possible in GT3 with a well set up car like my FD or ZZII (Although I more or less call it the zero counter-steer drift). But as we have both been here for a while, what I'm saying as a senior member to another senior member, take it easy.

this might off topic, but does anyone want to be interested on taking the rain challenge again?

PnoY_Drifter112
ahh i know that its cartoon but wat i meant is wat if its done in real life
That's the whole point of of everyone's thoughts above. It's a cartoon, it can't be done in real life.

A similar question, is why doesn't Wile E. Coyote ever die? If he can survive a fall off a cliff, why can't I?

While Duke supported you on the first motion, (Lack of education vs Lack of intelligence), I'll not support you after that quote. Why won't your brother tell you? Because he wants to see you make a fool out of yourself.

Stop for a moment, and think about it. That's all I ask. Think for yourself for five minutes.

AO

vinkento
As for a no handed drift? It's rather possible in GT3 with a well set up car like my FD or ZZII (Although I more or less call it the zero counter-steer drift).
Yeah I agree on the ZZII, it's an awesome car and it does some awesome things, like steering itself through a drift.

aha that's funny. i was wondering about that question too.
but obviously it's a cartoon, same thing as superman (how does he flYY????)
but, it's cool, initial D is a fun thing to read/watch

Ryen49
Hey I just want to say that I'm sorry for what I said earlier in the thread. Sorry. :)

its aiite man i forgive u but initial d seems realistic to me u know all those races and facts about drifting but not the bunta no hand drift which is 5% possible in real life but if we lived in the anime world and u see all that perfect drift by takumi or bunta that **** would be crazy.thats all!

The water cup represents the tofu in the trunk area. You see, Takumi delivers tofu. If you spill the water you break the tofu. And I don't think the major hotel that Bunta has been delivering to for (as long as he's owned the shop) enjoys broken tofu.

Sadly, I don't even know what tofu exactly is :dunce:

Anyways, I like the water cup idea and might try it when I start driving. If you can drive smooth and with finesse without spilling the water, it helps you to become faster without wearing out your equipment i.e. the Darrell Waltrip Driving Strategy.

Victor Vance
Anyways, I like the water cup idea and might try it when I start driving. If you can drive smooth and with finesse without spilling the water, it helps you to become faster without wearing out your equipment i.e. the Darrell Waltrip Driving Strategy.
You mean like driving on the street? Umm you're not gonna be driving on the street in a way that will keep water from spilling. Or are you gonna go to a track event and pay $300+ to drive around and try that out?

Back