Way to go America!!!

• Thread starter SpyHunter
  • 22 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_Spyhunter
LOL, all these wall bouncing, course cutting, cheat finding, douche bags have done an amazing job of giving the US players a bad name. LOL, way to go. I can't recall, but has ANY of the former Academys had these kinds of problems? I am, for personal reasons, happy about the 2nd round cancellation. However, I really wish they could go back and DQ anyone that has used any of the "cheats" to move forward. Won't happen, but would be due justice.

Good luck to all the guys I know that are driving as a real racer would! If I don't make it, I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!

Last years Academy TT was on the Indy course but I remember it being incredibly strict with voiding laps for cuts and I don't remember any exploits being found. The top times did tend to shift down gears at too high a speed letting it bounce off the limiter which you wouldn't do in real life but the lines were fine.

It's tough to compare nations.

I didn't participate in 2008 or 2010, but based on the forums:

2008 was the original GT-Academy and there was wall bouncing at Eiger. AND there were DQ's handed out...

2010 was just the Indy downloadable demo. I'm pretty sure the course cutting indicator for the hairpins was working just fine, either that or the grass setting was "real". There was no attempt that I've seen of course cutting.

this has nothing to do with where people are from it would have happened anywhere in the world stop with the anti american posts and threads

this has nothing to do with where people are from it would have happened anywhere in the world stop with the anti american posts and threads

Geez I didn't realise the American stereotype of being brash and loud could carry so well into a forum post :)

Its not a political or geographical issue, its actually due to religion and a belief in the forgiveness of sin. Way to go believers!!! :)

The only people that are at fault are the people that are putting on this competition.

I dont think they realize how much time and money of other peoples they have wasted.

Geez I didn't realise the American stereotype of being brash and loud could carry so well into a forum post :)

OMG are you serious? I put it in loud red writing so this ridiculous thread would get closed, then we have you come in here and add fuel to the fire.

I remember when the European one at the daytona road course (i think) I managed to get on fairly early and for about half an hour I was 25th in Europe.

OMG are you serious? I put it in loud red writing so this ridiculous thread would get closed, then we have you come in here and add fuel to the fire.

Pretty sure he was joking, dude. Hence the smiley face. Take a Xanax and chill a bit, you're harshing my morning mellow. :) <---- please note the smiley face.

The only people that are at fault are the people that are putting on this competition.

I dont think they realize how much time and money of other peoples they have wasted.

Its not PD's fault for assuming that competitors would stay within the rules and be fair. They had all right to assume that all entrants would not use the track to gain "shortcuts". However, once one did and got away with it, he bragged/his exploit was seen and that was that. The fact that PD didn't pick up on it is bothersome, but do I blame them for it? No.

There was of course a huge amount of irony intended with my post.

I realize that, I just don't see why we should be offended when we fit stereotypes. I lol when the 3 blokes at Top Gear rip on us. It's part of the fun! 👍

There was of course a huge amount of irony intended with my post.

I didn't find it funny, I do see the irony, but it was completely unnecessary and took my post out of context. If I was being loud I would have been in all caps.

I didn't find it funny, I do see the irony, but it was completely unnecessary and took my post out of context. If I was being loud I would have been in all caps.

Fair enough. It was funny though if I do say so myself 👍

Looking at the facts here the OP was stating how he was annoyed how the actions of a few will echo round the world and be twisted into an anti-America vibe that you guys can't play fair. He wasn't saying it was symptomatic of being American but that the unfortunate truth is it will fuel peoples prejudice.

The whole 'The world hates us any way so why should we care!' smacks of insecurity, it's how my 9 year old nephew talks. The world doesn't hate America, we love your films, music and countless other cultural qualities. We also love ribbing you, just like is done to every country on the planet.

Straight from the "Acceptable Use Policy"

- You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Can this thread get closed please?

+1

And honestly, from my years of playing on XBL, I can safely say without a doubt that cheating is not confined to any one nationality. There were huge American cheats, huge British cheats, huge French cheats, Germans, Swiss, Aussies, you name it. There's cheats everywhere.

Straight from the "Acceptable Use Policy"

- You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Can this thread get closed please?

Grow a pair mate it was only a bit of banter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back