Way too easy

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeffreypang911
  • 19 comments
  • 1,359 views
Messages
138
Is it just me or are the license test way too easy.in gt3 it took like weeks to get the super license and when i finshed i felt more proud of myself that the gt4 test.I beet it in 2 hours and it took 1 try for all of em except the snow one. i just hope gt5 will bring back tuffer chalenges that are possible unlke the stupid missions
 
If you beat them all in one try, you'd do it a lot quicker than 2 hours surely. :confused:

And why don't you go back through them and get them all gold now?
 
Try the Missions Tests, they are a little more... challenging, but i bet you'll find them... boooooooooring :indiff: Zzzzzzzz

Oh, did you say the missions are.. stupid? :dopey: but.. why??
 
It's dumb to say that the license tests are too easy but the missions are stupid. The missions were MADE to bring challenge in the game. Come back when you gold all of the tests and tell us what you think afterwards.
 
It's (relatively) easy to pass the super license, much harder to get golds/silvers.

Remember that the target audience for GT4 includes children, so it can't be made too hard or else they'd cry
 
Golds are much easier also.

I got all gold in GT4, with barely any trouble, and 6 days after i had the game. Unlike GT3, which i found much harder and still dont have all gold :lol:

Only hard ones in GT4 where S-16, IA-15 and S-12, and that was only because of track knowledge. The other day I re-ran S-16 and my 1st try was 7:00.xxx, 7 seconds under gold.

GT3 where harder IMO
 
amp88
It's (relatively) easy to pass the super license, much harder to get golds/silvers.

Remember that the target audience for GT4 includes children, so it can't be made too hard or else they'd cry
hehe, i dont think children would be interested in playing a game like GT4. perhaps Burnout? :)
 
JFM92_GTRacer
hehe, i dont think children would be interested in playing a game like GT4. perhaps Burnout? :)
I started playing GT when I was 11 or 12 I think and I was definately interested. I never liked arcade racing games except for Wipeout.
 
jeffreypang911
technically i am a child because im only 13 :indiff:
Dont be sorry you're 'only' 13. Time flies and before you know it you'll be much older.
Wrt GT4 licences being easy. Well it may be so for you but it took me a fair while to Bronze these. I've since then been able to silver quite a few of them which turned out to be easier. Mostly because I'd done quite a few races in between. I've even managed to gold a few. Same goes for the missions. The only ones that I found easy were the Slipstream battles including 23 (Skylines).
All others I find quite a challenge.
So for some players (parts of) this game may be easy and for some it's quite a challenge. For me it's the latter.:sly:

AMG
 
You also have to remember, I'm guessing that you did the GT3 licences 3, 4 years ago? You'll find that any game you did that long ago will be easier today, with age comes wisdom and that includes in gaming.

Except in my case it seems. 👎
 
Ever considered the fact that maybe you've gotten better at licence tests, especially since you invested so much time on the GT3 ones?

I was 22 when GT1 came out and with it I outdid my video-game-playing record. I played for 14 straight hours. Went to bed, got up and played again for another 10 or so. The licence tests have gotten more challenging, but we've also gotten better at the game. I haven't heard this "the game is too easy" coming from people who haven't tried out the other GT games
 
I thought GT4 was harder to begin with - having played GT3 solid for 2 years, and GT1 & 2 before that. And indeed, the races are.

But licenses?? I never expected to get silvers on any of the IA ones, nevermind gold on IA-15 one the second attempt. Havent tried for all-gold yet, or the superlicense, but its looking slightly more promising.

The driving missions - again, thinking these would be hard, I shot thru them. 3 days ago I was on mission 11. Sat down - did 12 after various attempts (Ford GT takes some getting used to). Then I managed 13 through 22 in one sitting, with the numerous missions only taking one attempt. Only did the Skylines stump me because I kept doing silly things.

So now I have the Zonda :crazy: and I never thought I'd get that car. Question is - is this experience, or just a bit of luck?? And is GT4 really that hard? If I aimed for 1 A-spec point all the time, then no. GT4 is only as hard as you make it... so you can have it real easy - and sadly, the licenses and missions (except 34 - dreading it!) seem to lean to the slightly easier side of things.
 
This took some absolutely crazy dedication & willpower, but I didn't have a single race in GT4 until I'd got gold on every licence and coffee break, and then completed all the missions! It's the first GT I've played with a wheel & pedals, so I figured it would be the perfect way to get me used to using them. Didn't have too much time to play, so about the 1st month of owning GT4 was spent on this!
Have a saved copy of the game with around 166 days elapsed, all gold & all missions completed. 👍
I'm now trying to complete the game using as many different stock cars as possible e.g. Professional Hall : Race of Turbo Sports I have 5 200pt races in 5 different stock rides. :drool: I'm A-speccing the lot too!

Bronzing licences is agreeably very easy compared to older GT games, but I think they expected this game to hit a bigger market than ever before, and not everyone is as dedicated a racer as some of the big names here at GT Planet.
Hence, for folks that would get frustrated if they can't progress in the game because they can't obtain the licences, PD put in 3 things, easy bronze times & prize cars for bronze times, and B-spec so you don't actually have to get a licence at all, and is an easy way to make tons of cash to tune cars to ridiculous levels so races become a formality.
This keeps everyone happy. Gamers can rush through the game, hit 100% without much difficulty, other than having to do the missions, put it on their completed list and move on to the next game. For us true GT fanatics, there's plenty of challenges and possibilities. PD have pretty much covered all bases, which was a very shrewd move. :sly:
 
I think if you have an easy time golding all the licenses and finishing all the missions, then you can complain about the game being too easy. I've done both of those, and I still won't say the game's too easy, because as a racing game it's going to have to cover the spectrum. It can't be like running a gold license all the time, or very few people would want to play it.

It's been said numerous times that while GT is a great console sim, overall there's far better sims out there on the PC. That's because they have a far more niche crowd, just look at the sales numbers. That's why GT has to be enjoyable for people with, ahem... less skill than the average GT-forum-goer.

I've always found S License to be the easiest one though, simply because you're given a larger margin for error than a one or two-turn test. FWIW, I've been playing since I was 12 (wow, has it really been that long?) and I've golded all licenses, all games (well, okay, I didn't get any of the Concepts or Prologue). But the nice thing about GT is you can always make the races harder by taking a slower car. There's also OLR to really see what people can do with the game.

Like the old saying goes, you get out of it what you put in :)
 
you should show us your skills in the wrs. just so you can have some challenge.
 
Actually I don´t think the game itself matters so much. What really matters is the cars and the joy of driving! I kind of rushed through the game to get access to all cars, just so I could test all of them on all tracks! And that is going to take far longer than getting 100%...
 
But i still think, compared to GT3, golds in GT4 are easier.

Some missions are harder than most Gold licenses though.

But until the AI gets better and is more interactive with you, as in shifting his line to accomidate you. Then all i will do is race in OLR or LAN. You can be side by side an AI and they just turn in on you!. Id like to see an AI like nascar games, how it adjusts a bit to the drivers skill.
 
I agree that they were "a little" easy but dont let PD in on that. They'lle make it impossible in the next version of the game :)
 
Back