Ways to play the game

• Thread starter 2thDr
  • 5 comments
United States
Clarksville, TN
Okay, so I have a stacked garage of cars, millions of dollars, what now. Who can give me some ideas on how to open this game up. I told you what I had been doing with the normal, then hard-tuned for all of the cars, yet I keep thinking a better way may be to do normal and run at the GT Series doing incremental tuning and modifying each car appropriately. I think it is important to keep the field fair, say not race modified cars on the sunday cup. I have all of the prize cars, still working on a few colors, and that damn ASpec is still eluding me.

I started a log the other day to track the lap and final time record holders, I wish that was kept by the game. I am big into stats and records.

Just looking for some new perspective, give me your takes, much apppreciated!

I usually campaign what is regarded as an underdog car in the national series races. For instance, in the U.K.-U.S. series, I would run a TVR Griffith or an Aston Martin DB7, just to see how the A.I. really compares to myself. Other than that, running modified normal models for LM-car series (i.e.: I ran a 1993 NSX against an Impreza in the Anglo-Japanese Sports Car Cup).

funny you say that, I won the a-spec last night (green one) with a race mod grif 500. I had previously won with the hard-tuned no mod grif 500 and won a concept car yellow I think. Last night, no different than usual, just skipped qual each time and won each race exc ssr5 got 3rd. Totally random...no doubt about it. I had used the db7 previously in us v uk and won. I was running every us/uk car I had to win the a-spec, first tuned, then modified. I still need to purchase volante, 4.0, rt-10, cerb. I also just changed used car lineups last night and bought a cranberry 93 nsx...I'll give your suggestion a shot. Thanks.

To tell you the truth, I only liked the 1993 NSX for its black wheels when modified... but it is really a challenging car to drive in such a series.

Glad you could benefit from it.

Okay, so I have a stacked garage of cars, millions of dollars, what now. Who can give me some ideas on how to open this game up. I told you what I had been doing with the normal, then hard-tuned for all of the cars, yet I keep thinking a better way may be to do normal and run at the GT Series doing incremental tuning and modifying each car appropriately. I think it is important to keep the field fair, say not race modified cars on the sunday cup. I have all of the prize cars, still working on a few colors, and that damn ASpec is still eluding me.

I started a log the other day to track the lap and final time record holders, I wish that was kept by the game. I am big into stats and records.

Just looking for some new perspective, give me your takes, much apppreciated!

I would start exploring cars in the game; note the subtle differences in each one. And I'd also start challenging myself more and more. Less parts/less power--see what you can get away with as your skills go beyond what you've ever dreamed possible. :cheers:

Last edited:
Cool to have somebody still trying to make GT1 harder in this time and age. Mostly everyone don't care about GT1 now, all they care is GT5.

For me I would enter non-RM underpowered but light cars in races with RMed AI. The most fun would be the country vs country championships, because you can still win those with quite a number of underdog cars. You will lose on the straights, but on the corners you will be able to compete with the AI (because you're lighter). It makes a really good replay with excellent overtaking moves too 👍.

Another thing would be trying to drive hard to control cars like the Griffith and NSX. Challenge yourself to drive these cars fast but without mistakes, and without changing any settings.

Another good challenge would be to try and get gold in all of the license tests, if you have not done so already.

If you've done these and still want a challenge, you can always start a mini-race series here in the GT1 forum. Just pick a car, a track, and see who can set the fastest lap times. That way you can compare your driving skills against actual players, not just some AI programmed to follow a same line. The challenge you get will be pretty big, because there're lots of EXTREMELY fast people out there. Even if you lose, it's still great fun (if you always win it's not a challenge right?).

Hope this helps, 2thDr 👍.

Back