We need a Database of AI lap times...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Destinkeys
  • 8 comments
  • 3,365 views

Destinkeys

(Banned)
Messages
1,199
Messages
Destinkeys
I think a database of lap times of the AI in each of the top cars (The fastest one) they drive for each event would be of amazing help in allowing us to use a car that is reasonably equal to them, rather than having to guess or end up overpowering them because you'd THINK you need something similar (but you don't!).

I'm not necessarily OCD enough to put this together all by myself (!), but maybe the Mods could create a sticky where we post these times as we play the events...? I'm already up to the Endurance series, so I've gone a bit too far, but those starting, and those in the middle could sure help out...

Anybody like this idea?
 
This would be pretty amazing If everyone could pull it off.
👍
 
You can always make a trial attempt park your car at the side of the road and see their laptimes and try to find which of your cars is close to that.

Boring procedure but should work.

I intend to do it before starting my A-Spec endurances.
 
Be nice if there were a DB, though, just to save time...

All we need is everyone to note down the fastest lap time of the car that came second (assuming you won!) each time you do a new event (and what it was, though even THAT isn't REALLY important), and then post it here.

Then I can collate it into one big list.

C'mon folks. This has GOT to be as useful as an EXP, Cr. and reward car chart... 👍
 
I like this idea but unfortunately I only saw it after I finished three endurance races this weekend (roadster, laguna seca and indy 500). I still have the indy replay up so can give some info on that.

I used a stock Audi R8 '05, finished in 2.25.11 with a 13 lap gap. Hovered mostly around 41 seconds per lap and pitted every 34 laps (noticed no difference between softs and mediums). 2nd place Audi R8 '01 pitted every 42 laps on race mediums.

Best AI lap times: 42.6s (R8 '01 with some drafting)
"Average" laps: High 44s (R8s, C60 Hybrides)
Slowest laps: Low 46s (close to pit stops)

In the roadster race I ran mostly 1.03s on sport mediums and finished with a 19 gap or so. Car was tuned too high from the b-spec race but I didn't want to restart and setup a new one. :)

At Laguna Seca I used a ~600hp F430 and ran mostly 1.33-1.34s on sport mediums and finished in 2.20ish with a 9 lap gap (I think). If I had to guess I'd say the AI runs low 1.40s.
 
The problem is that everyone has different abilities and drives different lap times in different cars. Collecting (and organizing) all that data and lap times for every AI on every track is not a trivial task.

I have had great races by using my matchmaker spreadsheet/program. ;)
 
REALLY LONG POST

This is what I have so far, the winning car and its fastest lap are whats recorded. This was all done in B Spec, feel free to copy/use these times if anyone wants to.


>>>>Dream Car Championship
Indy Motor Speedway B Spec
Ford GT LM Race Car 49.052

Monza B Spec Dry
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car 1:40.505

Monza B Spec Rain
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car 2:01.570

Tokyo B Spec
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car 1:35.961

Circuit de la Sarthe B Spec Rain
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II 5:01.390

Circuit de la Sarthe B Spec Dry
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car 3:47.555

Nurburgring 24 Hour B Spec Dry
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II 8:44.652

>>>>Like the Wind
Daytona Road Course B Spec
Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5 Race Car 1:38.543

Indy Motor Speedway B Spec
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 43.613

>>>>Super GT
Fuji Speedway F B Spec
Honda Raybrig NSX 1:40.595

>>>>Tuned Car Championship
Suzuka B Spec Dry
2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 2:14.937

Road Course Daytona B Spec
2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 1:55.192

Grand Valley Speedway B Spec
HKS CT230R '08 2:02.565

Special Stage Route 5 B Spec Dry
2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 1:31.840

Tokyo R246 B Spec
2007 HPA Motorsports FT565 1:49.489

>>>>Schwarzwald League A
Nuburgring GP/F B Spec
Opel Speedster '00 2:32.747

Tokyo R246 B Spec
Opel Speedster '00 2:08.824

>>>>MR Sports Cup
Deep Forest B Spec
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 1:25.117

High Speed Ring B Spec
McLaren F1 '94 1:12.404

Circuit de la Sarthe B Spec
McLaren F1 '94 4:12.117

>>>>Turbo Challenge
High Speed Ring B Spec
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo 1:13.892

Monza B Spec Dry
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 2:04.555

>>>>Japanese Championship
Tsukuba Circuit B Spec
Honda NSX '90 1:03.001

Fuji Speedway B Spec
Honda NSX '97 1:53.435

Grand Valley Speedway B Spec
Honda NSX '97 2:11.589

Monza B Spec Dry
Honda NSX '97 2:03.820

Suzuka Circuit B Spec
Honda NSX '90 2:42.284

>>>>Tsukuba 9 Hours
Tsukuba B Spec
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo 56.240 (535 laps)

>>>>Gallardo Trophy
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 1:17.506

>>>>Gran Turismo All Stars
Trial Mountain Circuit
Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5 '04 1:19.883

Grand Valley Speedway
Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5 '04 1:44.887

Nurburgring Nordschliefe
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V 6:51.952

Cape Ring
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V 2:25.889

Tokyo R246
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V 1:28.828

>>>>Polyphony Digital Cup
Madrid
Ford GT (no stripe) '05 52.534

Trial Mountain Circuit
Ford GT (no stripe) '05 1:36.220

Grand Valley Speedway
Ford GT (no stripe) '05 2:03.543

>>>>Schwarzwald League B
Cape Ring
Mercedes SLS AMG '10 2:59.652

Nurburgring Nordschliefe
Audi R8 4.2 '07 8:17.101

>>>>Like the Wind
Daytona Road Course
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 1:38.141

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Audi R8 Race Car (Team Playstation) 44.787

>>>>European Championship
Rome
Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 1:20.083

Deep Forest Raceway
Lotus Espirit Turbo HC '87 1:30.293

Monza Dry
TVR Tamora '02 2:07.244

>>>>German Touring Car Championship
Cape Ring
Mercedes CLK Touring Car 2:54.005

Nurburgring GP/D
Mercedes CLK Touring Car 1:38.437

Nurburgring Nordschleife
Astra Touring Car 7:39.228

>>>>American Championship
Indianapolis Motorspeedway
Ford GT LM Race Car 49.573

Laguna Seca
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 1:29.014
 
I think a database of lap times of the AI in each of the top cars (The fastest one) they drive for each event would be of amazing help in allowing us to use a car that is reasonably equal to them, rather than having to guess or end up overpowering them because you'd THINK you need something similar (but you don't!).



The problem I have with this is the problem I have with Aspec in general:

The races aren't always the same cars so you can't know what's "overpowered" and what's not a lot of the time.
 
Back