We need another sub-forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jet-Black_
  • 24 comments
  • 1,593 views
Messages
152
Messages
Jet-Black_
I'm fairly new to these forums, but I feel like every time I come here and start looking at the threads, I notice that a lot basically consist of someone ranting about a tiny little flaw in the game.

People create countless threads about little things and this makes me constantly filter threads to actually find one worth posting in.

What I'm suggesting is that someone creates something like an official rant thread or a sub-forum dedicated to whining so we don't have to constantly filter through what, in my opinion, is a waste of bandwidth.
 
Last edited:
It's a good idea but I think it will give the mod's more work to do. There will still be people posting rant's into the wrong section and the mod's would have more work by moving it into the rant section.
 
Actually it would give the mods less work to do, since they wouldn't have to weed thru a bunch of threads in all of GT5's extant forums. It probably won't happen, though.
 
I agree. I've been thru many different kinds of special interest discussion boards in my time but I've never come across one with this much negativity.
In short, it's difficult to find useful info due to the 'noise'.
 
Bring it on I say. :) I for one would use it frequently. :ouch:
 
It seems to me that many new members joined the site when the game was leaked early..

.. many of them do post irrelevant rubbish in it's own thread, when there is probably 20 other threads they could already post it in.. It is hugely frustrating, but I think GTP does a good job have dealing with such a massive influx, and I think many of the longer standing members are ignoring the GT5 section until some of the noobieness wears off.

Nothing against noobs, but it did seem to hit GTP like a tidal wave.
 
I'm fairly new to these forums, but I feel like every time I come here and start looking at the threads, I notice that a lot basically consist of someone ranting about a tiny little flaw in the game.

People create countless threads about little things and this makes me constantly filter threads to actually find one worth posting in.

What I'm suggesting is that a someone creates something like and official rant thread or a sub-forum dedicated to whining so we don't have to constantly filter through what, in my opinion, is a waste of bandwidth.

Where are these threads? I just no the ones where people complain about the big mayor flows of this "game".
 
Agreed, tired of people filling the forum with the same threads.
Give them there own section so they can all have fun together.

Where are these threads? I just no the ones where people complain about the big mayor flows of this "game".
800 cars without cockpits thats a mayor flow!
AI not being afraid of hitting your car thats a mayor flow!
There's many mayor flows in this game :indiff:

(Sarcasm)
 
Last edited:
It's a good idea but I think it will give the mod's more work to do. There will still be people posting rant's into the wrong section and the mod's would have more work by moving it into the rant section.



They over-moderate the way it is, I can't possibly see them doing more than what they do as of now.
 
I notice that a lot basically consist of someone ranting about a tiny little flaw in the game.

People create countless threads about little things and this makes me constantly filter threads to actually find one worth posting in.

Agree with you totally. 👍

It's a good idea but I think it will give the mod's more work to do. There will still be people posting rant's into the wrong section and the mod's would have more work by moving it into the rant section.

Yes, agree too, some people just don't seem to look at what to do and where, they just do it and don't care.

It seems to me that many new members joined the site when the game was leaked early..

.. many of them do post irrelevant rubbish in it's own thread, when there is probably 20 other threads they could already post it in.. It is hugely frustrating, but I think GTP does a good job have dealing with such a massive influx, and I think many of the longer standing members are ignoring the GT5 section until some of the noobieness wears off.

Nothing against noobs, but it did seem to hit GTP like a tidal wave.

Very frustrating, I find it hard to be polite sometimes and have lost my temper on occassions, which I guess makes me a hypocrite for writing a post about what's right and wrong. But generally, I try to do the right thing and obey the rules, rather than just doing what I want and not caring who I annoy or frustrate.
 
I have heard some of the older members remark that there used to be a post minimum before threads could be created by a given member. I think this problem would mostly go away if they brought that back to GTP.
 
Giving less privileges to new member could help, like putting a restriction to create new threads until reaching a number of messages and register time, 200 and a few months or so. Also a "GT5 New members" forum with no posting restrictions would work until reaching the status and educates themself about what to expect in a GT game. Most of the opinions in the last weeks could be compiled in a few thematic threads with no problem. They are so repetitive and uninformative.

Never will happen thought.
 
Last edited:
Minimum posting limit can result in post hijacking. GTP did get hit by a tidal wave, but I've already seen a "this is getting boring" thread so hopefully in a few weeks the haters will migrate to something else. Until then I'll just try to ignore posts I know will steam my broccoli.
 
Always love these types of threads. Complaining about the number complaining threads by creating a new thread to complain in. Good stuff.
 
Agreed, tired of people filling the forum with the same threads.
Give them there own section so they can all have fun together.


800 cars without cockpits thats a mayor flow!
AI not being afraid of hitting your car thats a mayor flow!
There's many mayor flows in this game :indiff:

It's spelled major. And it's flaw, not flow.

800 cars without cockpits is not a major flaw...it is simply the way it is. It would take years to program them all with cockpits. I'd rather have these 800 in the game without cockpits, than not have them, personally. :p

I've done plenty of racing where the Ai didn't hit me, when they certainly would have in GT4.
 
It's spelled major. And it's flaw, not flow.

800 cars without cockpits is not a major flaw...it is simply the way it is. It would take years to program them all with cockpits. I'd rather have these 800 in the game without cockpits, than not have them, personally. :p

I've done plenty of racing where the Ai didn't hit me, when they certainly would have in GT4.
Wow, you never noticed?
I was being sarcastic.
 
I used to be a somewhat regular here in GTplanet when GT4 released, A lot of time has passed since then and I've all but forgotten about this site while having moved on to other games and waiting for GT5. 👍

During my time away I've forgotten my log in information for my old account and have had to create a new one. :guilty: Let me tell you first
hand that this minimum post limit is pretty lame. I'm sure it serves it's purpose
but a lot of newcomers to this site are at the mercy of threads already made. I've alot of idea's and questions I'm dying to ask and communicate but can't, unless I hijack someone elses thread. I think if a new sub-forum was created for us "noobs" to post treads in would help calm things down.

P.s. if OP's were given the ability to delete posts within thier own threads, would be a good feature to have.
 
I'm sure it serves it's purpose
but a lot of newcomers to this site are at the mercy of threads already made. I've alot of idea's and questions I'm dying to ask and communicate but can't, unless I hijack someone elses thread. I think if a new sub-forum was created for us "noobs" to post treads in would help calm things down.

There's a reasoning behind this: 9 times out of 10, being at the mercy of threads already made is all that's needed. Usually a quick browse of the first page or two of threads, or a search (making sure to use "Advanced Options" to narrow it down better) would answer a question.

P.s. if OP's were given the ability to delete posts within thier own threads, would be a good feature to have.

This could create a huge problem as any disagreements of any sort would be silenced. OP's would essentially be their own thread's dictator.

...

As for the thread topic; don't hold your breath. I don't see a majority of threads "clogging up" the main GT5 board with negativity; there are some, yes, but the vast majority are not them. If we created a sub-forum for "ranting", we'd also need a sub-forum for "raving". Also, many users have very different views as to what constitutes a "waste of bandwidth": many threads tread previously-traveled paths before, this one included. We try to keep duplicate topics to a minimum, but we can't get everything all the time; if you see something you know has been done before (and more completely), don't hesitate to (politely) inform the member of it.
 
This could create a huge problem as any disagreements of any sort would be silenced. OP's would essentially be their own thread's dictator.


So a thread being derailed for endless pages due to trolling is acceptable?
 
No, and that argument would be valid if that kind of situation were the rule, not the exception. As is, that doesn't happen the majority of the time, but essentially turning every member into the moderator of their own threads could produce some incredibly messy problems. A look at any opinion-based threads around now show what that could be like...
 
Jet-Black_ lol, I played with you yesterday online, you joined to my lobby with some friend... did you!? :)

PS. there was a lot of GTP players as well and 5 my real life friends, nice race we had there! 👍 (some not, we had couple of race destroyers since it was open internet lounge) but it was nice anyway. :sly:
 
No, and that argument would be valid if that kind of situation were the rule, not the exception. As is, that doesn't happen the majority of the time, but essentially turning every member into the moderator of their own threads could produce some incredibly messy problems. A look at any opinion-based threads around now show what that could be like...

Opinion based threads are open for debate thats for sure, and should be treated as such. If an OP is going to start removing arguements from their own thread then it defeats their own purpose. (It's a losing arguement anyway if you can't or won't be heard. So why bother arguing?) But if theres a thread asking for help, information, or looking to start a new event, etc... then theres little room for a user to post their "XBOX FTW!!! PS3 FAIL!! GT5 SUKZ!! LOL" messages. :guilty:
 
So the people who run the site should set up and entirely different forum and then move topics all over the place, just to save you 20 seconds of having to read post titles you're not interested in?
 
there have to be a limit for sure, lets say 1 thread a week, or 1 thread a day per user. It would help I think.
 
Jet-Black_ lol, I played with you yesterday online, you joined to my lobby with some friend... did you!? :)

PS. there was a lot of GTP players as well and 5 my real life friends, nice race we had there! 👍 (some not, we had couple of race destroyers since it was open internet lounge) but it was nice anyway. :sly:

Yeah that was me, trying to make the most out of my beastly Vectra V6 on comfort softs.

So the people who run the site should set up and entirely different forum and then move topics all over the place, just to save you 20 seconds of having to read post titles you're not interested in?

When you put it that way... I guess not. But keep in mind that I wouldn't be the only one saving those 20 seconds.

Anyway, it seems like this is just a product of the times, and will naturally stop after a couple of months. Which means there is no point in taking big measures to seclude the threads in question.

How swell, I just changed my mind about all this, which just shows that this is another thread started by a rant.:boggled:
 
Back