We need custom-sized windshield banners

Brazil
Brazil
wagnerFAM98
This is for the livery geeks. If you love creating liveries and making perfect replicas, you've probably felt really uncomfortable with this at some point. We should definitely be able to change the custom windshield banner size, for some cars this makes a whole lot of a difference on the overall look.

Let's get two opposite examples:

1.jpg
2.jpg

This is a standard-sized 2008 Super GT500 windshield banner. Let's say I'd like to make a perfect replica of the 2008 Raybrig NSX, notice that the custom windshield banner is way smaller, so everything would have to be compressed to fit in the banner, which we can't adjust the size, as they use the generic (white/black GT banners) sizes.

3.jpg
4-jpg.1180443

The exact opposite happens with cars that have smaller windshield banners by default, as seen on JGTC cars, especially the R34. Notice how larger the custom windshield is now. Fortunately, there is a way to partially solve this problem when you want to make a perfect R34 JGTC replica, like the Loctite Zexel for example. You can add a black bar on the lower part to mimic a smaller banner and make it look like it has the original size, like this:

5.jpg

It may seem like a stupid detail, but for livery perfectionists it does screw up the overall look of your car, especially when you're doing some replicas, like I said before. That's why Polyphony should really consider implementing a custom-sized windshield banner, or maybe let us edit over the original one. I mean, it can't be something difficult to add, right?

Last edited:
This is for the livery geeks. If you love creating liveries and making perfect replicas, you've probably felt really uncomfortable with this at some point. We should definitely be able to change the custom windshield banner size, for some cars this makes a whole lot of a difference on the overall look.

Let's get two opposite examples:

View attachment 1180436View attachment 1180438

This is a standard-sized 2008 Super GT500 windshield banner. Let's say I'd like to make a perfect replica of the 2008 Raybrig NSX, notice that the custom windshield banner is way smaller, so everything would have to be compressed to fit in the banner, which we can't adjust the size, as they use the generic (white/black GT banners) sizes.

View attachment 1180442
4-jpg.1180443

The exact opposite happens with cars that have smaller windshield banners by default, as seen on JGTC cars, especially the R34. Notice how larger the custom windshield is now. Fortunately, there is a way to partially solve this problem when you want to make a perfect R34 JGTC replica, like the Loctite Zexel for example. You can add a black bar on the lower part to mimic a smaller banner and make it look like it has the original size, like this:

View attachment 1180444

It may seem like a stupid detail, but for livery perfectionists it does screw up the overall look of your car, especially when you're doing some replicas, like I said before. That's why Polyphony should really consider implementing a custom-sized windshield banner, or maybe let us edit over the original one. I mean, it can't be something difficult to add, right?
Agreed. Also annoying is the way on some cars the shape changes from a semi-circle to a band, meaning the original look is completely lost and you can't recreate it at all. I can't remember specifically which cars this happens on, but mainly Gr.1 / Group C cars if I remember correctly.

Back