Weather Conditions

• Thread starter Kirkus04
  • 11 comments
Australia
Adelaide
Kirkus04
I think everyone is with me when I say we want some form of variable weather conditions, especially in maybe some of the longer championship races in the future.

We have an example of static wet conditions on the Northern Isle Speedway driving mission, we also have wet and intermediate tyres under our tyre selection. As of today we have a further hint of wet weather at Suzuka in the new Honda concept video.

I'm not sure if full dynamic weather (time + weather) would be possible in GTS, but I would love to see a partially dynamic weather system in longer format races that would increase the need for pit/tyre strategies.

I don't need snow, torrential rain, f-ing thunderstorms, puddles that take up half the track, or day-night cycles that last 2 laps. I just want to see some pit strategy drama beyond tyre wear, damage and fuel consumption.

Maybe its a bit much to ask, but a weather forecasting tool under the MFD... maybe?

I wonder why they never do real time weather? it would be fun to just boot up Nurburgring and whatever real world track conditions are reported (via whatever weather app) are the one's posted in the game.

Maybe a solution => hard races restricted to S SR rank.

I bet there are a lot of SR S guys that cannot keep a car into the track under rain conditions,even if they are hotlapping alone.
BTW rain is not necessarily "harder" than "clean weather" conditions.

Does time of day affect conditions. I notice in the morning sessions of the dragon circuit, the track looks a little damp. Is this just a visual thing or does it actually affect the handling. I don't really drive fast enough to notice.

I think everyone is with me when I say we want some form of variable weather conditions, especially in maybe some of the longer championship races in the future.

We have an example of static wet conditions on the Northern Isle Speedway driving mission, we also have wet and intermediate tyres under our tyre selection. As of today we have a further hint of wet weather at Suzuka in the new Honda concept video.

I'm not sure if full dynamic weather (time + weather) would be possible in GTS, but I would love to see a partially dynamic weather system in longer format races that would increase the need for pit/tyre strategies.

I don't need snow, torrential rain, f-ing thunderstorms, puddles that take up half the track, or day-night cycles that last 2 laps. I just want to see some pit strategy drama beyond tyre wear, damage and fuel consumption.

Maybe its a bit much to ask, but a weather forecasting tool under the MFD... maybe?

Have a go of project cars 2, you can set up a race with light rain there if that's your thing. Works very well.

Us console owners are pretty well off at the moment with GTS, PC2 and Assetto Corsa. All three complement each other nicely, I have most fun online with GT Sport and if I want to grind collect cars it's great. PC2 has amazing dynamic weather and I can set up any type of race weekend to replicate any conditions. Assetto is a fantastic hotlapper.

I bet there are a lot of SR S guys that cannot keep a car into the track under rain conditions,even if they are hotlapping alone.
BTW rain is not necessarily "harder" than "clean weather" conditions.
I remember that in GT5/6, when I setted up rain for a race in my lobby, everybody left it or stayed and raced dirty :lol:. I think that the most of players don't like rain condition. It's fine when you play offline, but online it's not appreciated :boggled:...

I remember that in GT5/6, when I setted up rain for a race in my lobby, everybody left it or stayed and raced dirty :lol:. I think that the most of players don't like rain condition. It's fine when you play offline, but online it's not appreciated :boggled:...

You'll find that a common thing in other titles too.
Even some "aliens" dont like "rain" conditions (you can imagine why ;) ).

My only win in GT5 against aliens was when we set weather change and i stayed on slicks whereas they opted to change to rain tyres :D

Back