Weather effects in GT4

• Thread starter Earth
  • 15 comments
GTP_Royalton
What type of weather effects do you want in GT4?

I want to see rain falling, wind shield wipers working, water splashing off the windshield, (visable from inside)

The rain should reduce visability, and the spray from other cars, escpecially F1 cars should blind your view, especially from in car view.

Also I want the weather to change during races, and the ability to switch to wet weather and dry weather or intermediate tyres.

Anymore ideas? Is any weather confirmed for GT4?

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
Snow,and lots of it......

Definitly

Also weather should come into play in how slick the track is. (Hot weather equals slick track)

Eidos made this one F-1 game where you had a weekend forecast, the tempature etc

Im sure GT4 can do this

mmm I have to say i don't like the idea of weather changing automatically, say you were in Time Trial :clock: or doing a license, all of a sudden it starts raining :rain: and your lap screws up..:shakehead

See what I mean?

Saying that in an endurance race it would make things more exciting :sun:

Speaking of weather conditions :rain: I wonder if they'll ever introduce a Wet or Intermediate Tyre :confused:

The Wet Stages of GT3 could have done with that :burnout:

💡 Snow would be nice on the rally :snowflake

Intermediate and wet tires would be great for tactics in the race. They could improve the pit stop (tire change, fuel load, car repairs).

Originally posted by Earth
What type of weather effects do you want in GT4?

I want to see rain falling, wind shield wipers working, water splashing off the windshield, (visable from inside)

The rain should reduce visability, and the spray from other cars, escpecially F1 cars should blind your view, especially from in car view.

Also I want the weather to change during races, and the ability to switch to wet weather and dry weather or intermediate tyres.

Anymore ideas? Is any weather confirmed for GT4?

You should check out the Colin Mcrae Rally 3 video, It has all the rain effects i hightlighted in red.

Looks daaamn good if you ask me :thumbsup:

http://www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae3/front.php

Oh, do your self a favor.. Get one in decent quality, because you will watch it again (That was a jedi mind trick)

I want it to find your corrordinates, time zone, and current time. Then when it's 12:00A.M. in real life, it's pitch black! If it's January, and there's a track in the northern part of the northern hemisphere, there should be snowy and icy sides of the roads. If it's the middle of summer, however, the roads should be really hot, and you should see the heat waves while driving! Hopefully, it will be able to find the real weather forecast using the internet for the whole world for let's say a 3-7 day range, and use that for the weather effects! Nothing like real-world driving!

I would like to see the lighting in endurance races like the all night one start at night and end at 1st sight of sunlight(time will go alot faster duh, the moon should move evry other lap till the sun comes out). Some snow for rally would be tight.

Back