Weather feature in GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drifting AE86
  • 18 comments
  • 4,305 views
Messages
14
I did a quick search, but couldn't really find a thread on this topic, so here it goes.

In GT3, there was 1 wet course in arcade mode (with no wet tyres available), and that was the extent of variable circuit condition. I don't think I've heard anything about this aspect in GT4.

What I would love to see is if you get a weather forecast prior to race, and you have to make the correct tyre choice accordingly, e.g. the race starts while raining, and as the race progresses, it dries up. So tyre choice becomes crucial.

Now that B spec is shown , and is all about strategy, I think weather should be taken into account quite seriously. What do you think?
 
Nice Idea!!

But I don´t know anything about changing weather in GT4.
 
Asking for Changing Weather would be asking to too much in GT4.
I would love it, specially as the B-Spec mode seems very interesting, it would be great to have Changing Weather, your idea sounds cool. But lets keep it for GT5 on PS3 with Ferrari's & Lambos & Porsches' :p . Or even probably for the online version in 2005. But I think PS2 cant handle that much graphical change. Like Clouds / Rain / Wet Circuit and that too dynamic, like sky / road , everything clear at the start and wet after the weather change. It'd be awesome but, too much for PS2 to handle.
 
Edited to say, thanks for the search results - couldn't find that... my bad

Haven't seen any discussion on it before, and made me think, really. Although there are loads of discussions about fancy cars, and mods and driving physics, weather is possibly one of the biggest factors in achieving good lap time in real life. If you take atmospheric temperature and humidity into factor, the power would change, and road surface temp would change the level of grip dramatically, as well as the time it takes for tyres to warm up.

In fact, while I was writing this, I just thought, it would be great if the game incorporated calender, so in career mode (or is it still GT mode?), it would start in a certain date, and rather than the number of days increase, you go though the calender, and driving conditions change randomly, but within the seasonal threathold. Wow, that would be a great idea, if I dare say so myself ^_^
 
Drifting AE86
I did a quick search, but couldn't really find a thread on this topic, so here it goes.

In GT3, there was 1 wet course in arcade mode (with no wet tyres available), and that was the extent of variable circuit condition. I don't think I've heard anything about this aspect in GT4.

What I would love to see is if you get a weather forecast prior to race, and you have to make the correct tyre choice accordingly, e.g. the race starts while raining, and as the race progresses, it dries up. So tyre choice becomes crucial.

Now that B spec is shown , and is all about strategy, I think weather should be taken into account quite seriously. What do you think?
Dose any body knowe if their will be hail in the game.
 
No active weather.....I think we've just about filled up that dual layer DVD of all those goodies. Maybe GT5 will have it?
 
I want to see rain in rally, and after a while pudles of deep water :) another thing should be time change in endurance races. ex. start in the morning, end at night :)
 
At least that ^, or if you start in the evening (sun going down) at least be able to watch the sun go down or the sky get darker. Jak II Renegade did this beautifully.
 
yea anything with time change. I had a nascar game for sega and it had that, pretty cool, I think it was micheal andretti
 
I want huge puddles after rain to plow through, plow so fast your car hydroplanes for a moment :)

HUGE SPLASHES ;)
 
I want to see weather and time change during endurance races, and i want the headlights to actually project light at night. It looks stupid when all you see is a light bitmap directly in front of the bumper.
 
Speaking of weather, yes, we will see some new weather effects. I know that GT4 will have rainbows on the wet courses this time. Wow, rainbows!

EVERYBODY SING! "Somewhere, over the rainbow, GT cars fly!"
 
TurboLevin2NV
I want huge puddles after rain to plow through, plow so fast your car hydroplanes for a moment :)

HUGE SPLASHES ;)


You should play Richard Burns Rally for that, you'll be SO FRUSTRATED (sp?) by puddles after playing this game that you won't wish them for GT4 anymore :yuck: :crazy:
 
I think weather change, is too taxing on the PS2.
U have to play the game at 10 frame a sec to race in the rain.
Leave weather and crash damage for PS3
 
I think GT-fans will never see damage in GT, because of the licensing (sp?) problems with the car companies. 👎

Remember why was NFS5 about Porsche and not Ferrari?? Because of damage :guilty:
 
I just wanna drive a maxed out Suzuki Escudo in the wet on the least grippy tyres available :trouble:
 
Back