Weather Radar..

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 8 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
I'm currently grinding away in three World GT Championship and I know it rains in the second lap at Le Sarthe. Why is the weather radar useless, you will not set anything on the radar until you are actually in the downpour on track, no warning, no clouds in the radar before it rains on you, why does it not work?

Been a while since I did that race so can't really remember how sudden the rain was, but my weather radar has worked in other races. I saw the rain rolling in towards the track in the Porsches at the Nordscheife.

Were you zoomed out all the way? By default it's zoomed in which is really dumb for a weather radar...

I'm currently grinding away in three World GT Championship and I know it rains in the second lap at Le Sarthe. Why is the weather radar useless, you will not set anything on the radar until you are actually in the downpour on track, no warning, no clouds in the radar before it rains on you, why does it not work?
Rain isn’t guaranteed. I’ve done that championship 3 times and have only had rain once at LeMans (technically twice, but the second time it was light so slicks were still ok). If I’m on a track with weather I always use the weather radar at its furthest setting and normally the rain coming in that would require a change to inters is pretty obvious! Are you on PS4 or 5? Not sure if that would make a difference though, but I’m on PS5 and think the weather radar is pretty good!

On a PS4 slim...
Same here, and it seems fine to me. The main issue is really how quickly the weather moves, you'll see it a little way away but with how long a lap of Le Mans is, you won't make it back to the pits before it starts raining.

That’s also my grinding championship, and I can confirm rain isn’t guaranteed. It also happened to me that there were a few drops at spa, but then it went back to sunshine.

Back