WEC style seriesDraft 

Spooky Wooky

(Banned)
England
Downing Street
sp00ky-w00ky-
Putting the feelers out to gauge interest in a WEC style series to hopefully start at the end of February next year.
There will be 6 races across the year for the first season ending in November, using P1 cars. If the first season has enough full/near full grids, I would think about adding a 2nd class.
The races would take place on a Saturday evening and be either 2 or 3 hours long depending on what the majority of people want.

Tracks would be (in no particular order)

Silverstone
Spa
Nurburgring
Sakitto
Road America
Le Mans

I know the game is a bit tough on endurance races at the moment regarding bugs, but hopefully by February, SMS would have ironed a lot of them out. On the other side of it, cars have breakdowns during real races anyway so maybe it balances it out a bit.

Let me know what you think, or if you're interested. It doesn't have to be a definite yes or no at the moment, like I said, I'm gauging interest.

Thanks.

*edit* I haven't decided on a point system yet, but one idea I'm toying with is a point for every lap completed, then if there are glitches/retirements, the affected driver wouldn't go away with nothing.

Last edited:
im in,... would be even nicer when the grid exist of lmp and gt cars!!!

I'm only sticking to P1s at first because I'm not sure we would get a full grid in the first season. If enough people show interest I would happily split the grid.

What length races would you prefer?

I'm very much down for this.

Are you thinking of doing full 6 hour races or a shortened version?

I think 6 hours is a bit much for 1 person to do on their own, in the real WEC nobody drives that long. I really want to do 3 hour races, hopefully that's not too long and deters people from joining. I've done a few 2 hour long multiplayer enduraces on pCARS and the time flies by.

I'll keep this thread going until the end of December and see where we're at.

I think 6 hours is a bit much for 1 person to do on their own, in the real WEC nobody drives that long. I really want to do 3 hour races, hopefully that's not too long and deters people from joining. I've done a few 2 hour long multiplayer enduraces on pCARS and the time flies by.

I'll keep this thread going until the end of December and see where we're at.
I do 100% F1 races every week and have for nearly 4 years, 3 hours won't bother me at all. As long as people don't rage quit it would be fine I think.

I would love to race, and by the way one race per month or 2 per month is fine i think 3 hours racing every week will be a mess

Sorry mate, there wasn't enough interest to bother with it. Add in all the recents weekends of connection issues.

Latest Posts

Back