Wednesday Night Classic Series! American Muscle - '69 Camaro vs Mustang Mach 1 start 6:30ET/11BST!

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 13 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
Hey Everyone! It's been a while!
Some of you long time GTPers might recognize me:lol:. I'm starting up a weekly racing night again. Quickly, here's how to tell if it's for you-
1)Winning or losing isn't a serious matter
2)You race as clean as you can but don't get upset when mistakes are made
3)Just want to enjoy a lighthearted evening of racing without it being a smash up derby
4)Are able to keep cursing and obscenities in check (it's racing, it's gonna happen - just do your best!)

If you're still reading, here is what is on the table for the first night at 7pm ET (I'll be on a bit earlier)

1969 Chevrolet Camaro vs 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Please don't adjust the weight on EITHER car

The tracks tonight are -
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center (10 laps)
Kyoto Driving Park (Myabi)
Willow Springs - Horse Thief Mile (8 laps)

Then, since we are driving old American cars which sorta came out of Nascar, a little throwback fun
Colorado Springs - Lake (5 laps)

I'm Bic44 on the PS4. I really hope enough join to make this a regular event!:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Last edited:
I like both of those cars. The Gordini is pretty good stock, though I've driven it more on SS tires. Anyway, I could be down for this. What do you have scheduled as the first night? Did you host anything yesterday?

I like both of those cars. The Gordini is pretty good stock, though I've driven it more on SS tires. Anyway, I could be down for this. What do you have scheduled as the first night? Did you host anything yesterday?
Nope, I opened a room in case, but nobody joined. I'm gonna push for next week!

Nope, I opened a room in case, but nobody joined. I'm gonna push for next week!

Well, if you set a hard date/time, hit me up. I’m normally done by 7:00, but could squeeze in a race or two at that hour. Tag me just in case.

Well, if you set a hard date/time, hit me up. I’m normally done by 7:00, but could squeeze in a race or two at that hour. Tag me just in case.
The plan is to jump on at 6ET (11 BST I believe?) and warm up a bit, inuding a little warm up race so everyone can get a feel for the cars if they haven't practiced. And then start the first race at at exactly 7 ET. I'll update my post later today to show all this

The plan is to jump on at 6ET (11 BST I believe?) and warm up a bit, inuding a little warm up race so everyone can get a feel for the cars if they haven't practiced. And then start the first race at at exactly 7 ET. I'll update my post later today to show all this

I've added your thread to my watch list.

I know we spoke briefly on PSN and I had mentioned the Saturday league I run, which is in the top link of my signature.

Hey all, hope we can get some people to join. Actual racing starts in about 12 hours from this post. But the room will be set up earlier for practice and possibly seeing if we can get one of these to do a burnout:lol:. Send me a FR!

Hey all, hope we can get some people to join. Actual racing starts in about 12 hours from this post. But the room will be set up earlier for practice and possibly seeing if we can get one of these to do a burnout:lol:. Send me a FR!

I can at least get some practice time in.

Alright, some classic American muscle tonight. Hope you can join. Please don't adjust the weight of whatever car you're driving!

Are you going to switch tuning off then? If not, maybe set a power and weight limit?
So, I can't unfortunately turn off tuning. Mustang tops out too quickly so transmission needs adjusted. Power will be limited to 302 hp. Other than that, it's gonna have to be an on-your-honor system. I wish we had more options on GT....more like GT6

So, I can't unfortunately turn off tuning. Mustang tops out too quickly so transmission needs adjusted. Power will be limited to 302 hp. Other than that, it's gonna have to be an on-your-honor system. I wish we had more options on GT....more like GT6

That works for me. I have tunes for both cars, so this should be okay.

Last edited:
Back