weds celica gt

i've just acquired the weds & was wondering wtf is up with the "tach bounce" from start to 'bout 100mph? it seems like a good car & i want to experiment with it, but i can't figure out wtf is wrong with this damn thing, i messed with gear ratio's, tires, spring rates, aerodynamics, etc. HELP!

Well I've never driven this one, but my guess is that it doesn't have enough traction off the start. You're probly flooding the accelerator, wheels are spinning, and the engine is hitting its rev-limiter again and again. Very few Front-drive cars do this; I know that the Intrepid does once it is fully-loaded past 400 hp...you need lots of power, basically...enough to transfer weight straight off the front wheels!

Some things you might want to try: go into the gear set-up page and make 1st gear as tall as possible (put the slider all the way to the left...the lower the number, the lower the engine will spin). You can also lower the final gear, too; although if you do this too much, you'll notice your car may start to struggle out of 1st gear.

You can also try raising the rear spring rates & damper settings so that weight transfer to the back of the Celica is minimized during hard acceleration, though if you do this too much, the car may start to dance around a bit during the rest of the race over bumps and stuff.

And last: you might wanna just try not giving the car full throttle! Many high-powered cars can't handle it. I often start off with half-throttle or less off the start mark when racing something with gobs of torque. It's just more realistic. Once the Celica is safely in 2nd gear, THEN you can mash the accelerator!

Last edited:
That's exactly how I drive high-powered cars. Cars like the Oreca Viper are both easier to handle and easier on the tires when you don't mash the gas down in first and second. The best way is to squeeze on the gas, starting with about half-throttle and then pushing to full throttle steadly over about 2 seconds or so.

it's not bouncing off of the rev-limiter, it starts vibrating about 5000 rpm & barely accelerates past that point. it's hard to describe whats happening here, but i've owned ALOT of cars & have turned them all, me & my friends have never seen anything like it, i even tried cleaning the disk.

SadisticS13
it's not bouncing off of the rev-limiter, it starts vibrating about 5000 rpm & barely accelerates past that point. it's hard to describe whats happening here, but i've owned ALOT of cars & have turned them all, me & my friends have never seen anything like it, i even tried cleaning the disk.

That could be a lack of low-end torque or gear ratios that are set to wide (set for top speed as opposed to acceleration) for the car. Maybe excessive downforce or LSD/TCS/ASC settings. (Limited slip, traction control, and active stability ;))

I'll try out my Weds Celica and see if I have the same issue. Don't remember having one, though.

Back