Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,666 comments

GlockPants

Premium
United States
United States
GlockPants
I haven't seen any topics started about this yet. So I guess I'll start.

Update 1.40 has brought us Weekly Challenges.

Here is this week's.

18b909334d72-screenshotUrl.jpg

The races seem to pay out the standard amount for each event (CRB is available, too), plus ticket rewards for completing 1, 3, or all 5 races.

Feel free to discuss vehicles used for each event or if you're having any difficulty with a particular event, or maybe even a challenging/fun car combination you tried!

Total credits you can earn if you are 1st place in each race.

1. European FR Challenge 550 at Nurburgring GP - 25,000

2. Pickup Truck Race at Lake Louise - 50,000

3. Porsche 911 GT3 RS One Make at Laguna Seca - 81,000

4. Nissan GT-R Cup at Deep Forest - 68,000

5. Ferrari Circuit Challenge at Dragon Trail - 90,000

Complete 1 event - 100,000 ticket

Complete 3 events - 200,000 ticket

Total: 614,000

CRB isn't factored here. The 5 star ticket doesn't guarantee any credits, so I'm not counting it, either. Mine was a Bugatti invite, which I needed!

Took about an hour for me to come in first in every event. In the 911 RS event, it smashes on everything else if you just add some race tires.

Last edited:
CRB isn't factored here. The 5 star ticket doesn't guarantee any credits, so I'm not counting it, either. Mine was a Bugatti invite, which I needed!
5 star tickets have invites now? Is that new? I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one other than with a 4 star ticket.

Total credits you can earn if you are 1st place in each race.

1. European FR Challenge 550 at Nurburgring GP - 25,000

2. Pickup Truck Race at Lake Louise - 50,000

3. Porsche 911 GT3 RS One Make at Laguna Seca - 81,000

4. Nissan GT-R Cup at Deep Forest - 68,000

5. Ferrari Circuit Challenge at Dragon Trail - 90,000

Complete 1 event - 100,000 ticket

Complete 3 events - 200,000 ticket

Total: 614,000

Took about an hour for me to come in first in every event. In the 911 RS event, it smashes on everything else if you just add some race tires.
I got the Audi E-Tron VGT. If i wanted to sell the car the valuation service gives me 502000 credits.

5 star tickets have invites now? Is that new? I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one other than with a 4 star ticket.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's the first time I've seen an invite from a 5 star, too.

I doubt I would have gone near that event had the Weekly Challenge not pulled me in, which IMO is what these things are all about.
This is why I like them, too. It would be nice if there was an additional pay bonus for the individual events during the week they're featured. Not a huge gripe, but it would probably help keep the standard grind races out of people's rotations.

This is why I like them, too. It would be nice if there was an additional pay bonus for the individual events during the week they're featured. Not a huge gripe, but it would probably help keep the standard grind races out of people's rotations.

Well, guess what? On my new gameplay loop I've found a solution to this. If you set up a Custom Race with the same settings (or as close as you can get), you'll find the payouts higher there. The races are probably a little harder, but as far as I've tested they pay better.

Do special events like this week Porsche one-make stay in the game or disappear until who knows?
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. But the consensus seems to be that it will only last for this week's challenges.

I guess we'll find out when the next week's challenges arrive.

Surprisingly for me who is mostly a Sport player these days I enjoyed this new format.

It some how makes meh events feel like something more interesting and takes the focus away from the meagre credits.

The standouts definitely the snow truck race and the GT3 at Laguna.

Nurbs GP was cool but about 5 laps to short

Note to self: must put the difficulty back to the top one as on easy it's really really really bad!

Last edited:
For this week:

Races: (No new special challenges this week)
  • Sunday Cup Classic at Maggiore Center
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 at Lake Louise Short
  • American Clubman Cup 700 at Laguna Seca
  • Porsche Cup at Nordschleife
  • WTC 800 at Fuji
Prizes for completion:
  • 1/5: Parts Ticket
  • 3/5: Cr.200,000 Credit Ticket
  • 5/5: 6-Star Car Ticket (gives random Brand Central cars priced Cr. 500k+)
Also note challenges cycle with your time zone, not server's.

Last edited:
Woooow... This weeks challenge is going to be very, very interesting.

Pretty disappointing they've already dropped the ball with it having an original event. It was really helping it carry the 'seasonal' spirit, even if it was just the one.
Too early to call this feature "disappointing". It's just the 2nd week we have this challenges.

Woooow... This weeks challenge is going to be very, very interesting.

Too early to call this feature "disappointing". It's just the 2nd week we have this challenges.
The feature isn't disappointing, their utilisation of it on the literal 2nd week is. It has good potential (as most of the game does) but to not bother with a unique event after the 1st week is a shame.

This week’s rewards are a Six-Star Roulette Ticket (Parts) — awarding rare and expensive tuning components — for completing any one event, a 200,000cr ticket for completing three and a brand-new item for completing all five. That’s a Six-Star Roulette Ticket (Car), and it remains to be seen precisely what this means but we’re expecting it to contain some high-value vehicles.
Given the only cars available from the plain-Jane verison of the 6-star ticket are those worth at least either 451,000 Cr. or 500,000 Cr. (at a 20% chance, I don't know if the 460,000-Cr. 2006 Ford GT or the 480,000-Cr. 2020 AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 are is part of this tier or the lower one, that the 6-star car ticket would have just expensive cars as valid prizes would be a safe assumption.

The usual suspects also don't have any information on the new 6-star car ticket, at least on the platform formerly known as Twitter. Also, nobody, as of this typing, has reported a car ticket in our roulette prize log.

Edit - the 2006 Ford GT, as an original Menu Book prize car, is not one that can be won from roulette tickets. Still don't know about the 2020 AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3.

Last edited:
Small typo at the start of the article @Famine. "So" should be "some". You're going to be writing more than ever now. With this, the time trials and Monday dailies.

Small typo at the start of the article @Famine. "So" should be "some".
No, it's as intended. "As... so..." is a fun little structure I occasionally use - in essence meaning that when a thing happens another thing also happens as a consequence (although it also has other uses too, comparing two things that are similar in magnitude for example).
You're going to be writing more than ever now. With this, the time trials and Monday dailies.
Yeah, the thought occured that we've never actually covered the time trials, and very much probably ought to, so that is going to be fun.

Especially as FH5 season changes and FM featured events also both happen on Thursdays.

Latest Posts

Back