Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,925 comments
Please note the next set of ‘Weekly Challenges’ will be released on Friday, 8 March.
They are both skipping a week and changing the day for the next set. If it stays as a Friday, it wouldn't surprise me if this is them realising they couldn't use fresh update content in the challenges for a whole week when it was on a Thursday.

Just the sound of it :indiff:
It has a sound?

sign language sound GIF by Sign with Robert

For the WTC800 at Watkins I did 1 pit stop and VERY CAREFULLY entered the pit lane, making sure I entered from the beginning and stayed between the whi… I mean yellow lines. As soon as I exited the pits and got control back, I got a 3 second penalty. :confused:

Is this a bug or something? If not, how on earth do I do a clean pit stop at Watkins?

They are both skipping a week and changing the day for the next set. If it stays as a Friday, it wouldn't surprise me if this is them realising they couldn't use fresh update content in the challenges for a whole week when it was on a Thursday.
That is interesting, makes me wonder is update is going to be on februrary 29th

For the WTC800 at Watkins I did 1 pit stop and VERY CAREFULLY entered the pit lane, making sure I entered from the beginning and stayed between the whi… I mean yellow lines. As soon as I exited the pits and got control back, I got a 3 second penalty. :confused:

Is this a bug or something? If not, how on earth do I do a clean pit stop at Watkins?
I also got a 0.5s penalty somewhere around the pit lane on this one. The track limits here are confusing, to say the least.

weekly-challenge-cars-202402w4-edited.jpg

Got the first four out of the way this morning:

Road Atlanta: Picked the '06 Viper because I'd never driven it. Didn't make any changes. It was a much better drive than I was expecting. Easy win and CRB.
Nurburgring: Teslas again. Ugh. Finished P2. Not about to try again.
Maggiore: Tried the Cappuccino as practice for the upcoming Nations Cup race. Ran it stock, except for the required CS tires. Spent most of the race struggling to get into P15. Picked up a few spots at the end when all the AIs slow down to let you catch up, but only got P12. Went back and tried a second time with the Copen. I can't remember if it it's modified at all. Did much better, but still not a win. Finished P3.
Catalunya: Hadn't driven Carrera before. Nice car. Just ran it stock, with SH tires, which require braking earlier, something I forgot a couple times, driving myself into the sand. Still managed a P2 finish. Good enough.

Makes me wonder if the fact that there is a February 29th will break something, so they're skipping it out...
I like to make wildly positive assumptions. I'm assuming that they are going to drop an insane Leap Year Update that day that does more than just allow us to buy the Bvlgari VGT. I'm thinking we'll get an Air Jordan VGT. A flying Delorean. Monaco track. Spotter in VR. Who needs new weekly challenges when you have all new toys to play with?

Ok, so I did all races...

Road Atlanta:used the Mustang Shelby GT350R 2016 because it was sitting in my garage and I hardly ever used it before...mostly stock, but i added all the aero parts and had SH tyres...easy win

Kei cars at Lago Maggiore: finished 1st with a slightly tuned up Cappucino(wit 387PP), taking the lead in very last corner

Catalunya: Used the Carrera GTS (904) 1964(one of my favorite cars in this game) with SS tyres and some tuning...finished 2nd

Watkins Glen:finished 3rd with the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, one stop strategy and RHs

...and I did this other race which I don't want to mention any further, finshed 3rd

Last edited:
Second account cars were:

Race 1 at Road Atlanta: Stock C7 Gr.3 Road car. Easy 1st place but watch out for the curbs. This car spins up the tires at any speed if you touch them.

Race 2 at Nurburgring Sprint: Stock Tesla Model 3. Took first place after an aggressive braking move in to the last turn.

Race 3 at Lago Maggiore: Honda S660 tuned for the Human Comedy Kei Car Mission. Easy win but long race in such slow cars.

Race 4 at Catalunya: Stock Porsche Taycan Turbo S. 3rd place. Very fast in a straight line but it takes a country mile to stop this thing.

Race 5 at Watkins Glen: M3 GT ‘11. Modded with the high RPM turbo, racing transmission and RM tires. 3rd place. Not a bad car but was about a second off the pace from the leaders. One stopper.

I used these cars this week.

18dd218559b90-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

@zaxs we have good taste for Road Atlanta!

The Tesla does not get along very well on the Sprint layout. Blue Moon Bay was much better.

My Cappuccino was hardly stock. This race was originally why I tuned up that car, but it has been ages since I had completed it. So I dusted it off for an easy win.

The Porsche was also modified. Fun race. Again, another car I used heavily when I was new to GT7.

Watkins Glen was straight forward. FM1 with RM tires, pit at the end of Lap 5. Easy win.

All prizes received without issue.

Next please!

Easy enough, quite like the WTC 800 races because you can use so many different cars in them. K-Car Cup was a little weird in that it had to be CS tyres, would've liked it we could've used CM instead as it would've opened up using a few more cars for me. Prizes being just credits is nice enough, I think I like it when it's two credit prizes and the 6 star car ticket the most though.

Cars for this week:
full

Good news everyone. There's no Tesla race next week! :lol:

Another Thursday and with it another set of weekly challenges.

These are the cars I used
20829577290415213.jpg

20829334571886726.jpg

The Porsche Cup was kind of a let down. I drove a Carrera GT there and, for me at least, it is a car that I expected more. It didn't feel special as it should be.

The funny thing is that the Viper GTS '02 that I took to the American Sunday Cup even though it costs millions less, it drives in a much more special way. It has more of a signtaure if that makes sense. Bringing more pleasure to drive as a consequence.

* The Tesla livery is not mine. All credits due to the livery creator.

I used:

American Sunday Cup 600 - Charger SRT hellcat '15 @596pp. Comfort soft tyres so its a handful but fun
Special Event - Obvious, meh.
Lightweight Kei Cup = Honda S660 '15 @ 399pp.
Porsche Cup - Cayman GT4 '16 @647pp. Fun race this one
World Touring Car 800 - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 (Group2) @797pp. Race medium tyres, FM4 until Lap 7 or so when I changed to FM3. No stop, tyres were done at the end but won by over a minute.

All pretty straigthforwards, sadly I now have a Tesla lurking in the garage to avoid me having to keep buying one.

Shame there are no races next week, inclined to agree its due to the leap day, shame they couldn't put them in on the Friday instead..

Last edited:
This weeks weapons of choice:
Used the S600 I originally used when I did this race last year:
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East End Reverse__2 by 2cam16, on Flickr
The boring race in my car with new livery and bumper sticker:
Nürburgring Sprint_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Mustang GT for RA. I'll try it with something less lethal:
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Porsche race got interesting. First tried it with a detuned Clubsport but could only muster third only because I overdrove in the last two laps trying to catch P1 and P2. Went for my twitchy pink car and won it:
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
My trusty R5 did a repeat of a win when I did this race originally. Started at FM6 and lowered it as the laps went by. No pit as always. It was over at the end of lap 4.
Watkins Glen Long Course__1 (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Back