Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,691 comments
Not a good run this time, but it was fun.
  • European Clubman Cup - RUF CTR-3 đź”°
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • Hypercar Parade - Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • VGT Trophy - Chaparral 2X
  • WTC700 - Genesis G70 Gr. 4 đź”°

Rewards:
  • 10k from 3-Star Daily
  • Stroke-Up S for Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
  • Dupe Lexus RC-F GT500
That's funny, I used the same cars except for the Gr.4 event where I used my "Daily Race B" Lancer Evo.

Here's this week's weapons of choice:
I had deja-vu because I just did this race yesterday so of course had to use the same car. Clio. This time though Gallo was more aggressive than yesterday so it was a fight until the end and just nipped him at the line:
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Battered and bruised at Fisherman's but got the win. Mostly stock except for suspension and ecm mod:
Fishermans Ranch__6 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Used my Lexus VGT for Interlagos. That was a close one. Won by around 8 secs.:
AutĂłdromo de Interlagos_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
My 911(992) on RS was an easy one. Here being seen drifting as I entered too hot. lol I'll probably return to this race:
Trial Mountain Circuit__1 (7) by 2cam16, on Flickr
I'm glad Laguna was in this week's list. My home track (2 hours south) which I've driven on numerous times and also spectated. So only fitting to have a photo at T4, one of my favorite hang-out turns when I spectate. Made it an exciting one using my Z. Only won by 2.5secs over the Swift:
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_ (8) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Got this (which I don't own yet)with the ticket:
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329164650 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Did two of the races today before returning to grinding and dailys

997 gt3 for the clubman, always a pleasure to drive
911 gt1 for the hypercar parade, first time using it

I'm not a fan of suvs or dirt races, so working up the courage to purchase the Urus and take care of the special event.

Had to do Fisherman's a couple of times to win, after tuning the Lambo, a lot!
Other races were fine.
First gift was a 6-star parts ticket which gave me a carbon prop shaft worth Cr. 8,000 :grumpy:
Second ticket for Cr 150k, and last a car ticket which gave me an NSX type R '02 that I sold for about Cr.285k (I think, forgot already!).
Not a bad haul really.
Did much better with the new extra menu in the cafe - already had all three Jags and the prize was a Jag D-Type which I sold for over 3 million! Chuffed.

If anyone looking for an easy win with the 10 lap race, the Nissan GT-R Gr. 3 will do 10 laps with no stops on FM 6. By lap 10 have 2 laps left so can drop FM back down.

Last edited:
My races and rewards this week:

European Clubman Cup at Blue Moon Bay - Porsche Carrera GT, fully tuned on SS tyres. A handful but an easy win.

Hypercar Parade at Trial Mountain - Ferrari VGT, first, but abandoned the race because I got to the lead in 1 lap and found it too easy. Switched to my Sardegna-tuned F8 Tributo instead, which still stomped the field but took three laps to get the lead.

VGT Trophy at Interlagos - Alpine VGT '17 detuned to meet reqs. Easy win in the end (about 13s lead). Love driving this car!

WTC700 at Laguna Seca - Honda NSX Gr.3, detuned to meet reqs. Too easy. No-stop race on RH tyres and won by over 40s.

Saved the Urus event for last. Bought a black one, strapped on some dirt tyres. Won by about 16s. Fun to drive around the dirt in this thing, but way too easy!

Rewards:

3-star daily gave me a dupe Lexus RC-F - sold for not a lot.
6-star Parts ticket gave me a High Lift Cams S for Maserati Gran Turismo S.
6-star Car ticket gave me a Porsche 917 Living Legend. I've already got one from whej i bought the game, but I kept this one because I can.

After winning the 917 Living Legend and the cams for the Maserati, I think I'll revisit the Hypercar Parade and European Clubman Cup in those two cars respectively. Also, after seeing @2cam16 Nissan Z GT4 build above, I think I fancy trying my own - maybe an engine swapped Mazda Atenza Road Car?

Last edited:
The Urus is entirely viable for the first four races :lol: I had to short-shift at 4.5k to win WTC700 (more after my stop, because the AI razzed it down the pit lane) but won by 20s...
For the WTC700 I shifted at 5.25k for the majority of the race to do a one stop.

Then used the Urus for the other races

Last edited:
I don't know if it's still possible, but if you want a challenge, try to win the Interlagos event with this car:
UPQdmWH.jpg

Screenshot from May 27, 2022. Won that race by 0.141s. followed by a close 3rd (0.371s) and 4th place (0.641s)
I tried this and only managed 2nd, it is still possible though

18e8f314cd284-screenshotUrl.jpg

weekly-challenge-2024-03w5-cars.jpg

Another chance to try some cars that were sitting in my garage never driven. With the exception of the Gr.4 Alfa, this was my first time out with these cars. I put soft tires on most of them, but otherwise left them stock.

Blue Moon Bay - I was too busy figuring out how to drive this track in reverse to pay too much attention to how the car handles, but it easily got me to the front, so I guess it must be decent.

Fishermans Ranch - The Urus is surprisingly fun in the dirt. I enjoyed this race, even though I've completely forgotten how to drive around the kink in the back straight and nearly ended up putting the car on its side both times through.

Trial Mountain - I'm afraid I broke the no-contact rule on this one -- and missed out on the CRB as a result. Enjoyed driving the Vulcan, and it took me to any easy win.

Interlagos - That Lambo VGT is a monster. I was way ahead going into the final lap when I forgot to brake early at T1. Ended up on the green stuff, then crossed the track into the other green stuff, and back again on the other side. The game wasn't happy about that and reset me back at the Senna Esses, behind two other cars. I managed to pass one of them for a P2 finish. Good enough.

Laguna Seca - I went for a no-pit strategy on this one. I picked the 4C because it is amazing on tires. I ran on RH tires, though I feel I could easily have made RMs last the full race. I had to do some fairly aggressive short shifting to get the fuel to last the whole race. All of the other cars made pit stops, making for an easy win.

From my parts ticket, I won High Lift Camshaft S for the BMW M2 Competition '19.

The car ticket gave me the Mazda LM55 car (not the Gr.1 variant), which I didn't have. Nice.

I ran the first couple races in the main account last night:

Race 1 at Blue Moon Infield Reverse: Lightly tuned AMG Safety car - 596.68pp - 1st place. This is a really fun race with this car. I only put on a full control computer to buff the PP level, but with those stock tires you power slide through pretty much every turn. The car is really easy to break loose and control though. So it’s super fun. Tough race to win with this setup but super rewarding. Video to follow.

20970331882145262.jpg

20970638331749582.jpg

Race 3 at Trial Mountain: Stock Ferrari FXX - easy 1st Place. Good car but silly because it has, like, negative downforce on the front end. That can be fun on something like Kyoto with known hills but Trial Mountain has all sorts of bumps and little unknown hills that causes this car to launch in to space. Still won by 30 seconds.

20970948749818788.jpg

Last edited:
My likely picks for if I do all five events:

Special Event - Lamborghini Urus
European Clubman Cup 600 - Ferrari 458 Italia
VGT Trophy - Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Hypercar Parade - Ferrari 458 Italia
WTC 700 - Ford Mustang Gr.4

Last edited:
I don't have much time this week, so much overtime at work. I crashed my way through last night. No attempt at CRB on any just wanted to score the tickets. I'll go back and replay for sure though.

I didn't love the Urus. Maybe I'm driving it wrong but it just wasn't that enjoyable. I do like how hard it pulls out of a corner, though.

The Alfa (historically my go to for GR4) was fun at Laguna.

918 is a hammer at TM.

Bugatti for the VGT race because meta (for me, of the cars I own).

Absolutely hating the urus and fisherman's ranch. It's a lag fest both the game and the car. Been at it for hours and spent a fortune on the car and upgrades. The track is awful and the car is awful,.not fun in any way at all.

Eventually got a 2nd and a 6 star car gift that didn't deliver much, a Peugeot.

Last edited:
Absolutely hating the urus and fisherman's ranch. It's a lag fest both the game and the car. Been at it for hours and spent a fortune on the car and upgrades. The track is awful and the car is awful,.not fun in any way at all.
I used Exeter's tune and the car was great. I have no lag on PS5. I hate this track but this race was fun.

These were the cars I used for this week's challenges.

18e9080bdd238-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Like others, I used the Urus for a couple races.

The Urus handled Blue Moon Bay well after fitting some Sport Soft tires. Perhaps unnecessary, but the car was surprisingly good. A predictable amount of braking oversteer and AWD grip to pull you through the corner.

After just finishing the Fisherman's Ranch CE, this race was pretty easy. Catch up to the leader at the end of Lap 1. I had to run twice for the win as the first race I had very bad landings on Lap 2.

The F1 is a pleasure to drive and provided an easy win at Trial Mountain.

The VGT Jaaaaag was a bit disappointing. On wheel, there didn't seem to be any FFB and since it is electric, there's no noise. Very drama free, which is not an experience you want from a Jaguar.

Cayman Clubsport at Laguna Seca, one stop for fresh Racing Soft tires and top off fuel. I don't really like how the Porsche handled this race. I managed 3rd with the Cayman, then revisited with the GT-One for a no stop race.

Parts ticket gifted some brakes for some car. Car ticket gifted me a Tomahawk S duplicate. Sold for 500K.

I didn't realise it could be tuned, and ran it stock - got into the lead at about 1/3 of the way through the second lap, and an easy run to the finish from there!

I feel like I'm the only person here that enjoyed flinging that Urus around Fisherman's Ranch. Certainly keeping it in 4th when the opponents were clearly a gear lower so that I could whizz past contributed to the experience.
It was fine. Not terrible there. It's got enough pull in a tall gear to really gain speed. The weight helps I think as well to keep it settled and stuck. Sucks over the jumps. Terribly. Other than that it's def an ok land yacht to fling in the dirt. Nothing spectacular about it in my opinion, though.

I certainly didn't enjoy the Urus race. The car was fine though, the track I actually like, but trying to weave through a dozen of those behemoths sailing all over the place two abreast and crashing into each other as well as walls... oh heck no. But I did get that attempted CRB in the end.

Ok, race 2 is done now, and it's been fun, definitely. I did always belong to those who enjoyed GT off-road racing. I understand a lot of what might feel strange about it, anyway, I never cared too much and I always did quite well on gravel, dirt and snow. That's why I've been looking forward to this challenge on Fisherman's Ranch in the Urus, the unavoidable ... :lol: unavoidable, just like Thanos.
It's not the car I'd automatically think of when it comes to Rally racing, however, I was pleasantly surprised of how quick it was and how good handling and car behavior were - it's not a Group B, but I got used to it quickly and had a blast then.
And I will not forget to mention that, after learning the hard way how to avoid AI cars best, my fifth race attempt gave me a CRB. :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240330155214.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240330172747.jpg

For those who are interested :
I used the stock car ( again ) - no special setup or upgrade is needed to win this race. I got in the lead at the beginning of lap two driving uphill after that first jump. Trial Mountain here I come ...

@Greycap ... You're so right about the AI behavior. :lol:

Last edited:
Well...I would have posted earlier, but I was not happy that I didn't win at least 4 of the events so I went back and won them all! So here's what I used for this weekly (hard AI + PSVR2) with these vehicles;

Screenshot_2024-03-30-01-26-47-187~2.jpeg

• First of all I took a lightly modified Audi R8 4.2 '07 - I purposely chose this R8 over the new one because I like the look of this one more and it was below the recommended PP - it was only lightly modified with widebody and aero, street suspension, ECU at 99% power, LSD and racing brake pads, and close ratio low transmission - this worked a charm at blue moon bay, helping me secure the victory! (This was also the ones I had to redo, as my original result was 2rd due to not having the acceleration of the low range gearbox
  • The urus was COMPLETELY STOCK, now I would have enjoyed this if it wasn't for the urus making me feel carsick...this is the only car I have experienced this with, I'm usually fine on this track with GrB machines for the record! Not much to say here other than this was easier than race 1
  • A FULLY MODIFIED (with ultimate parts, though with semi racing exhaust rather than full racing one) Alpine A110 with sport soft tyres, was an absolute joy to drive (also no engineswaps, the base engine is perfect) even if I admittedly forgot to give it a setup, it really wasn't needed haha. Won this one comfortably
  • Alpine VGT race mode on racing softs - now this was one of the two events I was initially unhappy with the result (2nd) because the Jaguar and Porsche VGT's are friggin rockets in a straight line, but I realised I wasn't really shifting early enough for this car's powerband (which is very odd unless you have driven the Suzuki VGT Gr3 or BMW M4 (+ Gr4 variant) - where you must shift super early to make the most of it, did cut turn 2 on 1st, 2nd and final laps, but stayed legit for every other lap. May have accidentally bumped the lead jaguar on the final lap before the final tight corner, wasn't intentional but it did help secure my win, probably my most scruffy victory yet in any of these weeklies
  • Suzuki Swift Gr4, stock performance (not BoP'd), racing hards - now my first few attempts of this race weren't too bad AT FIRST, but I noticed something...I wasn't making use of this car's real strength - it's lightness and fuel economy (the latter of which is by far it's best feature) so after many unsuccessful runs with only 1 2nd place (the rest past that have been 4th-6th after some terrible runs) I decided to COMPLETELY CHANGE STRATEGY - instead of doing one stop mediums, I thought I'd try no stop hards, and while I did have to use higher fuel maps initially I eventually just stayed ahead of the viper Gr4 that was hounding me on the final lap due to my worn tyres. But importantly I clinched the victory...and reminding me why I like this car so much.

Whew, this write up was longer than intended but oh well

Last edited:
Back