Weekly Race Series, Week 21 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 15 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Hey everyone.

Light turnout this week. I think that the TORC challenge is taking a few of us away. I know it is for me. I wish that there were more of you from GTP in that race series. Maybe next time though, I'll keep you guy's posted.

Anyway

ODP with a great time, sorry mate I couldn't run with you.

IDAFC21 and UB57 with a pretty close race!!! About .8 seconds difference over 2 laps is close! Good job. 👍

Congrats to suprajef for taking the top spot in the beginner division. Nice race man. 👍

PRO:

2’45.813 ODP
2’48.402 lotus350 Opel

Amateur:

2’46.080 IDAFC21 Lotus
2’46.816 UB57
2’47.636 noojra

Beginner:

2’48.431 suprajef
2’49.463 cinjun8 Opel
2’54.470 Der Alta
2’54.956 gearbrain

Damn only 9 :irked:

Nice time ODP 👍 and everyone else too! least you submitted an effort ;)

Let's hope Boom has in store a race that everyone will want to do this week.

yikes! very light turnout this week....i hope this doesnt continue into next week. ODP...wow, awesome time man

and here is my replay

Attachments

• idafc21 - lotus.sps
    37.9 KB · Views: 14
and heres my replay w/ the magical lap. On the first lap, right after the T3 mark, switch to the chase view, and look at the reverse angle (front of the car) as i take that right hander. Pay particular attention to the left front wheel. Dont blink cuz you'll miss it. haha, it just scrapes the edge of the dirt. tell me how that sucks! if i woulda been over just another couple centimeters, i woulda had a time that woulda beat ODP! hehe, the second lap was just awesome tho. i dont know what i was on, but i dont think i'll ever get close to that w/ that car again

Attachments

• idafc21 - elise 2\'45.780.sps
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
My replay is a state :lol: all over the track, wobbling and swerving to stay 2 wheels on etc .... I think it's clean :D :P

Attachments

• kel all over laguna.xps
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
Yup, very small turnout. Bummer.
As I have said, putting the laps together, that's the hard part.
My individual PBs are 1:25.656/ 1:18.800=2:44.456, but that dog won't hunt.:D

@boom: Good luck to you and MIH in TORC 10. Too bad Max & Mr. P had to drop out.

Posted the wrong replay and then didn't check "attach new" after deleting.

Attachments

• gt3rp_wk21_odeplace#2_ntsc_2_45_813.xps
    40.6 KB · Views: 9
@IDAFC21: I watched your replay and if were not for the puff of dirt, I'd call it good. I've been there and done that.:D
It sucks when a superb lap/race is tainted by a tiny mistake.
But, I feel better knowing that I am competing fairly. I'm sure you do too.:)

Damn another podium missed :irked: i bet when i run the next race ther will be 500 runners in the pro class..:lol:

Sorry everyone i was planning on running some laps yesterday ,but just couldn't get round to it...

Bo Yah I got another Podium :D He He

Great run UB and IDAFC, I you guys keep this up pretty soon I'll be the only one in the Amatures

Laterz

WOW:
:D Would rather get a podium with "A Full Roster", but we'll "Take 'em where we get 'em, EH???" Great times by all,👍 my nemisis this week was turn 4, but only on the SECOND Lap after I'd had a great first lap!!! Lost a couple 2'45s by driftin' off w/no one else even around me!
Did anyone else notice that the competition seems to get stronger as you progress??? At first there was a combo that had the Castrol NSX on the grid in 5th & offered an easy chance to dive into second behind the Jag in turn one. As my total times went down I NEVER drew these combos again. I got all LeMans cars w/some combos having 2-3 cars drafting thru turn 1. JMO
Well, on to Week #22...UB57
:D

Hi All,
Very nice time,suprajef!
I didnt find the best settings until about 2 hours before deadline,and it shows.I really need to learn the finer points of tuning,and racing up to the deadline s*cks.I got into the 48's while waiting for the results last night.Still not enough for first,though.
Congrats ODP,
and
Congrats IDAFC21
Very nice times by all!

Later,
cinjun8

Thanks Cinjun8, The setup for my Opel was Tight, I found the car to run better that way cause it was squirly to begin with. I softened the spring rates too! But I still wasnt able to get 2 good laps in, just one or the other! and 2.45.xx is just hauling that is fast! Congrats everyone. and what is this TORC thing boom is talking about?
later

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
@IDAFC21: I watched your replay and if were not for the puff of dirt, I'd call it good. I've been there and done that.:D
It sucks when a superb lap/race is tainted by a tiny mistake.
But, I feel better knowing that I am competing fairly. I'm sure you do too.:)

totally, like i said before, im no cheat, and if i think somthings questionable i wont use it...even if it is the best lap i'll ever get :mad: hehe. Yeah, when i saw that puff of dirt pop out I was about ready to cry....haha, that was SO close

Hi
I think its" Total Ozzie Racing Challenge".Most of the pro racers team up in pairs of two and race.
I hope to get involved with it at some time, but I need to get better at tuning,and learning all the tracks better.From some of the times I have seen there,I would get totally whomped on a weekly basis,and that wouldnt be good for my team mate either.
So when I get better,I will try it.

Later,
cinjun8

Even if i`m at the bottom it is a short list.I still had fun.I`m ready for the next race.Great times guys,wish i had the time and skill to catch you.

Back