Weekly Race Series, Week 27 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 28 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Damn fine job by everyone! 👍 Some great competition out there and a great turnout!

Mr. Holland takes the top honors in the Pro division! Narrowly beating out zer0h who came out of nowhere! Good job!

CarbonFiber Man with a spectacular time! This weeks overall winner. CFM has also earned himself a spot in the Pro division, well done man, you earned it. 👍

Jpec and Zboost with a really close battle happening in the Beginner division! Well done the both of ya, put some of those amateurs to shame. ;)

Excellent racing everyone!

PRO:

1.17.473 Mr. Holland
1.17.568 zer0h
1.18.486 IDAFC21
1.18.539 ODP
1.18.603 eggmann
1.18.665 GT3mich
1.18.994 NSZero
1.19.739 Venom77

AMATEUR:

1.17.002 CarbonFiber Man
1.17.967 T13R
1.18.356 Sough
1.19.239 PainGypsy
1.19.508 suprajef
1.19.832 noojra
1.20.178 Michael K
1.20.460 cinjun8
1.20.557 UB57
1.21.807 benh82

BEGINNER:

1.19.604 Jpec07
1.19.717 Zboost

If ya got a replay, post it up!

I'm sure that there are a lot of folks out there that would like to see CFM replay. zer0h, you got a replay to post?

Didn't relise i was in pro :cool:

Yeah ill post up a replay but not now im off to work in 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Nice race all :)

i kinda knew i wouldnt do so well, great job CFM, that is blazin!:eek:

Now you are one less i have to worry about!:D

well catcha later, now im off to bed!

That's what I get for coming in late. Congrats to the top finishers! :)

I should be able to give a bit better showing for the next one.

Originally posted by boombexus
Jpec and Zboost with a really close battle happening in the Beginner division! Well done the both of ya, put some of those amateurs to shame. ;)

ashamed.gif
*ashamed*

Like boom said great job everyone 👍

I'm sitting here, looking at my computer monitor and I'm speechless. Four guys in the 1'17's. :eek: Nice driving everyone. I knew CFM's time already, it was up at RL before he put up his blistering time that has everyone a buzzzz, but three more!!

Well I guess I caused a little ruckuss this week, I had this feeling that I might take the overall but I was worried about Made In Holland, I thought he woulda cracked the 1'16s, I was almost there but gave up. When I saw some people questioning my 1'14 over at Racing Line, I was half pissed off and half flattered. So when I went to work last night, I decided to take over 2 more firsts on Seattle II,I was just ON FIRE there all week! So now I have first place in 4WD, FWD and Rear engine RWD. Take a look, I'm pretty stoked about all three at once!And I should be able to get the Front/RWD (denso) top spot with a little work, I've already got a run in the top 3 saved. AND I PROMISE THEY WILL ALL BE GREEN TICKED JUST LIKE 100% of my times are at R/L.:D

Anyway enough bragging,I'm also glad to be moving up to the pros finally.:embarrassed: I'll probably be back in Ameteur in 2 weeks:lol: I hope I can still give you all a run for your money this week because the Skylines are my least favorite car for some reason.

Here's my replay for this week's run:

Attachments

• carbonfiber man week 27 race.sps
    44.6 KB · Views: 18
Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Well I guess I caused a little ruckuss this week, I had this feeling that I might take the overall but I was worried about Made In Holland, I thought he woulda cracked the 1'16s, I was almost there but gave up. When I saw some people questioning my 1'14 over at Racing Line, I was half pissed off and half flattered. So when I went to work last night, I decided to take over 2 more firsts on Seattle II,I was just ON FIRE there all week! So now I have first place in 4WD, FWD and Rear engine RWD. Take a look, I'm pretty stoked about all three at once!And I should be able to get the Front/RWD (denso) top spot with a little work, I've already got a run in the top 3 saved. AND I PROMISE THEY WILL ALL BE GREEN TICKED JUST LIKE 100% of my times are at R/L.:D

Anyway enough bragging,I'm also glad to be moving up to the pros finally.:embarrassed: I'll probably be back in Ameteur in 2 weeks:lol: I hope I can still give you all a run for your money this week because the Skylines are my least favorite car for some reason.

Here's my replay for this week's run:

Well done,... the sharkport goes along way in determining the line between "should I be pissed or flattered",... if your more flattered than pissed, everything should work out great ;) 👍

Good time BTW :cool:

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
Well done,... the sharkport goes along way in determining the line between "should I be pissed or flattered",... if your more flattered than pissed, everything should work out great ;) 👍

Good time BTW :cool:

Well, I wasn't too upset, because I knew I had the proof. The first thing I did when I started running OLR's 6 months ago was buy a Sharkport. Not only do you get to prove those great runs, it comes in handy watching other peoples techniques, not to metion the sweet MKS Garage Editor program. I highly recommend picking one up if anybody doesn't have one yet.:cool:

Great time there CFM 👍... couldnt you have been in PRO already? :banghead: Well atleast I placed in front of Sough, which is basically never the case in the F1 gran turismo driving league. Gotcha for once there bud! Nice racing to everyone. A replay will be posted up as soon as I get my lazy ass off this chair to hook up the PS2 to comp.

<< MUST GET A SHARKPORT!

I'm SO glad you are moving up to Pro's CFM ;) I had no idea you were in my class! :( heh, Glad I am not at the bottom of the class and I would have gotten a podium if CFM was in pros already. I'm rambling... must drink coffee... This was a lot of hard work and I can't wait to get started on the next one! Great Race all!!!

Here is my NTSC xport replay:

Attachments

• t13r seattle ii - zzii - 1.17.967.xps
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
here's my replay. I honestly thought my time would've been better, had I not messed up on a couple corners after the hairpin...

Well done to CFM and MIH for their cracking runs well cannot say much for myself atleast im not the worst i hope
Post my replay later tonight
Well done to all racers:D

Laters

Heres my replay

MiH could you post your replay if its no problem, not becuase i dont trust your time but i wanna see how you were taking the part just after T1.

Attachments

• wr27_1.17.568_zer0h.xps
    45.3 KB · Views: 11
Wow, im kinda surprised by my third place finish (4th overall)...really didnt think i'd be up that high this week. I really only had 3 or 4 good sessions of working on it this week, and they wernt even that long, my previous clean save was a 1'19.9 i got in the very beggining and that 1'18.4 was the ONLY other clean save i'd got since i started. I got that about 10:30 last night and probably would've continued, except my friends washing machine blew up and started leaking water everywhere, so that kinda put a damper on the racing :lol: Anyways, great racing to all, anc CFM :eek: awesome time man, you certainly deserve that pro rank

Hi All,
Congrats CFM! Taking Seattle to task,AND entering Pro division,Well Done!
I am surprised to not finish last this week,I only did 35 laps total.
Nice racing everyone,good to see new people here.
Later,
cinjun8

Originally posted by IDAFC21
Wow, im kinda surprised by my third place finish (4th overall)...really didnt think i'd be up that high this week. I really only had 3 or 4 good sessions of working on it this week, and they wernt even that long, my previous clean save was a 1'19.9 i got in the very beggining and that 1'18.4 was the ONLY other clean save i'd got since i started. I got that about 10:30 last night and probably would've continued, except my friends washing machine blew up and started leaking water everywhere, so that kinda put a damper on the racing :lol: Anyways, great racing to all, anc CFM :eek: awesome time man, you certainly deserve that pro rank
You're 6th overall :irked: Heh my 1'17.9 was about the same. Couldnt get anything clean and all of a sudden bam! It was done. Didnt try improving it after saturday tho.

I wish I could see your replay zer0h :( because i think we have very similar T2 times.. but then u just took a whole 4 tenths off my time (.399)

Well, Ive gotta be honest...

The shark port now means everything to me.

I would have put down my current best lap and turned in my time. (even though I gave up on the race several days ago, for this reason...)

I put down a 1.19.4?? but, like I said, the port is everything to me now.

So with my ps2 not playing blue backed disc (which Im working on) I cant post a replay.

Hence, Im not turning in a time.

Let it be known to all...

if you dont post a replay for a "fast" time, then almost any "shark porter" out there is gonna have doubts about the honesty of your time.

I give the benefit of the doubt to all, so dont start sweating yet. (as if my opinion even matters :D )

Still! go get yourself a sharkport.

You can get them at best buy as long as you have a couple of spare bucks.

great job cfm.

When we first started this stuff, you were right on my tail or vice versa... now Im just worried about keeping up.

You as well as several others have progressed well.

but the bottom line for this odd and incoherient post... get a sharkport, prove your times. (really thats only important for the top racers.)

Regardless of anything above... good job everyone, the weekly's starting to get those old days turn outs we so badly needed.

btw, who was it that tried to predict the top ten... I would say those were hard predictions.

Im sorta wishing I could have posted my replay and time this week too... I would have pulled that second to last in pro spot.

catch ya next week, if I can get this disc to read :irked:
1.19.4 :irked: not up to my standards

My T2 was a 49.2, i was mistaken, out of about 10x48.9 none were fast or clean :( I ran a 1'17.094 with a T2 of 49.1 which was dirty before T2 :banghead: so if you can keep your nerves from nocking off a wall in the last section, some very nice times are possible.

Yep! Very :cool: indeed there CFM!

Well done on your placings at Racing line!

I'd also like to say again that everyone here did a hell of a job. 👍

boom, what happened? You posted those *awesome* settings for us, then never posted a time. Did you just not get your time sent in by the deadline? :lol:

Originally posted by boombexus
Yep! Very :cool: indeed there CFM!

Well done on your placings at Racing line!

I'd also like to say again that everyone here did a hell of a job. 👍
thanks to YOUR settings :cheers:

Originally posted by eggmann
boom, what happened? You posted those *awesome* settings for us, then never posted a time. Did you just not get your time sent in by the deadline? :lol:

:lol:

I didn't have a day off last week so I didn't have time to run it other than the night I came up with the race.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I also wanted to add that I'm glad we've got a large group of racers this week! Hope all of you newer guys stay awhile. Also noticed Noorja back in the battle, good to see you back as well.

P.S. Ramon from Racing Line sent asked for verification for my 3 Seattle II runs. Little did he know I sent them in earlier this morning.:lol: Those guys don't mess around over there, I like it.:)

I got a chance to watch your replay CFM and all I can say is you were unlucky not to get like 1'16.4 It was a really nice lap to look at. You were abit down on the first sector, and u did a slight mistake on the left curve right before T2. So if you would have nailed it right, it would of been around 1'16.4 Once again excellent lap time CFM! 👍

Originally posted by T13R
I got a chance to watch your replay CFM and all I can say is you were unlucky not to get like 1'16.4 It was a really nice lap to look at. You were abit down on the first sector, and u did a slight mistake on the left curve right before T2. So if you would have nailed it right, it would of been around 1'16.4 Once again excellent lap time CFM! 👍
Thanks, I was hoping to get into the 1'16's for the weekly, but after spending all that time PLUS 4-5 hours for the 956 HP run, 6+ hours on the RUF CTR run :eek: and another hour on the Citroen Xsara run, I was a bit tired of Seattle II:D I think I'm not goig to do nearly as well this week though.:embarrassed:

P.S. All my times got green ticked at R-L today,as promised:D

Back