Weekly Race Seris, Week 52 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 26 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Well everyone, a year of the WRS! I hope that it's around for another year.

I'd like to congratulate GoKents on his new promotion to host and moderator of this forum and the Weekly. :)

On to the racing.

Some really amazing times out there! Good work by all.

IforceV8 with a blistering run and ODP nipping at his heels. Great race. I'd love to see those replays. I'd also like to welcome back Wastegate. It's been since Week 10 (I think?) since he last raced with us. Welcome back. ;)

Congrats to Redline Fox takes the win in Div. 2 by nudging out the always formidable UB57. Nice work.

scuderia229 mops up Div. 3. 👍 While HareTurtle takes 2nd spot by a frighteningly small margin to gt4. Nice race you two. :)

If you have a replay, please post it up. I'd really like to see those that are in the 1'14's.

Division 1

1.14.769 IforceV8
1.14.965 ODP
1.15.471 zer0h
1.15.560 CFM
1.16.281 Wastegate
1.16.465 GoKents
1.16.543 danoff
1.16.957 HeinrichII
1.18.193 eggmann
1.19.776 Famine

Division 2

1.17.443 Redline Fox
1.17.820 UB57
1.17.943 Talentless
1.18.183 BigJamesGTI
1.18.543 RSCosworth
1.19.057 Michael K

Division 3

1.18.778 scuderia229
1.20.046 HareTurtle
1.20.069 gt4
1.23.090 NielsG
1.24.048 oxygenuk
1.26.109 Rolfje

Congrats Iforce and ODP for breaking the 1'14's :) JUst squeezed past you there CFM :lol: Good race ;)

EDIT: And off course congrats to booms full year of weeklys :) Thanks again

Attachments

• bestlap_ca_787b_01.15.471_danny.xps
    45.8 KB · Views: 11
Oh man i think thats the closest ive ever been to anyone else. Oh well i got a podium thats what matters. (aside from having the thrill of breaking a controller on monaco)

Congratulations Iforce and to everyone who managed to submit a time. boom
I placed higher than anticipated. :D
The 787b is capable of a high 1:13 on a perfect lap at Cote, but you know how that goes.
That's the reason it was so frustrating and the reason I hated it.

See, Kent. I sucked it up and ran a race I hated. :) :) :)

Attachments

• ahl_wk52_odeplace#1_ntsc_1_14_965.xps
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
I am really ashamed of myself for not being able to do 1 lap out of 500km clean :embarrassed:

For what it's worth I managed a 1'16.6 with 1 touch on the turn at the the top of the hill going down to T1 :(

Awww, i posted my qualification time and time for this weeks race to boom last night. I guess I was too late. I would have come last anyways but i am gonna be in next week.

boom u put me in the wrong division my freind :lol: im division 2, but umm to everyone else i guess u can tell how much i dislike monaco :mad::lol:

well i guess as i was not included i might as well post my time: 126.548. How on earth do some of those guys get 114s? I thought that my lap was really fast. Obviously it could have been done faster but by 12 seconds??? wow. you guys are goooood!!. IforceV8 and ODP i am in AWE!!

Originally posted by zer0h
Congrats Iforce and ODP for breaking the 1'14's :) JUst squeezed past you there CFM :lol: Good race ;)

That's it, Im not giving away my progress anymore when we chat on Yahoo!:irked: ;)

Nice run to the podium guys....it's lonely down here in 4th place:embarrassed:

And to all the newer drivers, don't get discouraged, because this was one tough mutha. Probably one of the hardest ones yet.

P.S. Thanks Boom for a fun year.:D

Replay:

Attachments

• cfm 787b at cote 1.15.560.sps
    45.6 KB · Views: 9
Nice times there and congrats for all the podium finishers. I had really slow last sector but I´m so fed up with Monaco, that I didn't try to make it better. And great thanks to boom for putting races and results up week after week. 👍

1'14.xxx good lord. I thought winning times would be low 1'16.xx MAYBE a 1'15.9 something...1'14 yikes! Makes the 1'18 I was so proud of look rather sad. Oh well alot to learn.

I love Monte. Love it! Always have, probably my fave circuit in GT3. I also love the 787b, though not as much as I used to. I prefer cars around 500hp now-a-days and race cars in their stock form (R390, 787b, Gt-one). Thank god the 787b has performance almost like the F1 cars as far as turn in, though it likes to slide alot more.

I spent about 400miles driving last week at Monte. My best sectors being T1 20.5 and T2 56.9 but I couldn't hold a clean lap with those times. I had a 1'18.128 and it was clean except for the wall I pounded on the last right hander before the start/finish. I checked it over and over and over but it wasn't even a "I sorta hit the wall" it was a "I would have knocked the wall down if it was real life"...blah.....

I'm dying to look at some of these replays. Run against them too.

I ended up running Mr. P's MR settings almost completely other than I lowered the ride height in front slightly, soften the rear sway bar and added more TC. I also changed the gears around trying to do the "gear trick" but not sure I pulled it off.

So here is my replay. I think it is a valid file. I'd never know due to the REALLY lame datel software, it took me over an hour to figure out how to get this file out (intutive interface my ass, I design interfaces for a living...datel's is neither intiutive now functional...nor pretty for that matter). Now I gotta figure out how to load files ONTO my memory card, uggh.

Great racing this week. Good fun!

Attachments

• scuderia229_wk52_monte787b.xps
    48.7 KB · Views: 10
Those 1'14's are so amazing that I definetely need an xport! :)

I'm not discouraged, I'll be back next week! Thanks boom, congrats goKent!

Who's using a wheel? or better, are there times faster than 1'18 driven with a DS2? I can not control my car that good.

I noticed that front rideheight solves a lot of the cornering problems for me.

Great fun!
See ya next week!

7th place.... that's the worst finish for me in quite a while. I should have spent more time on this race.

1'14.... I figured as much. Not at first but when ODP started talking about his T2 at 54.x seconds I realized I was at least a second off the mark. I think I should have given someone else's settings a try.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who finished this race. It was hard as hell just to get a clean lap. Let alone a fast one.

P.S. You guys didn't let me down this week. I knew we could set some new records with the 787B on this track.

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
That's it, Im not giving away my progress anymore when we chat on Yahoo!:irked: ;)

Nice run to the podium guys....it's lonely down here in 4th place:embarrassed:

And to all the newer drivers, don't get discouraged, because this was one tough mutha. Probably one of the hardest ones yet.

P.S. Thanks Boom for a fun year.:D

Replay:

To tell you the truth CFM i thought you told me you had a 1'15.3 ;) I though youd be in second but ODP came from no where ;) Anyway nice run CFM.

I can't view any of the faster times than me :( Damn fast NTSC'ers :P

Great run Oliver,and to all that finished this week.:cheers:👍👍

@Kelly-dont let it get you down,come back fighting at Midfield.;)

Awesome times guys,
great job to the top three 👍

Can't wait to see those replays IForce and ODP :)

Well guys, I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I was going to.

Kinda suprised me. I saw several mid 55's and when it came time to turn in a lap, I ended on a 56.1. Oh well. ;)

I also noticed a perfect division spread.

Nice work to all you guys, keep it up. :D
Later.

Congrats to everyone. 👍

And thanks boom for another both fun and challenging race. :)

Originally posted by GoKents
Well guys, I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I was going to.

Me either. :D I somehow managed to barely edge Famine. Wish I'd had more than a couple hours to work on it. I couldn't miss Boom's last race.

Congrats to the fourteeners and the entire field who managed a clean lap.

I'm feeling rather lazy regarding hooking up the Sharkport for my replay, and seeing how slow it is, I can't see why anyone would want it, but if anyone does, let me know and I'll go through the trouble.

BTW - where is the "real deal" Mr. power-drill Herman? i was expecting him to show us all how it was done with a 1'10.xxx...

LOL! :lol: same thing I asked on the week 53 thread:lol:

congrats to everyone, especially to Iforce and ODP for that unimaginable 1'14's!!:eek: :D

I cant beleive I was ousted out of my second podium in as many weeks by T/Less !! I know I could have had a quicker lap but most could say that

Good racing everyone ! even T/Less :mad: !!

Well, great times, and a good week 52 race. Congrats to all the pod people! :lol:

Here's my "Sunday drive" replay:

Attachments

• hare_wrs52.sps
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
Back