Weekly Races

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 8 comments
United States
Addison IL.
One thing l liked about the Quick Matches in GT6 was you had 4 weeks (I think) to figure out the track, what car to use, what gear, when to coast, ect. For me at least it made for cleaner races, less accidents and penalties, and better finishes which led to more fun.
Usually I'd take my time on the first day to get a handle on things, start racing on the 2nd and as the days went on I'd get better and more consistent in each turn, and it seemed like the rest of the field would too, for the most part.
Sure, racing on the same track got a little boring after awhile but was still more fun and less frustrating then what we have now, especially with this messed up penalty system they're giving us.
With the GTS Sport-races changing every day I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who can't figure things out as quick as others might, and dont have all day to do so. So we go out there not totally prepared, which leads to more accidents, penalties, and a lot more bitching.
So I'd like to see them add a Weekly-Race. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
This might not be exactly what you are looking for but some similarities.. GTPlanet has it's own GTSport WRS ( Weekly Race Series) where you can hotlap in your own time over a week on a chosen combo to get your best possible lap time and at the end of the week when you have become one with the car and track you can then meet up at an arranged time with all your hotlap opponents online for a 1 hour race 👍

It is a great bunch of racers who race clean fast and fair and the weekly meet ups might just tide you over until PD implement something similar into GTS 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Worth a look for sure :cheers:

Maybe you would like the SNAIL Racing league. It's once a week with three combos, each getting two races with set laps to be around 12 minutes. Sunday nights at 9pm EST (so 8pm for you I believe) and the combos are announced by Wednesday evening at the latest. This way you get the week to practice (with an official rehearsal practice on Thursday nights) and show up on Sunday night for the main event. It's the most populated GTS online racing league on GTPlanet so you'll never be short of racers to battle. Snailracing.org or GTPlanet.net/SNAIL to link to the main thread and read the first post for all the details.

The game initially launched with races on a weekly cycle, but the masses got listened too and it was changed to what we have now.

I personally liked the week long cycle, it gave a chance to setup the car (you could tune back then as well) and time to run some decent practice / qualifying laps before jumping into some racing, rather than the wham bam thank you ma’am environment that is available now.

I would very much like to see it’s return, with a longer race, say 30/40 minutes, but that really is clutching at straws!

I would like to see another 25-30 min race with tire and fuel wear on a weekly cycle. Throw in some tuning and that would be my favorite sport mode race.

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but some similarities.. GTPlanet has it's own GTSport WRS ( Weekly Race Series) where you can hotlap in your own time over a week on a chosen combo to get your best possible lap time and at the end of the week when you have become one with the car and track you can then meet up at an arranged time with all your hotlap opponents online for a 1 hour race 👍

It is a great bunch of racers who race clean fast and fair and the weekly meet ups might just tide you over until PD implement something similar into GTS 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Worth a look for sure :cheers:
I thought the same thing lol

One thing l liked about the Quick Matches in GT6 was you had 4 weeks (I think) to figure out the track, what car to use, what gear, when to coast, ect. For me at least it made for cleaner races, less accidents and penalties, and better finishes which led to more fun.
Usually I'd take my time on the first day to get a handle on things, start racing on the 2nd and as the days went on I'd get better and more consistent in each turn, and it seemed like the rest of the field would too, for the most part.
Sure, racing on the same track got a little boring after awhile but was still more fun and less frustrating then what we have now, especially with this messed up penalty system they're giving us.
With the GTS Sport-races changing every day I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who can't figure things out as quick as others might, and dont have all day to do so. So we go out there not totally prepared, which leads to more accidents, penalties, and a lot more bitching.
So I'd like to see them add a Weekly-Race. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Just a thought.

Interesting idea actually...here is my build.
  1. Compose a weekly Mon-Sun race with tuning allowed
  2. Set the race duration to 10+ laps
  3. Set tire/fuel wear to bring pit strategies into play

Benefits
  1. Adds another option on the menu that may invite drivers to Sport Mode that do not participate in current daily race format (for whatever reason)
  2. Gives drivers who enjoy tuning to get involved in DR/SR progression.
  3. Gives casual drivers an opportunity to enjoy a bit more immersion by allowing them multiple opportunities throughout the week
  4. Gives drivers a chance to focus on refining certain car/track combos through a weekly rhythm instead of a daily shuffle
  5. May promote race IQ by encouraging a shift in mindset away from immediate gratification, and reduce the need to divebomb and other bad racecraft that exist in 4 lap races

Once the FIA Championships conclude, there may be server capacity to add a 4th race to the existing 3 dailies rotation. PD has built a platform that is designed to be flexible, I say they start prototyping to see what this community enjoys.

Interesting idea actually...here is my build.
  1. Compose a weekly Mon-Sun race with tuning allowed
  2. Set the race duration to 10+ laps
  3. Set tire/fuel wear to bring pit strategies into play

Benefits
  1. Adds another option on the menu that may invite drivers to Sport Mode that do not participate in current daily race format (for whatever reason)
  2. Gives drivers who enjoy tuning to get involved in DR/SR progression.
  3. Gives casual drivers an opportunity to enjoy a bit more immersion by allowing them multiple opportunities throughout the week
  4. Gives drivers a chance to focus on refining certain car/track combos through a weekly rhythm instead of a daily shuffle
  5. May promote race IQ by encouraging a shift in mindset away from immediate gratification, and reduce the need to divebomb and other bad racecraft that exist in 4 lap races

Once the FIA Championships conclude, there may be server capacity to add a 4th race to the existing 3 dailies rotation. PD has built a platform that is designed to be flexible, I say they start prototyping to see what this community enjoys.

Not good at tuning, but I like it.

Another thing I noticed about the GT6 QM was, it was much easier to remember all the turns in the track after driving it day after day, kinda gets etched in your brain alot quicker. Then when that track comes up again later I'm way better prepared and dont have to send as much time practicing the day of the race. My memory isn't so great now of days so even when I spend hours on a track in one day, and dont see it again for another month or so, most of the little nuances have faded away and it's almost like Starting Over Again

Latest Posts

Back